It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think alien contact would necessarily be a good thing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Religion is only that which we have not yet learned, with enough time all can be made known to us.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
I think it would be good because it would finally prove what a load of rubbish religion is.. No wait, they would then just be called Demons - Damn it!

Maybe there are no Aliens might prove religion is all we have got, religion is not a load of rubbish, the more you look the more it points to other life in the universe but they are not the creatures you want to hear, they govern the heavens and sing out frequencies of creation on earth.
edit on 2-2-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

Fair enough, each to their own.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
Do you think alien contact or mass visitation on Earth would be a good thing. ...
Is this in fact an unrealized search for God while not wanting to accept that God exists?

Yes I think to both questions but the transition could be very painful as we integrate our societies perhaps not dissimilar to present day globalisation

If they are more advanced then hopefully they would have the good sense to engage first with academia and not the military

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Alien visitation to Earth would be the most disruptive, catastrophic thing to happen to the planet since the asteroid killed all the dinosaurs. Even if we're lucky enough to have the aliens be friendly and not eat us or enslave us, society as we know it would rapidly collapse into bloody anarchy, and all of our institutions and power structures would be torn apart.

Well there ya go
You have just described the reason we will never have disclosure

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
I think it would be good because it would finally prove what a load of rubbish religion is.. No wait, they would then just be called Demons - Damn it!

Since God Satan Demons and Angels are NOT OF THIS Earth... wouldn't that make them true ET?

What we call Greys today would surely have been called Demons in the past...
What we call Pleiadians today would surely have been called Angels in the past...

A superior Alien with powers beyond our understanding in the past..
if he was benevolent, would be called a God
if he was malevolent, would be called a Devil

What we call a Glowing UFO today would be a Flaming Chariot
What we call a Flying Saucer today would be a Flying Shield
A Laser beam might be a Flaming Sword

So if Aliens exist they would prove religion.
That is why the Vatican says its okay to believe in them and has plans to Baptize them

Pleiadian Priestess

edit on 2-2-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Alien visitation to Earth would be the most disruptive, catastrophic thing to happen to the planet since the asteroid killed all the dinosaurs. Even if we're lucky enough to have the aliens be friendly and not eat us or enslave us, society as we know it would rapidly collapse into bloody anarchy, and all of our institutions and power structures would be torn apart.

Of course, some people might consider that to be a "good" thing.

I wouldn't consider it a good thing, but a necessary one.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here's what I think. It will probably be bad. We have racisms issues, and problems helping the poor and uneducated already. We are not kind thoughtful people. We are all incredibly mean and selfish to one another. What makes you think we can get along with another species?! We struggle to get along with next door neighbors, family, relatives, co workers, and friends....

I have 4 -8 cyotes who just moved in the back feild behind my back yard, and it sounds like they had 5-7+ puppies. I want them to leave. After reading the internet I am worried they will want to eat my 2/ 15lb dogs, my children, or even me. I don't want anyone to die, I just want them to relocate really badly. The internet says this is a major difficult problem detering and removing cyotes. These are minor terrestial beasts! I don't think we can begin to imagine what problems something else would bring here to Earth. It would probably disrupt life as we know it, forever.
edit on 2-2-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Well ufo's have become increasingly common knowledge. I think there has to be more out there then just us. We are not even ants in the universe. Many scriptural teachings, book of Enoch, and even Nasa dubs the universe as a living organism. It's funny today, here I am in Africa, watching CNN, and the news report suddenly comes on about a mysterious light in the sky. I'm thinking whaaat, on CNN? Is this for real? Sure enough, the CNN meterologist says even he doesn't believe that this is a meteor as per what is the official response from the FAA. Here is the link if anyone hasn't yet seen it today? Disclosure of aliens? Possible, cause this sure doesn't look like a meteor caught on the police officer's dash cam. www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
Here's what I think. It will probably be bad. We have racisms issues, and problems helping the poor and uneducated already. We are not kind thoughtful people. We are all incredibly mean and selfish to one another. What makes you think we can get along with another species?! We struggle to get along with next door neighbors, family, relatives, co workers, and friends....

I have 10 -12 cyotes who just moved in the back feild behind my back yard, behind and it sounds like they had 5-7+ puppies. I want them to leave. After reading the internet I am worried they will want to eat my 2/ 15lb dogs, my children, or even me. I don't want anyone to die, I just want them to relocate really badly. The internet says this is a major difficult problem detering and removing cyotes. These are minor terrestial beasts! I don't think we can begin to imagine what problems something else would bring here to Earth. It would probably disrupt life as we know it, forever.

Because they can push us into being better people. For example the day the earth stood still example, where aliens come down and say "sorry your times up, time for you to die" and only then are we able to come together.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

50% of us are Better People. 50% disfunctional Evil People. Law of universal nature. Balance. I don't think it can be fixed, it just is always going to be that way. It's probably the same with Aliens. Not the best odds of something good happening...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
An easy explaination and to understand would be for you to put yourself in their shoes......or saucer....or whatever.

If you were of an Extra Terrestrial species, well a human but its just what these earthlings call you....unfortunately, to make you think of little green men or creepy aliens so that when the time comes tptb can scare the life out of you when all else fails in the quest for power and global domination by saying there is an imminent threat in order to get space based weapons in place. Sorry im babbling.

Put it this way, they will be well aware of what we are like and what we are capable of,. I wonder if the wars can be seen from space? Or perhaps the Gulf of mexico oil spill, or even the fukishima nuclear reactor catastrophe???? Yeah i very much think that they are well aware. I also believe that the technology that they may possess far exceeds ours, even having better cameras where they can clearly see the people suffering famine and illness globally, even the tent city in Haiti and the figures on the screens of those profiting from anothers misfortune and knowingly doing nothing about it.

Then we have the environment and everything else that shows what we are like...........not all of us however. I believe that ET's as you all call them are well aware of whats what here. I think that they will only intervene when totally necessary. However for those of you that have watched the film "The Day The Earth Stood Still".......nah im not saying anymore as i risk being called a fear monger but hey, we all need to pull our heads out of our arses and start sorting this out.
Id rather be standing in unity before him than just part of a handful that scraped by.

At the moment we are portraying the picture of the kids that wrecked the house while dad was out.....thing is, he's on his way home!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal

50% of us are Better People. 50% disfunctional Evil People. Law of universal nature. Balance. I don't think it can be fixed, it just is always going to be that way. It's probably the same with Aliens. Not the best odds of something good happening...

Ha, funny, that'd be nice, and predictable. But its not like that unfortunately. More like 99% are evil and only 1% are caring. Out of 7 billion people, only 70 million give a crap. Universe has balance, but not in the way your thinking of. The balance is in the opposites, matter, anti matter, yin and yang, life and cancer.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
it has already happened long ago. however to more accurately answer. for us now? Yes it would be good. If the right ones with the right intentions came. Assistance in removing Khazarian banking scum and new world order afiliates from power would be most appreciated.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

I think alien visitation would cause some excitement and craziness for a few days but then everybody would quickly go back to their normal lives. Religion has never made any sense, so alien contact wouldn't hurt religion. Life would go on the same as always, because life is mostly about taking care of necessities.

Probably the aliens are already here but they are so advanced that they aren't interested in being our friends and they aren't interested in enslaving us. They're probably studying Earth purely for curiosity.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
Do you think alien contact or mass visitation on Earth would be a good thing. Enthusiasts seem to unnamilously believe aliens would be much more intelligent than humans. They seem to believe they would be much more "evolved", and be able to straighten out our problems for us. Is this in fact an unrealized search for God while not wanting to accept that God exists? I have always been skeptical of the presumed intelligence and goodness of aliens, if they exist. I have a hard time verbalizing my own opinion, therefore I offer the rant in this link as a mirror of my thoughts.

The closest solar system to this one is four light years away. Any extraterrestrial beings that are able to travel from such distance and beyond would have to possess much more advanced technology than the human beings. Whether they are more “evolved” is another topic altogether. Would you call biological beings genetically manipulated for the purpose of carrying out their functions very efficiently, who cannot think on their own and have lost creativity, self-determination, and compassion, more evolved?

The ET Intervention is here to covertly conquer the world. So would it be prudent of us to ask them or allow them to “straighten out our problems for us?”

Advanced technology does not automatically imply advanced spirituality.

So, your skepticism about presumed intelligence and goodness of aliens reflects your sensibility.

edit on 3-2-2012 by ResistETIntervention because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Who says malevolent aliens would be a bad thing? Who says aliens being enemies would be a bad thing? People would finally get some real purpose in life beyond the daily ones..

In a way, that is true. As Ronald Reagan suggested in one of his speeches before the entire UN members, what else would induce the humanity to leave their own petty problems at individual and national level and unite itself, other than the (covert) invasion by aliens from outer space? If we can see that this is the greatest opportunity for the humanity to unite itself to preserve its freedom and self-determination that it could lose to the forces from outer space, then you are absolutely correct that “People would finally get some real purpose in life beyond the daily ones.”

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
of course it would be a good thing!

At the very minimum we can exploit them , like we do other humans

We could jack there ships and fly out to "earth-like" planets and study them , verify etc. Find a new earth , after were done raping this one!

Yes they would also answer many questions ! if we get ahold of one he would get detained and tortured untill he spills the secrets ! lol

We exploit everything that comes under the sun! Aliens would be no different . IF they knew better they would stay away from this cancer infested planet of humans.

p.s luv your username :p

I know you’re half-kidding. However, these ETs not only possess more advanced technology, but are also much stronger than the human beings in the mental environment which is the environment of thought where more concentrated minds exert mental influence and persuasion on weaker minds. They are capable of influencing and manipulating thoughts of those of us who are not aware that such things are possible. We will not be able to exploit them, but rather, they are here to exploit the humanity.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I think that, as with humans, there will be good and bad amongst them. They can't do much worse to us than we already do to ourselves.

That is true. There are, indeed, self-serving aliens as well as benevolent aliens in the Greater Community of Worlds. Indeed.

In fact, a small group of physical beings from the Greater Community who called themselves the Allies of Humanity came and were hidden in the vicinity of our world in our Solar System. Their mission was to observe, report, and advise us on the activities of the alien “visitors” and ET Intervention, the alien visitors’ presence, purpose, and activities in the world today. The Allies of Humanity represent the Wise in many worlds.

And then there are the “visitors” that compose of several other alien races from the Greater Community “visiting” our world without our permission who are actively interfering in human affairs. The “visitors” are involved in a long process of integrating themselves into the fabric and soul of human life for the purpose of gaining control of the worlds’ resources and people.

The Allies of Humanity has left our solar system after alerting the humanity through their briefings, counseled us on how to prepare for the future. This leaves it completely unambiguous to the human beings who cannot discern our true allies from our adversaries posing as benevolent and here to help the humanity.

That means, the only aliens the humanity will encounter are our adversaries here to conquer the world covertly, regardless of how they present themselves to us: spiritual, benevolent, friendly, or otherwise.

Regarding your statement “they can’t do much worse to us than we already do to ourselves”…… they can do much worse to us than anything that we do to ourselves. We still have and value freedom. The ETs don’t and do not value freedom. We still feel compassion and love. The ETs cannot. We still have and value creativity. The ETs do not. We are not yet biologically and genetically manipulated to conform to certain agenda, follow orders, and function according to those above us in the ladder of hierarchy. The ETs are.

Should the ET Intervention succeed conquering this world, the humanity will be bred to lose freedom, self-determination, creativity, and any emotions that the ETs don’t value or find chaotic, and to function very efficiently conforming to their agendas and following their orders.

Yes, they can do much worse to us than what we could conceive of, if the humanity doesn’t become alerted about the ET Intervention and get educated about the reality of life in the universe.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't know , but I don't want to pay taxes or share my social welfare ,with some stranded ship with two billion aliens on it thats for sure...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Damn right man..I'd be for putting them in their own district if you ask me, kinda wall em off from the rest of us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join