It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think alien contact would necessarily be a good thing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Do you think alien contact or mass visitation on Earth would be a good thing. Enthusiasts seem to unnamilously believe aliens would be much more intelligent than humans. They seem to believe they would be much more "evolved", and be able to straighten out our problems for us. Is this in fact an unrealized search for God while not wanting to accept that God exists? I have always been skeptical of the presumed intelligence and goodness of aliens, if they exist. I have a hard time verbalizing my own opinion, therefore I offer the rant in this link as a mirror of my thoughts.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-2-2012 by yamammasamonkey because: Link

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Who says malevolent aliens would be a bad thing? Who says aliens being enemies would be a bad thing? People would finally get some real purpose in life beyond the daily ones..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Alien visitation to Earth would be the most disruptive, catastrophic thing to happen to the planet since the asteroid killed all the dinosaurs. Even if we're lucky enough to have the aliens be friendly and not eat us or enslave us, society as we know it would rapidly collapse into bloody anarchy, and all of our institutions and power structures would be torn apart.

Of course, some people might consider that to be a "good" thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
of course it would be a good thing!

At the very minimum we can exploit them , like we do other humans

We could jack there ships and fly out to "earth-like" planets and study them , verify etc. Find a new earth , after were done raping this one!

Yes they would also answer many questions ! if we get ahold of one he would get detained and tortured untill he spills the secrets ! lol

We exploit everything that comes under the sun! Aliens would be no different . IF they knew better they would stay away from this cancer infested planet of humans.

p.s luv your username :p

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think that, as with humans, there will be good and bad amongst them. They can't do much worse to us than we already do to ourselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Not heard of any nice alien abduction stories, what do they do, prod us, implant things, give people nightmares, impregnate woman and take their babies and leave people with scares and mental problems.

Not sure they are nice, why don't they cure people if they are that advanced seem more trouble than good.

edit on 2-2-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I think we'd take it a little bit better then that..just look at the myriad of weird crap we're bombarded with everyday, if you keep tabs on the MSM that is. I find it hard to believe Aliens would freak us out that bad anymore, maybe in in 1935 it would've happened that way but now I think people would be half way expecting something like that to happen.

At least in the West this can be said..the Middle East would probably be the ones setting everything on fire when/if Aliens ever landed.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Very good point, perhaps that is the reason they havn't arrived in mass...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think it would be good because it would finally prove what a load of rubbish religion is.. No wait, they would then just be called Demons - Damn it!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
They seem to believe they would be much more "evolved", and be able to straighten out our problems for us

Well, chances are if they got here from many many light years away then they would probably be smarter than us (or at least have more experiences) and have most likely been around longer and more evolved to work out the problems of space travel. But, just because they are smarter or more evolved does NOT mean they are nice and want to help everyone.

Originally posted by baalbuster
the Middle East would probably be the ones setting everything on fire when/if Aliens ever landed.

Hell, they strap bombs to themselves and set things ablaze now and thats without aliens.

Dorian Soran, the good doctor!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I tend to think if there were "evil' aliens hell-bent on conquering our planet and stealing our resources, they would have already.

Like science fiction has done in the past, it will predict the future. In that regard I think the universe will end up being close to how it is depicted in Star Trek, with numerous civilizations, some friendly, some not. i also believe that they will not "reveal" themselves to us until we, as a planet, get our collective s#!t together.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
When ever I think about that subject, all I can think aabout is that old twilight zone episode "To Serve Man". It's a cookbook!
No but seriously. It depends on what they want, really and if TPTB are willing to play ball

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

and what sucks even more is hardly anyone views us gathering as one species as a good thing atm...we need a paradigm shift in our thinking and it'll take near damnation for some of us to think of each other as "one".

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

yeah because, you know, New World Order and all. facepalm...I get some of those arguments, but we as a species won't get anywhere until we realize color, an imaginary line on a map and which god you worship really don't mean a thing. Which, IMO, is exactly why ET hasn't landed yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

@Do you think alien contact would necessarily be a good thing?

I think it depends on the mature level of the universal energies of interest who would visit. If they ar enot matured from their experiences within this lil universe they may be illogical if they have spent enough times or cycles JUST LIKE HUMANS HAVE BEEN IN VARIOUS LIFE AND DEATH CYCLES OF THE HUMAN ENERGY THEN THEY MAY BEHAVE LOGICAL AND SEE HUMANS AS PART OF THEIR UNIVERSAL FAMILY JUST THE YOUNGINZ OF THE UNIVERSAL FAMILY then they may come to help out.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think that we have been contacted from the beginning of humanity by aliens, because they seeded us on Earth! What we perceive as angels and demons are interdimensional beings, and what we perceive as frightening alien abductions are the "worker bee" synthetic grey's that are monitoring humanity's development. Ever wonder why UFO sightings went through the roof once we got our hands on nuclear technology? This is a free will planet that cannot be interfered with unless we are on the verge of blowing the Earth up, which could be the whole 2012 scenario that everyone is speculating about. But......what do I know!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
IF they knew better they would stay away from this cancer infested planet of humans.

If they got here would be enough proof that they do know better. Don't worry about the poor intergalactic space travelers, humans would be powerless to prevent them from doing what they damn well please. That's pretty much proof earth has not been visited by any extraterrestrial intelligent life form interested in taking what they want.

If we are the product of what they want then what difference would a return visit initiate?

One thing for sure, if earth is ever visited, these ridiculous thread would cease, all of the fringe websites would have no more purpose, farmers in England wouldn't have to worry about harvesting around math geek pranks, conspiracies of everything including schoolbooks, the color of red, moon landing hoax beliefs, would lose arguing points, then maybe more people would spend more of their free time doing something constructive.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

Couldn't have said it any better myself

The NWO stuff is a great way to keep us in our little tribes (countries) which makes me ever the more wary of it, as of late.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Why would all that stuff happen if Aliens came to Earth? Do you really think humanity is that petty that they couldn't function if they knew that there was live from outside of our planet? I mean sure there would be a lot of bible thumping christians who might keel over out of shock that the bible was wrong, but aside from that I don't think civilization would crash down.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
I think it would be good because it would finally prove what a load of rubbish religion is.. No wait, they would then just be called Demons - Damn it!

Maybe there are no Aliens might prove religion is all we have got, religion is not a load of rubbish, the more you look the more it points to other life in the universe but they are not the creatures you want to hear, they govern the heavens and sing out frequencies of creation on earth.
edit on 2-2-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join