It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: A Cathollic Says What?? Vows to stand against her Church...Stands with Satan/Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
She claims to be a Catholic. Clearly in name only. This is not the first time that she has sided against the beliefs of her supposed faith. Shame on her.. She is at it once again.. Pathetic...

Pelosi Vows to Stand With Obama Against Catholic Church; Says Decision Forcing Catholics to Act Against Faith Was ‘Very Courageous’

Where is her courage?

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) vowed today that she will join with the Obama administration in standing up against the Catholic Church in defending a new regulation that will require Catholic individuals to buy, and Catholic institutions to provide, health insurance plans that cover sterilizations and artificial contraceptives, including those that induce abortions.

She actually had the stones to say this

Pelosi: “First of all, I am going to stick with my fellow Catholics in supporting the administration on this. I think it was a very courageous decision that they made, and I support it.”

I would like to meet her fellow Catholics. I'm a fellow Catholic and I think she has retired to La La land.

Nancy thinks Obama is courageous. It must take courage for a sitting president to continually dance and stomp all over our Constitution.

I remind Nancy of a better example of courage. Look for it at church this Sunday. If you're even there...

Many of the bishops have published letters that priests are reading to their congregations. The letters explain the Catholic objections to the regulation and call for Catholics to resist it. Many of these letter include the following passage from the letter Bishop Paul Loverde of Arlington, Va., and Bishop Francis DiLorenzo of Richmond, Va., have asked their priests to read at Mass this coming Sunday:

“In so ruling, the Administration has cast aside the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, denying to Catholics our Nation’s first and most fundamental freedom, that of religious liberty. And as a result, unless the rule is overturned, we Catholics will be compelled either to violate our consciences, or to drop health coverage for our employees (and suffer the penalties for doing do). The Administration’s sole concession was to give our institutions one year to comply.

“We cannot—we will not—comply with this unjust law.”

I think Nancy has confused the meaning of courage with cowardice. OOOfff!!

cnsnews.com...

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I have two points.
1. Excommunication for Pelosi. Right now! (can I haz excommunication, nao?)

2. I'll agree to the Obama administrations decision when they make muslims eat BLT's.
-mmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . bacon!
edit on 2-2-2012 by beezzer because: I can't spell "two" next week I'm learning how to potty all by myself!

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Why would anybody want to side with people who harbor pedophiles and advocates against safe sex?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
Why would anybody want to side with people who harbor pedophiles and advocates against safe sex?

What a broad brush! Are all muslims, terrorists then?

And the safest sex is abstinence.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why would anyone advocate for the party and the person who says they are a liberal when their actions and the topic clear state otherwise.

Anyone who has watched the news lately knows that pedophilia is not unique to Catholics or Religion guess people never heard about Penn State?

A Nancy Pelosi says what? the same old stupid things.
edit on 2-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Such a tired argument. But I did ask the same question of the Penn State Athletic Department ...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

good point!! I'll donate the first 10 pounds of pork belly that I have stored in my deep freezer. Then its on to slipping Bacon Salt into the food supply...

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have a better question. Where is Satan mentioned in any of this? In the thread title but I couldn't find it in the source material.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If Nancy Pelosi is Catholic then the Pope is a closet Buddhist.

The only thing her own words, work and life indicate she knows about religion is what she's learned for public relations and voter manipulation. She just has too many positions that are so far outside the teaching of the Church that even claiming this is blasphemy for some people, and SHE IS one of them. Yikes.... Some of these leaders can't even describe what shame should be, let alone feel any of it themselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

1. I am quite sure someone has already called you out on the issue of saying the Catholic Church harbors pedophiles but since, like so many other ignoramuses, you demand to be called out repetitively. So fine, I will bite. The current Pope has tried hard to root out the perverts and damned sinners from the Church. It is not a perfect institution but, it is made up of men and men are imperfect. Were there mistakes made in the past? Yes. Were there cover-ups? Yes. And yet, these wrongs are being corrected as I type and as you cry about how awful the Church is.

An institution that goes above and beyond in helping the poor, bring medical aid to the sick, feed the hungry, and most importantly, save eternal souls, deserves a little more respect I would say. But your type is not prone to respect, it is a relentless assault on anything with power and influence over human life that has not been entirely corrupted by left-wing hands. Not only are you prideful of your own ignorance but you go so far as to boast about it too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Us Catholics (I use that loosely as I have never been baptized into the Church) believe in and advocate the safest form of sex possible; abstinence. Because you are so weak as to not be able to remain abstinent does not make us immoral, it makes you, well, pathetic. It is always the sign of the feeble to claim the strong are immoral; Nietzsche was right about morality in many respects.

To the OP:

Thank you for this thread. It does not surprise me the wicked witch of the west would side with big brother over her Church. She is worse than a cafeteria catholic, at least they show up on Sunday and would superficially defend the Church; she instead attacks it. They are showing her around to tell Catholics, “Hey it’s cool to love government over the only salvation for your soul”.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by beezzer

good point!! I'll donate the first 10 pounds of pork belly that I have stored in my deep freezer. Then its on to slipping Bacon Salt into the food supply...

What I said was somewhat flippant, but in all honesty, why force a religion aganst it's dictates? (I'm espicopal, btw-catholic lite. Same religion half the guilt as we say)
It'd be like forcing muslims to eat pork.
Jews to eat non-kosher.
Baptists being forced to dance.
edit on 2-2-2012 by beezzer because: I can't spell tonite, blame the scotch!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Satan is Obama aka the devil because he preys on peoples weakness like instant gratification and the I want mentality.

Nice comparison to which i would agree with altho there are those who say he isn't satan but who else can get away with murder,stealing and lying and cheating to suit his own goals.

The shoe fits.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi is a scumbag...

The Pope protects pedophiles...

move along...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I have a better question. Where is Satan mentioned in any of this? In the thread title but I couldn't find it in the source material.

She is siding with Obama. The man hell bent on dividing the nation, promoting class warfare, racial tensions, and secularizing the country while spending us into catastrophic debt. That guy. Satan. The dark horse who rode in on empty promises, false hopes and fraudulent change.

I've heard that some think he's the antichrist

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've no idea who she is... but looking at her stances on a few things on wikipedia and seeing that she is siding with Obama on this issue.... I'm gonna say good on her.

She seems (from her stance on certain issues) to be a pretty decent person.

Anyone care to tell me the truth about her? Or why she is a scumbag?

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Pop quiz WHAT IS THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD?

Didn't see Nancy Pelosi anywhere in that post some would call that trolling.

What about the neocon sitting in the oval office eh?
edit on 2-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
Nancy Pelosi is a scumbag...

The Pope protects pedophiles...

move along...

I certainly agree with you regarding Pelosi and Catholic church has certainly suffered a black eye over the years and they are making strides to improve and to protect (Now you cannot coach or volunteer unless you have taken formal training on the subject and have had a complete background and criminal check performed).

Furthermore, the protection of pedophiles by large institutions as a whole is very disturbing. Just look at Hollywood and the entertainment business at large. Our heads would explode if we knew the whole truth. Then look to DC and Capital Hill to blow up whatever remains. If walls could talk... Won't even discuss Penn State.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join