It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANOTHER Strange sound , Amarillo, TX...1-1-2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hey everyone, I thought I'd leave this here as I've been seeing the strange noise videos all over ATS.
i was a skeptic at first until I was woken by them last night.
then, I turn on the radio this morning to hear the DJ telling everyone about the noises and that they recorded it.

so heres the video

Let me know what you think, I'm really starting to have my doubts as to the origins of this sound being something naturally occurring on earth.

they put a sense of fear into my mind that im still not able to shake off..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

Its fake..just listen to the way they talk...they sound like little kids making some stupid stuff...
sorry 4 my englisch..iam a Kraut..

who knows, who knows...
edit on 2-2-2012 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
An attempted advert for the radio station? The guy enters the room and the camera pans up slightly to capture a nice little shot of the radio station logo and he just happened to get in there as the DJ calls out the station name and radio frequency...

Thats pretty sad, its obvious viral marketing playing off the fact a few people reported hearing a sound in the sky that night.

edit on 2-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

no?

I heard this from my house which is 30 or so blocks away from the radio station...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I found the website from "Kiss FM"
here you go with the article
kissfm969.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

thanks for posting this.
I had no idea they had posted the story on their site either...
i'm hoping this will be on the local news tonight.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
I found the website from "Kiss FM"
here you go with the article
kissfm969.com...

There's a lot of people in the comments section below saying they, or someone they know, heard the "exact same sound", and they seem like regular people who haven't been following these videos.

The video itself seems like poor acting and audio dubbing.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That sound is so odd! man I miss Texas, KissFM brings back memories.....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Great video, thanks for posting!

Not a fake, lots of folks heard it!

AMARILLO, TEXAS -- Did you hear it? Many Panhandle residents are reporting that they heard a loud "bang" followed by a "roaring noise" last night around 10.

What may have sounded like something extremely strange was likely a meteor. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, a meteor may have been seen throughout parts of Oklahoma and Texas. The FAA received several reports from people who said they saw the bright, streaking light.

Storm Search 7 Chief Meteorologist Steve Kersh said the noise was caused by the meteorite burning up while entering the Earth's atmosphere over Central Texas and into Central Oklahoma
www.connectamarillo.com...

edit on 2-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I'm sure the video is from a cellphone that may be the bad sound quality you hear, and the sound gets louder when exiting the car, when going in the building it got softer.
I know the sound was there because there were 2 or 3 of my neighbors outside looking around.
I don't own a video camera or I would have gone out there as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Did it sound like this?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That sound on the video is nothing like the sound described in your post.

There may have been a meteorite that night that people heard but the video in the OP is just an attempt at a bit of viral marketing for the radio station.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I said it "seems" fake, and it can be duplicated once uploaded to a computer and run through any editor program. The volume can be adjusted, start & stopped, down to the millisecond.

It's the eye witnesses that I'm interested in listening to. They seem legit to me.

If the official explanation really is "a meteorite", then red flags should be popping up in everyone's minds. It's the exact same Reapers kind of sound all over youtube, how is this one a meteorite and the others not?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

There may have been a meteorite that night that people heard but the video in the OP is just an attempt at a bit of viral marketing for the radio station.

How do you know for a fact that its a viral marketing attempt?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

People here seem to have a hard time with change, and things that might challenge their beliefs.
I want to ask the meteorologist Dave Oliver (from another station) what his opinions are on the matter, however I fear he may say the same thing, in fear of who knows what.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Bright lights streaking through the sky also reported.
It doesnt get much better than that, streaking meteors, and eerie sounds.

The Federal Aviation Administration says a bright, streaking light seen in the skies over parts of Oklahoma and Texas likely was a meteor.

FAA spokesman Lynn Lunsford said late Wednesday the agency had received reports from people who saw the object about 8 p.m. as far north as Oklahoma City and as far south as Houston.

Lunsford said FAA officials knew it wasn't an airplane people were seeing, and a meteor was the likely

www.chron.com...

I could see where some people would call that a roaring noise, for lack of a better thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I wonder when they will realize they cannot cover it up anymore.
and I never once saw a meteor the whole time I heard the noise.
I think i would have noticed one, I'm an avid skywatcher.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

There are always going to be die hard skeptics...

Found several videos of that here ya go:

www.wfaa.com...

Dash cam video here:

www.khou.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I dont doubt there was a sound heard in the sky that night at either 10pm (as stated in your first post) or maybe even as early as 8pm (as stated in your second post) that might have been a meteorite. But as you can see from this screen shot the video was recored at 11:50.

The audio of the strange sound has been lifted directly from this video Strange sounds in the Ukraine.

This video is an obvious viral marketing attempt.

edit on 2-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It may not be the "same" sound, however from What we know already about the sounds
those guys recorded....they are electromagnetic sounds we "ordinarily" dont hear,
and are related to atmospheric conditions...
so while the noise may not be the "same" I see the events related.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join