It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think alien contact would necessarily be a good thing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wemadetheworld

Yes I think to both questions but the transition could be very painful as we integrate our societies perhaps not dissimilar to present day globalisation

If they are more advanced then hopefully they would have the good sense to engage first with academia and not the military

No. Their "visitation" is utterly perilous to us.

It is extremely imprudent of anyone to hope that the ETs will engage with any human being in any arena.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Because they can push us into being better people. For example the day the earth stood still example, where aliens come down and say "sorry your times up, time for you to die" and only then are we able to come together.

The ET Intervention is not here to destroy the human beings, but rather use (enslave) the human beings to acquire resources, for extraterrestrial beings cannot breathe this atmosphere and are not adapted to withstand the biodiversity of this planet. The ET Intervention is here to appropriate resources of the planet and acquire human allegiance. To that end, it is using a very subtle method (persuasion and deception) to covertly conquer this world. It does not wish to destroy this world because the resources will then be destroyed, which would be very costly to them and defeat its purpose. It attempts to pacify the humanity into acquiescence.

www.AlliesOfHumanity.org

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal

50% of us are Better People. 50% disfunctional Evil People. Law of universal nature. Balance. I don't think it can be fixed, it just is always going to be that way. It's probably the same with Aliens. Not the best odds of something good happening...

I'm not sure about the percentages or odds. However, indeed, there exist self-serving aliens who disregard the rights of natives of certain worlds and appropriate their resources, as if their own. There are also physical beings that represent the Wise in the universe, who work to provide wisdom to other races when necessary. These wise beings are not in this solar system currently. Until the humanity can accomplish cooperation and unity within itself and emerge into the Greater Community of Worlds as a free, independent race with its self-determination preserved, the only extraterrestrial beings it will encounter are those self-serving aliens whose goal is to conquer the world clandestinely.

www.AlliesOfHumanity.org

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I don't know , but I don't want to pay taxes or share my social welfare ,with some stranded ship with two billion aliens on it thats for sure...

The ET Intervention come in a very small number, certainly not in billions. However, they have been gathering and establishing themselves in a growing number, bringing more supplies each year.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

I think alien visitation would cause some excitement and craziness for a few days but then everybody would quickly go back to their normal lives. Religion has never made any sense, so alien contact wouldn't hurt religion. Life would go on the same as always, because life is mostly about taking care of necessities.

Probably the aliens are already here but they are so advanced that they aren't interested in being our friends and they aren't interested in enslaving us. They're probably studying Earth purely for curiosity.

Yes and no.

The closest solar system to this one is four light years away. Regardless of their advanced technology, it is very costly to make such trips just to study Earth purely out of curiosity. So, no, they are not here to merely observe the world. They have specific goals they are attempting to achieve, which is to enslave the humanity unbeknownst to itself. If people are chained physically, then they would know that they are enslaved. Would people be able to discern that they are enslaved if their minds are taken away? Human freedom and self-determination are what these ET Intervention is attempting to take away...very covertly.

Yes, the extraterrestrial beings are already here and they are advanced, at least, technologically. They are not interested in being our friends for they do not regard us as their equal, though they will do anything and everything to acquire human allegiance. Why? They are here to take our resources, but they are not physically adapted to this environment. So, they need the human beings to get what they need for them.

Yes, life will probably go on...sort of. Should the ET Intervention succeed in accomplishing its goal to conquer this world, then that would be the end of human civilization as we know it.

www.AlliesOfHumanity.org

If humanity should fail in opposing the Intervention, ..... the planet Earth will be mined for its resources, its people will be corralled to work and its rebels and heretics will be either alienated or destroyed. The world will be preserved for its agriculture and its mining interests. Human societies will exist, but only in subordination to powers from beyond your world. And should the world exhaust its usefulness, should its resources be completely taken, then you will be left, bereft. The supportive life upon your world will have been taken from you; the very means of survival will have been stolen. This has happened before in many other places.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

At the moment we are portraying the picture of the kids that wrecked the house while dad was out.....thing is, he's on his way home!

Yes, indeed..we do need to become more mature collectively, conserve and preserve our environments and resources, and live more sustainably. Absolutely. However, these aliens are not our ancestors if that's what you mean by "he's on his way home."

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
it has already happened long ago. however to more accurately answer. for us now? Yes it would be good. If the right ones with the right intentions came. Assistance in removing Khazarian banking scum and new world order afiliates from power would be most appreciated.

Do not presume that any aliens coming to help you by destroying those you oppose, provide the technology the humanity needs (or wants), or help solve human beings' global problems are good for the humanity. These aliens are deceiving the humanity to acquire human allegiance for the purpose of using the humanity to get the resources that they covet.

What the humanity needs to do is to unite for the common cause, to thwart the ET Intervention, because the humanity is now all in the same boat facing the same peril, the possible loss of human freedom and its self-determination.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think that is a difficult question. I would inherently believe they might have the tenancy to become hostile. I mean look at the spanyards with the native americans. Colonization always winds up being a primary motive to an under-class. Although, I am interested to read the new print of A.D after disclosure, by Richard Dolan. Has anybody heard of that book before? This is the exact question he asks, and plays out the hypothesis of what would, in reality, occur in our social and economic societies.
I tend to lean more towards, if someone knows more than you, as nature prescribes, they will exploit that knowledge to their benefit.
conclusions? highly advanced E.T species might equal headache for man kind--we should be prepared either way.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think the reasons they would come here could be endless.

What we have on this planet are proteins and plants, compared to other planets. Slave labor. Suppose they abduct people and take them to empty planets to mine gold, minerals, etc.. or even to be factory type laborers putting their technology together. I think since we haven't been eliminated they are using humans for something.

There is diversified genetic materials to play god with here. We may also be entertainment for them to manipulate. The theory of strip the planet of its resources senerio sounds very bleak. They could do this to empty planets. However, we would be used as the labor to do the mining.

What is expensive and valuable on this planet currently? Food, Gasoline, Medical care, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Titanium, Clean Water, Electricity, Natural Gas, Housing, Land, New technology, Travel.

Maybe these aliens have factories on nearby planets and they keep flying over and taking people away to work in their factories and they keep comming back for more people because we keep dying on them from diseases and being over worked, injured, suicide from depression, and old age... There are many reasons to be careful with the unknown. Suppose the word is out about Earthlings, as universal gossip, and more aliens show up with different adgendas.

No one is going to save us from ourselves, we must rely upon ourselves as a group. Certain cultures need to catch up and realize we are all on this planet together. Might as well get along working nicely with each other.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by SplitInfinity

so what is your view on ancient alien influence with humans?

i can imagine advanced aliens can zip around to any point in space and time....

maybe to them 10 000 years ago isnt that long... but it could be different races have mingled in ancient mans past?

Theres no way they can give us any world saving hints, clues, or philosophies? or the technology they contributed has these capabilities and they simply dont care about us that much....

i would love to know what their insights on the universe is, their philosophies, and their physical and technological abilities.

There have een some strange and unanswered questons of supposed achievements of Ancient Man. One of these is the carvings in the giant stone temples at Karnak in Egypt. The pictographs carved into the stone are done with a precision that would take madern Humans at the top level of this skill computer controlled Robotic inscribing drills or laythes as the carvings at Karnak as these incriptions or carvings never deviate from just a few thousandths of an inch.
Modern practicioners of these types of techniques have said that the idea that ancient Humans carved this with a hand tool is impossible as it could not be done without robotic precision. Another example of such precision is the Sphinx. When a photograph of the Sphynx is taken and a negative of the photo made to the same size as say a 3ft by 3 ft photo and negative....when the negative is turned so that the right side is placed over the left side of the Sphynx....it is an absolute PERFECT MATCH....again when consulting Several World Renoun Companies who do this kind of work....they all agree...that perfection of this exactment is only achievable by 3-D Laser Process where a computer and a Robotic Laythe use 3-D Data in order for something of this precision to be made....they all said the same thing...the Sphynx is impossible to be carved by hand with such perfection on both sides wich are perfectly equal. I KNOW E.T. to be a fact...my knowledge of their involvement thousands of years ago is limited. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
What does the Extraterrestrial Intervention want?

- From The Allies of Humanity - Book II

This beautiful world, a rare gem in the Greater Community (i.e., universe) of barren worlds and empty space is being sought after for the resources of the world by resource explorers from outer space. ….

….[Those] who are intervening in your world today want to gain control of this world for obvious reasons and for reasons that are not so obvious. They see this world as a great prize, rich in resources, governed by a race that they believe is unruly and unworthy to be the stewards of such a wondrous place. They also value your world,…., because of its strategic importance and because of the hidden depositories that exist in many parts of the world.

……Here you must understand they regard you as a resource as well. They do not consider you to be their equals. They do not value your religions, your cultures or your customs. They see you primarily as one of the resources of the world. As such, they seek to take advantage of you in all the ways that they can that they deem to be profitable and valuable to their interests.

…. What you may not understand is that each year thousands of people are taken and not returned to the world. These people are not simply conditioned. They are kept. Some of them perish in captivity. Some of them do not survive the process of their capturing. Some become sick and die. Those that cannot survive and are still seen as useful to the Intervention are used as a biological resource. That means that their blood, their body parts, everything is used according to its value in the Greater Community. In the Greater Community, biological resources such as blood, plasma, DNA, bone marrow, skin and body organs can be used for their chemical substances. From these, medicines are made. From these, new life forms are bred. These substances are valuable commodities in certain parts of the Greater Community.

If those who are captured and not returned survive, they will be used for other purposes. Should the Intervention gain complete control of your world, many people who are considered to be undesirable, or who do not fit into the social patterns established through the Intervention, will be used as biological resources in this way.

…..In the Greater Community, biological resources are very valuable because they can be used and altered for a variety of purposes as we have mentioned – for medicinal purposes, the life support purposes and for the breeding and generation of new species. This is why many of your animals are taken. They are not simply taken to provide blood products for the interbreeding program. They are taken because these blood products themselves are highly valuable and can be traded very successfully.

…..This, of course, is entirely hidden from their public agenda. Those that they persuade to become their adherents and their representatives will never be told these things. Part of their Pacification Program is to assure you that they are here for your good and for your redemption and for the preservation of the world. But as we have so often said, it is the preservation of the world for their needs. The plants, the animals, the breathable atmosphere and the water are all resources to be used and are valuable in and of themselves, as well as the mineral wealth that exists in this world. But the missing part in all this is your role as a biological resource. This is how the Intervention views you – as a resource. This, of course, would never be revealed to those who are being pacified or to those who even today may stand as representatives and apologists for the Intervention. But this is so very true.

…..Here you must think of your well-being and the well-being of your family, your children, your friends and your acquaintances, most assuredly. And beyond this, you must consider the well-being of your whole world and the security of human life. As a resource, you will be used, and when your usefulness is over, you will be discarded. This is how resources are used. Some are preserved. Some are used up. Just the way that you use resources in your daily life.

- From The Allies of Humanity – Book II
www.AlliesOfHumanity.org
edit on 10-2-2012 by ResistETIntervention because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I don't think aliens using humans to mine resources here on Earth makes that much sense, as that doesn't seem to be happening. Not to mention humans make for a pretty terrible work force, I'm sure ETs could come up with much better workers than humans. No, whatever their motivations, using us to mine their resources doesn't seem to fit.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What if its not Aliens but Humans from an alternate dimension who have already used their resources up? Maybe UFO are advanced inter dimensional mining craft ie maybe they mine the solar system or under the sea?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

I would have to think that odds are, yes, they'd be more intelligent (traversing interstellar distances isn't something we've been able to do yet)...and yes, probably more benevolent... After all, if you can traverse the stars, then the main concern of civilization (obtaining enough resources) is a moot point.

There'd simply be no motivation for them to be hostile.

That said though, that's assuming they think like we do. By their very definition, there motives would be "alien" to us, and they may not have evolved with the same ideas we did. But, if many UFOlogists are correct, and they've been visiting us...then they've been doing so with a degree of secrecy, which, to us, seems as if whatever they are up to...we won't like it (and it definitely doesn't seem to be helping us).

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
I think it would be good because it would finally prove what a load of rubbish religion is.. No wait, they would then just be called Demons - Damn it!

Since God Satan Demons and Angels are NOT OF THIS Earth... wouldn't that make them true ET?

What we call Greys today would surely have been called Demons in the past...
What we call Pleiadians today would surely have been called Angels in the past...

A superior Alien with powers beyond our understanding in the past..
if he was benevolent, would be called a God
if he was malevolent, would be called a Devil

What we call a Glowing UFO today would be a Flaming Chariot
What we call a Flying Saucer today would be a Flying Shield
A Laser beam might be a Flaming Sword

You Sir are a genius,

That is exactly how I see it

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
What if its not Aliens but Humans from an alternate dimension who have already used their resources up? Maybe UFO are advanced inter dimensional mining craft ie maybe they mine the solar system or under the sea?

I wouldn't suggest letting yourself run with your own imagination.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
I don't think aliens using humans to mine resources here on Earth makes that much sense, as that doesn't seem to be happening. Not to mention humans make for a pretty terrible work force, I'm sure ETs could come up with much better workers than humans. No, whatever their motivations, using us to mine their resources doesn't seem to fit.

If you read the excerpt carefully, human beings themselves are part of the resources ET Intervention seeks. This fact, of course, will not be mentioned to those people who have already acquiesced and working in concert with the ET Intervention. If all you accept is what seems to be happening, rather than what is actually happening beyond our perception, then you will never know the true motives and objectives of the ET Intervention. You may believe that “humans make for a pretty terrible work force,” but you have no idea what a little genetic manipulation of ET Intervention can do to transform them into very efficient workers, like biological robots; which is what was done to the ET workers.

May I invite you to join in the discussion I opened, titled “ET Intervention - The Greatest Threshold the Humanity Will Ever Have to Face in its History.”

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
While I do believe in aliens I don't believe contact with them is always beneficial to the human race. The reason being is if we can talk to them then at this time that means they come to us. That means they are more advance than us. Darwin theory's hold true that survival is of the fittest and Aliens who are stronger than us that can use us for what ever resources they need is not a good bet for us in establishing relations with them. Because when the dung hits the fan we will lose what ever arguments we have with them based on their strength over us.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Reactor because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2012 by Reactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
of course it would be a good thing, i would be on the first ship off this planet, too much corruption on this world
edit on 10-2-2012 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not really considering there are people who choose to simply not accept the fact that life outside of our galaxy exists and it would interfere with their religious beliefs

They have been visiting us for quite some time I'm sure with great secrecy

Either way it would be a good thing regardless because this planet has too many problems as it is right now and we could use help lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join