It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Holders of US Government Debt (STARTLING NEWS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I found this article and had to share it. If it is in the wrong forum please move it to the right one. Thank you.

1. Federal Reserve and Intragovernmental Holdings

U.S. debt holdings: $6.328 trillion That’s right, the biggest single holder of U.S. government debt is the Federal Reserve system. The Fed's system of banks and other U.S. intragovernmental holdings accounted for a stunning $6.328 trillion in U.S. Treasury debt in Spetember 2011 (the most recent number available). The amount is an all-time high as the Federal Reserve continues to expand its balance sheet, partially to purchase U.S. government debt securities. About a decade ago, the total government holdings were "only" $2.5 trillion.

If anyone knows how the Federal Reserve works then they would understand how unbelievable this actually is. They are not in any way shape or form "Federal" meaning its not owned by the government. Its privately owned by a hand full of trillionaires. They were formed to make our economy more stable and grow over the years. But what has happened is completely different. Now our economy is ran by them, the interest rates are controlled and manipulated by them at will for their own benefit, they even have the banks in their pocket through controlling the interest rates and controlling which bank gets what loan at what cost if the bank is in needed of money.

The Federal Reserve is by far our biggest threat to our economy. How can we owe someone over 6 trillion dollars that was supposed to be there to make our economy better and help us prosper. The Federal Reserve as far as I am concerned has 2 options, to make things fair.

Eliminate all debt that the USA owes to the FED as well as rewrite how the FED is able to do business.

OR

Eliminate the FED completely (ALONG WITH OUR DEBT) because we were better off without them when they did not exist.

2. China

U.S. debt holdings: $1.132 trillion The largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasury securities, China currently has $1.132 trillion in American debt, although it is down from all time highs of $1.173 trillion in July 2011.

My guess was China or Japan to begin with,(holding most of the US debt) but they are around 1 trillion each.

3. Other Investors/Savings Bonds

U.S. debt holdings $1.107 trillion With the most recent numbers from June 2011, this extremely diverse group includes individuals, government-sponsored enterprises, brokers and dealers, bank personal trusts, estates, savings bonds, corporate and noncorporate businesses for a total of $1.107 trillion. Although the level of debt held in U.S. savings bonds has remained basically constant since 2000, the broad category of "other" investors has nearly quadrupled since reaching a four-year low in December 2007.

Full Article Here
finance.yahoo.com...

[snipped request]

A million dollars makes you rich...
A billion dollars makes you wealthy...
A trillion dollars makes you greedy...
edit on Thu Feb 2 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I thought this thread was going to state something everyone didn't know.

I think most people on ATS are aware of the debt to the Federal Reserve already.
edit on 2-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Really, All of the debt of all of the 'globalized' nations are all owned by the same people. The federal reserve is just part of the whole scheme, then we have the World Bank, and the IMF and BIS. Two of the most ridiculous things in the world in my opinion, anyways,

All the central banks are ran and owned by the same people, so technically the Fed has 6tril in US debt publicly, then the 'banking industry' has the rest of it. It all essentially comes from the same place. Which is the messed up part.

26 trillion dollars lent out that the taxpayers have to pay for, (thats just what we see, there are trillions of dollars in the world 'unaccounted for')

Financial Tyranny: Defeating the greatest cover up of all time

This link above is a very good link, yes it is done by David wilcock, but that is irrelevant when it comes to this topic, the article is very well formulated and with links and sources all over the place, there is all the information you need to know. It is one of the greatest compilations of information i have seen in one place, and rather than looking in 200 different places for the same info, its all in one place. Take a look, its worth the read.

edit on 2/2/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'd like to know where OP got this from that spelled "September" wrong...

Reason being, most 'official' sources know how to spell.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Fed has to buy the Debt. Other countries know the Debt is garbage.

Countries like China are Sellers of US debt.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Official or not, it's still accurate.. though I'm not sure it's startling news.. it's not news at all actually unless you've been living under a rock for the last decade or more

The Saudi's also hold a large steak in our economy

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by Starchild23

Official or not, it's still accurate.. though I'm not sure it's startling news.. it's not news at all actually unless you've been living under a rock for the last decade or more

The Saudi's also hold a large steak in our economy

Yeah I feel you all, This is not new news to me but I figured some people may not know. I guess all of ATS members are up on their info. That is great news. If everyone was like us...informed... everything would be so much better.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

China is going to implode on itself.. it's bubble is nearly ready to burst.. They artificially inflated their economy by building numerous mega cities ... this provided jobs and kept the money circulating.. but it was a bad bad gamble.. they hoped it would cause a surge in people moving to the country to fill these cities .. which simply did not happen.. the result is that now China has MANY ghost cities that are moden, beautiful .. but vacant .. they aren't getting any return on their extreme investments..
edit on 2/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

it's not news at all actually unless you've been living under a rock for the last decade or more

You'd be surprised at how many people don't understand this. I tried educating my husband on this back about a year ago but he brushed me away like I didn't know what I was talking about. About 3 months ago, he read an article somewhere that lead him to more research and he came to me and said, "Hey, did you know about how the Federal Reserve works? It's crazy! Why are we allowing this to happen?" I'd like to have slapped him. He's a smart guy but he's one to take all his worldly information and news off of MSNBC and the likes.

edit on 2-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
reply to post by miniatus

it's not news at all actually unless you've been living under a rock for the last decade or more

You'd be surprised at how many people don't understand this. I tried educating my husband on this back about a year ago but he brushed me away like I didn't know what I was talking about. About 3 months ago, he read an article somewhere that lead him to more research and he came to me and said, "Hey, did you know about how the Federal Reserve works? It's crazy! Why are we allowing this to happen?" I'd like to have slapped him. He's a smart guy but he's one to take all his worldly information and news off of MSNBC and the likes.

edit on 2-2-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

Not knowing how the fed works should be immediate grounds for divorce! .. jk ..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

China is going to implode on itself.. it's bubble is nearly ready to burst.. They artificially inflated there economy by building numerous mega cities ... this provided jobs and kept the money circulating.. but it was a bad bad gamble.. they hoped it would cause a surge in people moving to the country to fill these cities .. which simply did not happen.. the result is that now China has MANY ghost cities that are moden, beautiful .. but vacant .. they aren't getting any return on their extreme investments..

Yeah an article I read recently made a direct correlation between skyscrapers being built in a country on a big scale (such as China building 142 skyscrapers currently, meaning each one is at least 792 feet tall to reach skyscraper status) and the country soon after going broke and bankrupt. China is next in line.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I posted these figures less than a week ago on here... With a much better source and info...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For anyone asking for a better source for the numbers...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkB4uSpeak

Alot of people already knew this...because when america needs money they get a loan from the federal reserve or china then interests builds up. So we owe more than we borrowed basically.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe the whole situation can simply be remedied by the people as a united group, refusing to recognize debt>>>>money is just figures on paper anyways....
Debt is an artificial construct of the bankers to control the people...
If you were allowed to lend up to ten times the amount of cash you had....simply by writing the debt down on paper, and then collecting interest on the money you loaned out, but didnt have in the first place.
youd be rich too.....
If the money was ficticious in the first place (no actual dollars to show for the figures presented...and this is so)
Then the debt could not have been real in the first place....
The entire economic system is set up to benefit just one tiny percentage of the people.....
The power rests in the masses ...if they refuse to recognise the debt it is in effect cancelled i believe....there is only a contract when there is no fraud involved on either part....
Id say the lenders have broken the contract in many ways ....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If the judges did for the people what Greece did for their people then we'd have gotten rid of the debt

wheres a good judge when you need one????

link   
How will they collect on the debt?

The US is the collection agency for the Federal Reserve Banking families, the entire burden has been placed on the US military etc. after Russia bowed out of the collection business. So who is going to enforce collection?

link   

Originally posted by stirling
Maybe the whole situation can simply be remedied by the people as a united group, refusing to recognize debt>>>>money is just figures on paper anyways....
Debt is an artificial construct of the bankers to control the people...
If you were allowed to lend up to ten times the amount of cash you had....simply by writing the debt down on paper, and then collecting interest on the money you loaned out, but didnt have in the first place.
youd be rich too.....
If the money was ficticious in the first place (no actual dollars to show for the figures presented...and this is so)
Then the debt could not have been real in the first place....
The entire economic system is set up to benefit just one tiny percentage of the people.....
The power rests in the masses ...if they refuse to recognise the debt it is in effect cancelled i believe....there is only a contract when there is no fraud involved on either part....
Id say the lenders have broken the contract in many ways ....

Agreed! The people one day will hopefully wake up and take back whats rightfully ours.

new topics

top topics

join