It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New guy from Canada...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So, I am finally a registered user. I have been lurking here almost every day for over a year.

-I am Canadian. From eastern Canada but currently living in the biggest dump in Canada. It is known as Winnipeg, Manitoba.

-I have guns and I use them for target shooting and hunting. If I kill something I am killing it because I am going to eat it, not hang it on my wall.

-I love fishing. I would drop my line in a toilet if I thought there were fish in it.

-I have never seen a UFO, although I did see something strange in the sky when I was about 12 years old and know for a fact is was no satellite nor aircraft.

-As for ghosts.... I swear on my mothers life I saw one, and only one, in about 2001 when I was house-sitting for a friend. The thought of what I saw still spooks me to this day. (No alcohol was involved in this encounter)

-The long gun registration is about to be scrapped in Canada and that makes me so very very happy.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
heya buddy welcome to ats, you sound a little too sane to be here lol.
i love canada and canadians
see you round the forums

and here at ats we have ways of making you canadians pronounce the letter o. lol..sorry watched canadian bacon the other day

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Welcome Fellow Martime Canuck!

Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hey Jay, welcome to ATS. You don't like Winnipeg? Loved it there. Well, 6 months out of the year.
I'm from Halifax but living in the the GTA. Now there's a pit if I ever saw one. Where are you from back home?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Welcome to the site my friend, any questions then feel free to ask

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Awwww yeah, more Canukistanis invading the board! Soon there won't be any Canadians who aren't here, and then a Brazillian wave comes, HUEHUEHUE!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thank you all for the welcome.

I am originally from Moncton, New Brunswick. Have not been home since Nov 2009, and although I LOVE going back home I did not want to go last time. It was to bury my best friend.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Well let me give you an update.

We had 30 cm of snow yesterday.

You ain't missing much

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You might have 30 cm of snow.... but you also got something else that I would really enjoy right about now.

Fresh seafood!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
You might have 30 cm of snow.... but you also got something else that I would really enjoy right about now.

Fresh seafood!

I hear ya. They don't know seafood that well in Ontario either. Btw, LOVE Moncton. Partied there more than once. Fun town.

ETA: Can you get a donair in the Peg? You can here finally. The place is called Halifax Donair and Pizza. Best place around here for pizza and the only one for donairs.
edit on 2-2-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
*** WELCOME***

Greetings from Alberta. Canada... yeah Im in the same boat as you.. never seen a UFO.. never seen a ghost or otheriwse... maybe Canada is just too cold for these things to happen... I do have an evil cat though.. does that count? hehe I will keep my eyes to the skys and maybe one day I will join the other people in my calims of seeing a UFO or pig flying... we all know in Canada you have to duck from all the flying "pucks"!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Have not found a place in Winnipeg for donairs.... but thanks for making me so hungry right now, especially after losing 30 lbs in 4 months!

Oddly, though, best donairs I ever had were from Queen Donair in Edmonton. A jumbo danair there could feed 4 people.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Welcome! I look forward to seeing you on the boards.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

-I love fishing. I would drop my line in a toilet if I thought there were fish in it.

^^^ This is why I love Canadians
. I myself love to fish also. I would say welcome to the site, but it sounds like you probably already know your way around. Thanks for the introduction.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
.... but thanks for making me so hungry right now, especially after losing 30 lbs in 4 months!

Sorry about that. I know it can be an itch you can't scratch. There's a Greek dish call a Gyro, looks the same but it sure doesn't taste the same. Not even close.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Acadia Donair in Dieppe is where it's at

And yes Gyro's are good, but really not the same.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey, who organized the Maritimer Conference without me?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A question on the user name Jay. TFC. Are your a football(soccer) fan?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Hey, who organized the Maritimer Conference without me?

The OP.

All Maritimers welcome, no matter what side of the 49th you're on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join