It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you become a "paid shill"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've been called a paid shill so many times and yet, I'm not getting paid! I constantly see people claiming that Cointel people are surfing various forums, and Youtube, making comments to try and refute conspiracy theories. The Chemtrailers and HAARPers seem to take offense the most at any information or common sense that refutes their claims.

So I ask you guys that are paid shills; how did you get your job? I've looked all over www.usajobs.com and I can't find any openings! I know people with security clearances and they don't know anything about the US governments paid shill program for making comments on Youtube videos and conspiracy websites.

I want to get paid!

edit on 2-2-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Seriously, I could use the money, too. I might not even have to change my opinions, either.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think they have to approach you, not the other way 'round. I mean, now that you've expressed interest in being a shill, ATS won't take you as seriously as it did before (if at all) and you IP address could just be checked by Admins/Mods and if you start a new account later to be a shill here, then Mods might notice your IP is the same, or it belongs to the same block of IP addresses you used to use to visit here before.

Easy way 'round that is simply switch service providers when you decide to become a shill, that way everyone on ATS, including the Mods, don't have any reason to suspect that you are not a 'new member' but in fact a traitor.

Deny ignorance, do not fall for its promises of bliss and money.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If you are comfortable with selling your soul for the almighty dollar, go to this site:

www.ehow.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

The Paid Shill program is not something you get hired into, that would be too obvious. It is something you can get "promoted" into after proving your unquestionable loyalty in some other program first. It is also the job you retire into after getting a disability preventing you from doing your regular government dirtywork. Example; a cop getting an arrow in the knee.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Wow dude.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have no doubt the government pays people to express opinions on subject matter, but the claims some people make that ANYONE who has a differing view and FACTS to refute certain theories is a paid shill, is outrageous.

I don't believe HAARP can create a tornado or can show up on Doppler radar and certain people will ALWAYS refute any facts I present by saying I'm a paid shill. It's laughable.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I got referred by a friend. But I am sure there are a million ways to get in. All super secretive of course.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That's easy. Just go to the chemtrail forum, and post from the viewpoint that chemtrails are not real. You will become a paid disinfo agent in a matter of minutes. I am still not sure at what point the checks come, but I am still holding out hope.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just go too.....

Wait a minute...

Never mind.. pretend i said nothing

edit on 2-2-2012 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ask proudbird or aloysius the gual, the infamous chemtrail shills....or buddhasystem, the marko rodin/torus shill....or raivo, the wilcock/fulford shill...the list goes on...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Follow the Owl...

The eyes of the owl...

Follow the Owl.

You will see (just as it sees).

edit on 2-2-2012 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
ask proudbird or aloysius the gual, the infamous chemtrail shills....or buddhasystem, the marko rodin/torus shill....or raivo, the wilcock/fulford shill...the list goes on...

Thanks for proving my point.
You seriously believe the US government is paying those guys to debunk "chemtrails"? LMAO. OK!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
getting paied for trolling is kinda nice...

i have to admit that

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That's why I put the flamey smiley there, I was playing along, but the flamey smiley was to let you know I'm over-reacting with you, because I know you're being sarcastic, and the flamey smiley is the self-aware recognition of taking things way too seriously.

Maybe you call me out on my lack of sarcasm awareness, you fell for it yourself.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Thanks for proving my point.
You seriously believe the US government is paying those guys to debunk "chemtrails"? LMAO. OK!

i didn't say one thing about them being paid shills, YOU are the one assuming that... so go "laugh your a$$ off" in a mirror.

all i said was that you should ask them about it, if you're interested.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I like all those posters you mentioned.

A shortlist of critical thinkers on the forum.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oooh ooh I got this one!!! All you have to do is the following.

1. Find a article on ATS that you don't agree with.
2. Post your disagreement to the OP.
3. Voila you have just become a paid shill.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If you are willing to shill and you are also a young Israeli student in need of a scholarship, NUIS (National Union of Israeli Students) might help you out.
electronicintifada.net...

Otherwise most professional shills are probably employed by online marketing firms and engage in astroturfing.

But overall the time of paid shills may end in the near future. The US military is developing software, that will allow it to secretly manipulate social media sites by using sock-puppets.

The US military is developing software that will let it secretly manipulate social media sites by using fake online personas to influence internet conversations and spread pro-American propaganda.

A Californian corporation has been awarded a contract with United States Central Command (Centcom), which oversees US armed operations in the Middle East and Central Asia, to develop what is described as an "online persona management service" that will allow one US serviceman or woman to control up to 10 separate identities based all over the world.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

are they in your division, or are they across the hall?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Dear FissionSurplus,

Thanks for the tip. I went to your "ehow" link as I wanted to see how much of my soul I would have to sell to get how many dollars. One piece of their advice was:

Post with well written, grammatically correct sentences. To be a good paid forum poster, you should engage others by creating subjects that encourage conversation. The point of having paid forum posters is to encourage traffic and conversation at the community so do your best to write with open ended questions that will illicit responses. Create positive, upbeat posts and avoid participating in flame wars where posters attack one another in their posts.
ATS needs about a thousand more paid posters.

www.ehow.com...

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2 >>

join