It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul polling 2nd in Nevada!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Looks like Dr Paul's strategy may be paying off!!

Recent Nevada poll shows him in 2nd behind Romney, but of course the headline says something else. Here's the latest numbers-

Mitt Romney 34%
Ron Paul 24%
Undecided 19%
Newt Gingrich 14%
Rick Santorum 9%

10 point lead over Gingrich is encouraging.

Full article here-

2012nevadacaucus.com...

Go Ron Go!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

What states is he campaigning towards besides Nevada? Those are the states I wanna follow, where as Florida didn't mean anything to RP so I could care less what the outcome was, and predictably it turned out pretty much as I thought it would.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Awesome! Why is he last according to realclearpolitics??

www.realclearpolitics.com...

9% in Nevada according to that?? Something is definately not right.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the topic of most the people I talk too, people seem to think he is our only hope. I myself wasn't a Ron Paul supporter last election but recently I have read more on him and it seems to me that he is the only canidate that hasn't sold out to the establishment. He will have my vote until another canidate actually adresses the real problems with this country.

1. Wars... yes i completely agree with his foriegn policy, being a vet and a father I truely believe he has the right idea

2. The Federal Reserve... which is a privately owned bank that lends america our money with a interest rate attached to it.. which in my opinion is a crime.

3. States rights... I fully believe in this, if the people of a state want or don't want something they should get it. This would make states compete for americas most valuable asset.. the people.

4. Constitution.. It seems that there is an agenda to destroy the constitution in the political system and this too is criminal... NDAA... Patriot Act... and countless others..

Until the other canidates address these issues you can be sure that nothing will change because it means that they have sold out to the Establishment and its own secret agenda.

I dont believe they will let ron paul ever come close to winning, with voter fraud and the media completely blacking out RP they will ignore him hoping he will just go away.

Republican and Democrat parties are now just names and a tool that the Establishment uses to split americans and divide them against each other,This makes them easier to control. I'm sick of the finger pointing from this political party, I'm sick of the lies told, the corruption. I support ron paul because he sticks to his beliefs, has always voted for the constitution, is a war vet, is a crazy old kook and thats exactly what we need because you would have to be crazy to take on the establishment.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Great! I wish the MSM would give RP half the air time that Newt and Romney get. Seems like Fox news is afraid to even mention his name, and if they, do they don't ever want to talk about his plans/ideas. What's really starting to disturbe me is the fact that Romney is practically buying votes, and telling people what they want to hear to get their votes. It's all a sham! I don't understand with Romney's history why any Republican or Independent would want to vote for him at all! Please God help us all!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Maine(where caucus voting is going on for a week right now), Colorado(where over 5000 people showed up at 3 stops in the last couple days), and Nevada. Those are the 3 states where he is currently campaigning.

Here's a look at the popular vote so far through 4 states vs 2008 votes for Ron Paul-

IA: 2008 - 11.817 ... 2012 - 26,036 that's 2.2x as many
NH: 2008 - 18,346 ... 2012 - 56,872 that's 3.1x
SC: 2008 - 16,155 ... 2012 - 77,993 that's 4.8x
FL: 2008 - 62,887 ... 2012 - 117,105 that's 1.9x

Go Ron Go!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Ron Paul should be able to win this State, not merely come second. The demographics and the type of elections (caucus) supports the kind of voters he is seeking. Ron Paul has got to demonstrate that he can win a couple of states if he is to come to the Tampa convention with any kind of influence. I don't think coming second is going to be enough for him to gain momentum, even if the voting is proportional.

I'm not sure about what Paul's campaign plan is, but the smart thing would be to invest his campaign and focus in Las Vega, sin city.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this is worth celebrating. Paul was pretty much banking on the caucus states to give him some momentum. If he can't even come in first in those states what hope does he have to come in first anywhere else?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikem

I am honored to give you your 3rd. star on your excellent 2nd. post...Welcome to ATS...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Polls differ on a daily basis, so no conspiracy there..

here's the RCP poll data for the upcoming states:

They don't have the OP poll listed, but that doesn't discount it, you have to keep in mind that most of these polls are from a small sampling, and most polling outfits have their own way of conducting their polling...

In this case the sample was 300 reg and likely REP voters.. you can compare them to the charts on the RCP page and see how they vary..

In this one, Romney gets just over 100, Paul 76? UNDECIDED 56 and so forth...

All in all, a much needed boost for the supporters of Ron Paul.

It's Saturday that counts though

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Wookiep

Polls differ on a daily basis, so no conspiracy there..

here's the RCP poll data for the upcoming states:

They don't have the OP poll listed, but that doesn't discount it, you have to keep in mind that most of these polls are from a small sampling, and most polling outfits have their own way of conducting their polling...

In this case the sample was 300 reg and likely REP voters.. you can compare them to the charts on the RCP page and see how they vary..

In this one, Romney gets just over 100, Paul 76? UNDECIDED 56 and so forth...

All in all, a much needed boost for the supporters of Ron Paul.

It's Saturday that counts though

Yeah, I understand that. RCP polls are weird tho and always seem to have Paul lower than he actually is. (with the exception of Florida, geeze what was that all about?!)

But how can 1 poll have him at 9% and the other at 24%?? I'm assuming both polls are recent. That is a HUGE difference.

Anyway I agree, it's great for Paul, I hope he goes up about 10 more points and takes it!

edit on 2-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
For those of us, that are on the bandwagon, we need him to win a state soon, otherwise the media will continue painting Romney as the only choice. Unfortunately, what the corpses of the GOP fail to realize, is yeah Romney is doing well with REPUBLICANS but he will not get much independent or democrat voters. Paul can get support from all 3.

Unfortunately, on other websites, such ass HuffPo when I get into debates w/people they are so slanted and delusional with talking points, I either get called a communist Pinkko, or that I should go watch Fox News. There are still many many people blinded by the establishment, and only believe what CNN/MSNBC/FOX tell them. We're in a huge uphill climb.

Listen to Bill Maher, even when he remotely compliments RP he does it in such a backhanded way because he's so biased towards the liberal crap. These 2 parties are ruining our economy and want to further intrude on our lives, and 80 percent of this country does not give a rats ass! Makes me sick!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thankyou I appreciate it, I have been reading this site for over a year and have finally signed on to post my opinions. I have found that I get most of my breaking interesting news from here, then I google it and read up as much as I can. I have to commend you all for a great job in posting things that should be talked about mainstream.

"Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean that someone isn't following me."

top topics

join