It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instant FOG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This scenario and picture wouldn't warrant an ATS thread on it's own but with all the strange events happening around our world lately I want to open a discussion and exploration into this possibility.

About half hour ago I walked outside to bring the garbage to the curb. It was a beautiful morning with wisps of pink and some distant bright orange contrails. I could see the mountains clearly in both directions meaning at least 15 miles visibility in both directions. Basically not a cloud in the sky.

Then... I'm guessing 15 minutes later we have THIS!

Due to many previous experiences I've recognized some people on ATS like to point out rather rudely that "this is NORMAL!". Yes, I agree it could be normal.... it is extremely unusual for there to be fog where I live and I've never in my life seen it come in so quickly like this. It is not normal for the area. The reason for the thread is to see if other people have heard of rapidly-created fog happening more frequently or in unusual places.

Have you seen or heard about Instant fog?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This reminds me of a Stephen King movie i watched once..... DO NOT GO OUTSIDE

Seriously though, I can't help with the fog situation, where i used to live we'd get a heavy fog maybe 10 times each year, some years it would be ridiculously heavy and others almost not there at all.

But some one will give you answers, i'm sure, this place is full of experts.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

That's a really cool story!

Fog can form quickly when conditions change even slightly. Often times this happens near water, but can happen anywhere the dew point and temperature quickly meet each other. Typically in the morning the air is dense and the humidity is often very high, hence dew on vehicles and grass. If a temperature differential develops and moves through your observation point, like your house, fog can develop really quickly. It's not uncommon, and it's not really unusual either. It really depends on where you are and the current conditions*. It's not incredibly common here either but, I've gone from class to my room and then back outside at night and within the same 15 - 30 minute window visibility was completely down to near a quarter mile.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Mapkar because: added *

edit on 2-2-2012 by Mapkar because: I cannot type correctly or notice my errors today.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
How close are you to any body of water? Doesn't have to be the ocean. A river will do it too. Like the above poster stated, it is about moisture in the air and temp.

SO..if you really want to get into it, look up what your current stats are. Find the nearest weather station and check out the numbers. it should also show a running record, so you can see if there was a sudden change in pressure, temp or moisture.

But ya...reminds of the movie the mist. Be on the lookout for flying creatures...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm about 10 miles from the San Francisco Bay, in the South Bay area.

By the way it's now 100% visibility again
all the way to the mountains and not a cloud in the sky. Guess Mother Nature's flash mob is over, back to business as usual.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
oh ya... and there was NOTHING in the Mist!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Well that's good, that movie sucked by the way. Especially the ending! D:

top topics

join