It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pulled over by 6 squad cars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I was taking a right by the local shell station, ahead of me on left is a grocery store where 6 cops were parked. the one on the end closest to mine, shined his light on my windshield blidning me and the passenger. We thought "wat bunch of immature cops" and took the right we were planning on taking. I look in my rear mirror and the 6 cop cars all got there lights on and pull me over just as I pull into my destination. One officer comes to car and ask for everything, i then asked him why he pulled me over and he said a burnt license plate light. Which is bull, because they decided to pull me over long before they saw the rear of my vehicle. The cops ask us standard questions and everything good until he ask me if he can search my truck for narcotics. I tell him he''ll need a warrant for that and then you know how to make things go. The officer talking to is the k-9 unit and he asks me if he can use the dog. I say sure, i knew this was coming i could here the dog barking in the back of his car the whole time. The dog gets out and starts pulling the officer down the road bc it hears another dog. I'm getting this on my iphone to make sure he gets everything right. He's sort of embarrassed ( two above avergae female friends were with me, needless to say he was being extra tough on me)he can't control his dog and says he's gonna let us go. later that night im riding home down the highway i see the same cop gettin pulled down a different road by his dog. He sees me and runs back to his car. I got nervous, thought "is he gonna pull me over again?". and then jetted out of town prolly going 70 in a 45 til i'm out of city limits. Earlier that day the same cop pulled my buddy who was walking home aside, put him in handcuffs, and searched him, then let him go. I think my cops r just bored though. Not enough crime, gotta make some

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
sounds more like fishing for revenue to me, either way it's wrong and seems out of hand at this point.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sounds like this cop is going to have some manners taught to him one dark night as he's sitting outside the donut shop.

Reminds me of an incident many years ago my dad told me about - true story. This townie cop used to harass all the truckers going through his podunk burg. He'd pull them over, write them up for huge fines - whatever he could get them for. Trucks always have a violation or two going on as overly regulated as they are.

So one day these two truckers had enough of this a-hole costing them a couple hundred every time they had a run through this town, so they rolled into town one day. The first truck lured him out of his hiding spot, then the second trucker pulled up behind them both - two trucks, cop in the middle. Then the lead trucker slammed on his brakes, and the second trucker didn't even touch his. Problem solved. Cop was following too close, a dog ran into the street.. what can ya do?

I'm not saying this is right, but when this kind of thing happens unchecked and nobody in a position of authority does anything about it, people sometimes take matters into their own hands.

edit on 2-2-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Sounds like this cop is going to have some manners taught to him one dark night as he's sitting outside the donut shop.

not with half a dozen of his buddies behind him at every stop

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Police will bully you thinking you walked over the border last night and do not know your rights. Insist on your rights and try to have somebody else filming it. Keep asking the officers "Am I free to go now."

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sounds like a typical drug bust, atleast where im from. Ive seen this happen a few times, usually someone gets arrested and rats some names then the police keep an eye on you. Once they think they know your drug route they try a sting like this so they can get you with trafficking drugs... Maybe someone you know or someone who knows your name got arrested and started snitching to get a lesser sentence?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sounds like he was just hoping to God you did something/have something wrong on you. Had cops my way do this to me three or four times over the years and they never had a legitimate reason. I found when I'm respectful yet unyielding is when I get the best results from them..don't wanna give em any excuse to mess with ya but you can't be bullied either.

I think you did the right thing man, especially with the camera

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Sounds like a typical drug bust, atleast where im from. Ive seen this happen a few times, usually someone gets arrested and rats some names then the police keep an eye on you. Once they think they know your drug route they try a sting like this so they can get you with trafficking drugs... Maybe someone you know or someone who knows your name got arrested and started snitching to get a lesser sentence?

no doubt they were looking for drugs. but what you're saying is a stretch. These cops were just waiting there. If any other car passedright there when i did that car would of gotten pulled over. This is 12 am, no light, except the one the blinded me with

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I agree. I think we should all carry some means to video a traffic stop or what ever and let them know we are on to them and will keep them honest and within their boundaries! If you can't beat BIG BROTHER, join him.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster
Sounds like he was just hoping to God you did something/have something wrong on you. Had cops my way do this to me three or four times over the years and they never had a legitimate reason. I found when I'm respectful yet unyielding is when I get the best results from them..don't wanna give em any excuse to mess with ya but you can't be bullied either.

I think you did the right thing man, especially with the camera

well to be honest my phone died right when i turned the camera on LOL. I kept acting like nothing had happened though. and i always act the same way. just slightly pushing back at all times. especially since im probably one of the few guys this cop pulls over who rivals him in size. i hear stories about him instilling fear into helpless 15 year olds

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

lol nice...we need some big boys on our side.

I've taught several of the cops around here hand to hand due to my MMA training so a few of em know me enough to leave me alone...most of the time

You make me wanna get a camera now though, thats our real weapon right there.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We are being videoed all the the time to be kept inline so obviously we must have the same right to keep TPTB in line the same way unless of course it's a matter of "NATIONAL SECURITY"!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Reply to post by biggmoneyme

Your probably right. Where I live 6 cop cars is nearly half the police force and a tell tale sign of a drug bust. This stuff still happens here but usually its just a few cops randomly searching people. Had It happen to me before and I ask "are you looking for weed?" He replyed "you know your neighborhood has the best." The cops around here have been proven to be corrupt.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's a thought. What if we could skirt the rights of locale law enforcement, NSA etc. when they want to search us or our property with, "It's a matter of national security"! lol

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sorry about the double post, cable went out just as I hit reply button.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

There is a car alarm company that makes self-contained, interior-mounted DVR cameras just for situations like this.
The unit records video to an SD card and has the same resolution as the dash-mounted cameras that cops use.

The DVR can be mounted in a discrete location inside the vehicle and has no LEDs or other lights that will draw attention to it so the cop will never know he's being recorded. The company is called Crimestopper.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into it! You don't by chance know the name of the manufacturer do you?
edit on 2-2-2012 by ajay59 because: mentally challenged

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
hahaha i just looked and i don't have a burnt license plate light

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yep! Real smart move, excessively speeding away from a cop that MAY be following you. Do you know you can't outrun the radio and probably none of their cars or dog?.

If you wannt tempt them, they WILL take you up on the challenge. You won't win.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Yep! Real smart move, excessively speeding away from a cop that MAY be following you. Do you know you can't outrun the radio and probably none of their cars or dog?.

If you wannt tempt them, they WILL take you up on the challenge. You won't win.

it was a smart move. bc im 90% sure he was gonna pull me over again. i got out of there and looks no trouble. TY

top topics

<<   2 >>

join