It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Event Horizon - Something new & old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The following piece is from a shoot I did last year. This pose and shot never happened, at least not on a single frame, until now.

The model is a combination of 5 different frames from the same shoot with the same model; combined to create a new pose out of a number of frames from the shoot that were unusable by themselves. The model, as is usual with model shoots was nude. All clothing/accessories are free-hand creations.
Please note, though the model was nude, this image is now entirely safe. Clothing was added.

The background is also a combination of 5, or 6 different photos.

Then, there's quite a bit of free-hand creation and work on top of all that.

Event Horizon (clicky click clicky for image)

Further, if you're unfamiliar with my work, I've a nasty habit of embedding coded messages into my work. The difficulty level is a bit high, I suppose, as no one has solved even one.

Anyway, Hope you enjoy.

I'll be offline for most of the day, so, if I don't reply back to any queries, you should hear from me sometime later.

edit on 2-2-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Umm... Wow.

As someone currently in a degree program for graphic design, color me impressed. That is one fine piece of work! Nothing more to say..just a quick note to recognize how good that looks to my eyes. Hopefully, I'll reach a point where I can create something equally beautiful.

(I saved your image...and plan to get back to this after school tonight without checking the thread again. I love a challenge..and coded meaning eh? Well I can't resist that!)

Thanks for the eye candy and challenge to go with it.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by nineix

Umm... Wow.

As someone currently in a degree program for graphic design, color me impressed. That is one fine piece of work! Nothing more to say..just a quick note to recognize how good that looks to my eyes. Hopefully, I'll reach a point where I can create something equally beautiful.

(I saved your image...and plan to get back to this after school tonight without checking the thread again. I love a challenge..and coded meaning eh? Well I can't resist that!)

Thanks for the eye candy and challenge to go with it.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Thanks!
Seems you're the only one.
I suppose I may have posted at a busy time full of other distracting articles?

Tips on graphic design since you mentioned you're working on a degree: Familiarize yourself with photoshopdisasters.com.
If you're not already familiar with the site, it's a good source for learning about things to avoid.

Unfortunately, unless you're an independent business, you get put under pressure with deadlines which will invariably short circuit into mistakes and all the fun stuff we see on photoshopdisasters.com.

From an independent art side, you can take your time. I'm always going back, months, sometimes years, revising old stuff, and sometimes, as in this case, creating something totally new.

In this piece, the space suit is 9 duplicate layers of the model's body (edited to remove R-Rated stuff). 1 layer is worked until the right texture is achieved. In this case, filter chrome + smudge + free-hand + more smudge + filter plastic wrap + even more smudge + filter smart sharpen.
Once the monochromatic grey-scale chrome look is to satisfaction, that's duplicated several times, Colors are added/played with, top and bottom color selected. Top color is layer on top, with bottom being the layer underneath.
Each color is layered with different blending and opacity selections for more effects. Layers are then merged to leave the gold and blue layer (top and bottom).
Erase parts of the gold (top) layer, revealing blue layer underneath, and now there's nifty designs.

The model is still essentially naked, but, now her bits are just 'painted'.
This is most evident at the feet where I was lazy and didn't bother making them look like proper boots or shoes.
Space socks, with toes!

As far as the embedded code, I've looked at this re-sized version, and some of the elements necessary don't resolve in the resize. Sorry.

The full, uncompressed version is 32"x42" were some of the fiddly bits can be seen, or possibly direct toward others. Larger elements (in this piece), since the resolution isn't good enough can be seen at certain 'times', Long hand, short hand, and maybe what time o'clock the model is looking at?

Anyway, thank you again!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

WOOOOOOOOOW!

I love your work, and your lengthy posts

Don't ever stop! Hehehe

top topics

join