It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research Question: Ever Had A Psychic Experience? Share!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by NorEaster

Actually we did bump into each other once before, I checked.

The Truth About what humans worship....

But that was it.

Oh yeah, I remember that thread. Once the human being showed up in the eternal realm, all bets were off as to what's plausible when it comes to what can physically manifest. That means that it's likely that all the gods that anyone could ever want to worship are just waiting for all the devotion and worship that's they know is on its way coming from the corporeal realm. Big gods, little gods, mean gods, nice gods. Gods that nurture and protect and gods that smite whatever doesn't knuckle under when presented with their holy knuckles. For the rest of us, there's the radiant light of the universal consciousness - which will be whatever you decide it'll be, since it passively reflects you back to you as you embrace it. Yeah, it's like embracing yourself because that - in a sense - is exactly what you're doing when you take it on as your god.

It's probably my most controversial determination.

Yeah, it was a pretty odd experience

Generally though, spirit encounters are almost ALWAYS odd.
Glad I could help

I think my friend appreciated your stopping by her site and saying hi. Seems that way from what I can tell. I appreciated it. That much I do know. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I don't like how ridiculous this sounds, especially since it relates to the field of conspiracy theories, but on October 17, 2004, for some reason I had the thought in my head "I wonder if Betty Hill died?" (Betty Hill being part of the famous Betty and Barney Hill alien abduction from 1961). I went and checked online and she had died a couple of hours earlier. Never before or since have I pondered the passing of people unrelated to me.

Its a pretty weak psychic event to be sure, but I am a big UFO buff. Could it be her spirit knew this and alerted me to her passing? I don't know, but I have always wondered about this incident.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Frith because:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

That is strange, but still interesting.

I remember, very clearly, a newscast concerning Gloria Gaynor who sang "I will survive." The newscaster said she had died of cancer. I thought it ironic, with the song and all. Told a lot of people about it. Then found out she was not dead. But I KNOW I saw that newscast.

Of course, that's a whole different topic.....

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
As a young teenager used to get De Ja Vue alot.. and very accurate too, like I had actually been to the place before. I'd actually know detail about whats around the corner.

And... Also as a young teen, for some reason I used to suck digital watches dry of power, within a few days of a new battery being put in, some times it only took hours for the battery to be totally flat..

both these phenomena stopped at around the age of 18.

I have however inherited my Mothers 'Lucid dreaming' which continues to this day.. thats not really psychic tho.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

Interesting that you mentioned draining batteries. My husband does this. We've quit buying him watches because within a week, even the best-made watch stops working. He's also not allowed to touch my laptop or ipod...same reason. He actually screwed the battery up so badly in my ipod that it had to be replaced. No idea how or why it happens.

Your lucid dreaming...care to elaborate? I"m a lucid dreamer and frankly sleeping is the best part of my day.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't class myself as psychic, but have my moments - here are some that come to mind, not very exciting though....
1. I was about 16, had a dream about a bus crashing on a particular spot on the route into the city. Opted out of taking bus, bus crashed just where I'd dreamt about.

2. I enter a lot of prize draws and win from time to time, but never expect to win. Last week, one of the Facebook pages I'd entered a draw on annouced that they would reveal the winner soon, and that their first initial was R. As soon as I read that I knew I was the winner, but then told myself "don't be silly, loads of people have R as an initial"... then i checked my email and I had a message to say the prize was mine

3. My mum and I share some sort of connection beyond the average mother/daughter thing. As in, I'll think "I hope Mum cooks fish pie when I visit her", and I arrive and thats what she is serving... and this happens nearly every week, with a different food each time. Or we meet up and we are both wearing red velvet jackets...or we try to phone each other at exactly the same time....

edit on 6-2-2012 by syntheticbutterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think the bus dream was amazing. I've never had anything like that happen before...probably would have scared me to death if it did.

I think everyone has picked up the phone to call someone, only to discover that person is already on the line. Still strange.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I remembered this once I read your post;
I was in primary school and all the kids in the school were in a draw, First the year was drawn then the class, then the number of the student in the class, Before the student number was drawn I blurted out my number, I didnt know why but that number was called out by my principal at the time, people around me heard me say it and were a bit freaked out.

Nice post S and F

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I don't actually think this was a psychic experience, but a channeled message from my spirit guide...
When I was in my early twenties (I won't mention how long ago that has been) I was driving down a country two-lane road when I came upon an extremely sharp curve. As I approached the curve I heard a voice in my head saying, "STOP!" I was startled, and wondered where that voice came from, and if I really heard it. Again the voice said, "Pull over off the road as far as you can, and STOP!!" The voice was so demanding, I obeyed. Just as I got over in the grass and sat there for a couple of seconds wondering if I was "losing it", a big dump truck came around the curve on my side of the road! If I hadn't pulled off the road I would have been hit head-on, and probably killed! I about went into shock. I pulled back onto the road and stopped at the first available place (a country store) to compose myself!
I've had a psychic connection with my cousin all my life. As others have posted, we both call each other at the same time, or I'll know what she is calling about before she says a word, and I'll start talking about the topic before she has a chance to speak. She'll laugh and say, "Yeah, that's what I was calling you about."
At work when I get a phone call I'll pick up the receiver and just answer the question before they ask. Sometimes I shock people on the other end. I know what people are thinking sometimes without them telling me. I think some of my co-workers are afraid of me. LOL I attended a psychic fair close to my home town once, and the psychic who did my reading said I should be sitting there with them doing readings for others. That brought a big smile to my face.
Many, many times I will think of someone I haven't thought about in years, and the next day (or sometimes the same day) I'll see them, or someone will mention hearing something about them.
I've had many different types of experiences, not just psychic related, but everything paranormal, spiritual, UFOs, big foot, manifestations; anything that wasn't considered "normal" in the mainstream. I became obsessed to learn why all these different things were happening to me. After 40 years of researching all these topics I think I have a pretty good understanding of it all. I may have to find others threads to talk about some of my other experiences since I am a new member here, and I haven't replied to my 20 postings yet.
I hope you all enjoy reading my experiences.
sled735
edit on 9-2-2012 by sled735 because: to add my signature

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hurry up with your 20 posts and start a new thread! I can't wait to read it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I keep experiencing strange things. For instance yesterday and possibly the day before. I had the image of Northumbria Chief Constable Sue Sim in my head. She entered the public eye in July 2010 after the Raoul Moat incident. Anyway, it turns out that today the death of PC David Rathband (blinded by Moat) was first reported and I then saw her on the news afterwards. Thing is, I'm also thinking with the proverbial scientific cap on and perhaps my brain made a mental connection yesterday. As I saw a news report on Sue Akers (Deputy Assistant Commissioner of the British Met Police) , both are women, both occupy senior positions within their police forces and both have the first name Sue. Perhaps coincidental. Still, this has happened before. Where a name, a face or person will pop into my head without any discernible prompting. Then I'll come cross some related news about them. It's left me feeling intrigued more than anything. I've been told by others who claim to be 'gifted' that I have some ability, and it's something my mother and sister have. Again, I don't want that to sway me or give me a certain bias. In addition, I just don't like to commit to it for certain, as I have to think logically and there could be so many variables: 24-hour news, web page viewing and so forth. So information is passed around more easily and readily, perhaps triggering memories or thoughts? I do believe in the possibility of ESP anyway.
edit on 1/3/12 by Retro~Burn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a few times i was able to guess the suit or number of the next cards layed down in pokeno

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

I think the 'laughter' light was flashing but no-one's laughing

Anyone have a 'psychic experience'? Such as thinking about someone you haven't seen or heard from in a while and then you see/speak to them?

edit on 1/3/12 by Retro~Burn because: edit - what else?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think I have psychic experiences all the time. It happens mostly in my dreams but often while I'm awake too.
I dreamt one Saturday night that one of my students was dead and nobody knew why. It was very vivid and emotional, I had an uneasy feeling the rest of the weekend. I was eager for her to get to school the following Monday and her mother could sense my urgency when she did arive so much so that she asked me if everything was ok. Not wanting to freak her out I just brushed it off and said 'oh yeah, just happy to see everyone today'. She kept asking me what was up and I finally told her that I had had a weird dream about her daughter and was just happy to see her well this morning. I will never forget the look on her face, she just went blank and pale then told me 'the girl had been fine friday night but in the middle of the night she had gotten an extremely high fever and was rushed to the hospital. She had stayed there untill Sunday afternoon when she just as mysteriously was perfectly fine again, fine enought to come to school. The Drs had no explination for her illness as she was and had been perfectly healthy.
Sitting on my couch I was looking out at the beach and chit chatting with my husband while he played a video game. All of the sudden I saw an old friend of ours who had moved back to the mainland over a year before. I jumped up, got excited and said to my man 'Look who moved back, I can't believe he didn't call us'. When I looked back and tried pointing him out he wasn't there nor was he the rest of the night, I kept looking out for him. Two days later our friend called to tell us that he was moving back to the island and couldn't wait to hang out on the beach with us again and could we pick him up at the airport when he arrived.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
yes, i once had a powerful experiance. I pratice meditation usually every day before i rest, i find it results in a deeper more fulfilling sleep. Although i have read much online about different meditation techniques the one i have had the best results with is to be resting in bed or on a couch and to close your eyes and let your mind go dark, ( usually when i close my eyes at first my mind is racing with various things) after i have cleared my mind i picture myself hovering over my body watching myself in the resting position. Usually this is where i fall asleep lol. but from time to time i will stay awake and attempt to astro project myself somewhere. one night while attempting this i had a waking dream (a sleep paralisys where my body is sleeping and my mind is some where else still aware that i am sleeping). As i hovered i began to float away, through my roof, into the sky then eventually into space, but it did not stop there i kepy floating further and further tell i could no long see the earth. I drifted for what seamed like hours floating through space( still aware that i was at home laying in bed) untill i reached this thing perhaps the galatic core???? i reached out and touched it, when i did i was hit by the brightest light and then i awoke. to find i had only been gone for less than 5 mins. it was a intence experiance and warped my perception of life.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by surewhynot
yes, i once had a powerful experiance. I pratice meditation usually every day before i rest, i find it results in a deeper more fulfilling sleep. Although i have read much online about different meditation techniques the one i have had the best results with is to be resting in bed or on a couch and to close your eyes and let your mind go dark, ( usually when i close my eyes at first my mind is racing with various things) after i have cleared my mind i picture myself hovering over my body watching myself in the resting position. Usually this is where i fall asleep lol. but from time to time i will stay awake and attempt to astro project myself somewhere. one night while attempting this i had a waking dream (a sleep paralisys where my body is sleeping and my mind is some where else still aware that i am sleeping). As i hovered i began to float away, through my roof, into the sky then eventually into space, but it did not stop there i kepy floating further and further tell i could no long see the earth. I drifted for what seamed like hours floating through space( still aware that i was at home laying in bed) untill i reached this thing perhaps the galatic core???? i reached out and touched it, when i did i was hit by the brightest light and then i awoke. to find i had only been gone for less than 5 mins. it was a intence experiance and warped my perception of life.

This sounds more like astral projection than a waking dream. If you do it again, think of somewhere you want to go, and see if you go. If so, you are astral projecting. I haven't been able to do this at will, but everyone does it when they sleep, they just don't remember it. I never have the right atmosphere to relax to practice, but I want to ace this someday (soon).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join