It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Its cool to be negative, its uncool to be positive) Are negative people jealous of positive people?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You know what i am talking about...
Negative people hate the positive, they say:
oh its so unfair, i am miserable, why should they be happy, i don't like existence, how can they like it?
If i cant be happy, they cant neither.
This world is bad, positive people like it, so they must be bad too.
Positive people are liars, they are posers, they don't like it here too, but they want to show themselves in better conditions than others, so they pretend to be alright, they just want to better than others, so they fake love, they hate it as much as i do, but at least i am sincere.
Positive people are stupid, they are dumb, this world is so unfair, they cant see it, they are blind.
They are afraid of the truth, they are cowards, come on, why don't they face it?
They like the system that enslaves us, they are so blind... bla bla bla bla bla

This is just insane! The tyranny of the negative!

We all want to feel good, so if you are negative and you proudly say this world is bad and the logical choice is being negative, you are irrational. To feel bad is dumb, its unintelligent.

Intelligence is supposed to make us more happy so if you cant do it, you are not being intelligent enough.

Stop attacking people that feel good, people that spread positive messages, most of them just want to help.
Most of these people have an history of deep negativity, which they used to learn how to be positive, most of this people have suffered a lot and they understand negativity, that's why they care about others, that's why they care to spread messages trying to help other people get out of it.

Life is full of mysteries, that's the rules of this game we are playing, we are supposed to start in ignorance. The game is to get out of ignorance, get out of darkness, and find the light, start in suffering and achieve peace and happiness, we start by being controlled by the world and end up in control of our emotions, in control of our energy, in control of our happiness and then we start helping others do it too, but this is another thread.

Be well!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

In my experience, there are no truly "positive people". Everyone is negative, it's just there are a few people (like me) who try to be positive in the face of anything.

It doesn't always work, though...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So if I'm poor because I got laid off so some fatcat tycoon could make a few extra bucks in his bonus check, then it's because I'm jealous?

If I see the world around me is falling apart at the seams, then I'm unintelligent?

Your proposition doesn't really make much sense, and it just sounds like some poor philosophical meanderings to label people who speak out against injustices or see the writing on the wall in this world as jealous, petty, and stupid.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is a question both Science and Philosophy can come together and agree on (possibly)

Happiness

The English Longitudinal Study of Ageing tried to get more specific. It has followed more than 11,000 people age 50 and older since 2002. In 2004, about 4700 of them collected saliva samples four times in one day and, at those same times, rated how happy, excited, content, worried, anxious, and fearful they felt. The saliva samples are still awaiting analysis for stress hormones, but Steptoe and his UCL colleague Jane Wardle publish findings today on the links between mood and mortality in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences .

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

What I don't understand is how people who choose to be "positive" are judged as ignorant, oblivious, deluded, and so on?

So, just because I choose to take the rotting apples of life and make them into apple cider, I'm automatically out of touch with reality?

Most of my life, I was steeped in negativity by the environment I was born into, so I learned to be stuck in negativity by my mind. That carried forward with me even when my environment became a positive environment.

I could not be consistently happy or positive in my happy and positive life because I did not know how to be.

I am actively taking steps to turn my mind around, so that I can see things positively. Not because I just do, but because I want to. I am tired of being negative. I am tired of frowning all the time. I am tired of wasting time worrying about petty stuff in my life that is, in the long term, absolutely unimportant.

My life was never perfect.
I choose to look backward and appreciate what I learned from those experiences.

My life is not perfect.
I choose to look at my life now and appreciate what I have accomplished.

My life will never be perfect.
I choose to look at my future and believe it will better because I want it to be better.
edit on 2/2/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's because most negative and depresse people are highly irritable and agitated. When I think of someone who is "positive" I generally think of someone who is "cheery!" and doesn't really care about much. Surely, that is true for some people, but I know what you are thinking "I'm not the positive type who is like that." I know, I know.

However, usually a depressed person wants affection and sympathy even if they think they don't or deny it. When someone is not giving a crap about sorrows, the depressed person generally would think "How can you be so insensitive towards me? Care about my very real problems!"

Plus, they most likely want people to be as miserable as them. "It's not fair that I have to suffer so much and this crazy lady is bouncing around with happiness all nimbly-bimbly like."

At least that's what I assume.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Life is too short for negativity. I'm not saying I'm never negative about anything, but ultimately, I choose to enjoy life. Simple, really.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Negatively based people are destructive whether it's inward, outward or both.

Analogy, you have two people one happy person and one negative person, both are building a stand-castle on the beach. The negative person has lots of tools to build his, but the positive person only has his hands.

The negative person sees how much pleasure the positive person has gotten from building a small, awkward looking sand castle, as opposed to his mammoth creation with tools.

The negative person so enraged runs over and smashes the positive persons castle. The positive person is confused by the reaction of the negative person, but shrugs it off and immediately starts building another one.

What's the moral of the story here?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I would like to respond to the OP by offering this video. It's about 10 mins in length and is also more than a little entertaining...

It's called 'Smile or Die'

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it."
- George Bernard Shaw

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Great thread OP.
The problem is really fairly simple. Once people realize that their perception shapes their reality, they do a quick 180 on negativity.

Unfortunately people are so stuck inside their microchasm that they 'cant see the forest from the trees", so to speak.

I find myself quoting Tyler Durden: "you are not your job. Your are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the contents of your wallet. You are not your FU*#ING khakis."

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Because negativity is looked at as a more "down to earth" type of thinking and with the times we live in its easy to see how people could be like this. Its great to have a positive attitude but sometimes it can spiral out of control just as bad as negativity.

IMO to avoid being negative but also keep grounded in reality one must always hope for the best but prepare for the worst..in this way you're never deeply disappointed.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
OP ... you must have a full stomach, a warm place to sleep, and great health. The majority of this planet is suffering .. horribly .... and in so many ways you can't even imagine. For you to belittle the suffering of billions of people is cruel and it's myopic. I guess all those suffering should just shut up and suck it up ... and all those who can see what is evil in the world should just turn a blind eye and not expose it ... afterall, they shouldn't intrude upon your 'reality' of rainbows and unicorns ... right?

Originally posted by Manula
We all want to feel good, so if you are negative and you proudly say this world is bad and the logical choice is being negative, you are irrational. To feel bad is dumb, its unintelligent.

So since all you want to do is 'feel good' and ignore the truths around you .... then by your logic it's 'irrational' to tell the truth about the situation of the world and the suffeirng of people? Yeah .. okay. Feel free to keep you head in the sand, but honestly THAT is what is irrational. Feeling bad is part of what being human is all about ... and caring that others feel bad is part of it as well. Looks like you've missed out on a lot while practicing the 'virtues' of Pollyanna.

Oh .. to answer your question ... no, people who can see the negative in life are not 'jealous' of positive people. In fact, we kind of pity those who talk like the opening post did. Why? Because those who speak like that just don't get it ....
edit on 2/2/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Negatively based people are destructive whether it's inward, outward or both.

Analogy, you have two people one happy person and one negative person, both are building a stand-castle on the beach. The negative person has lots of tools to build his, but the positive person only has his hands.

The negative person sees how much pleasure the positive person has gotten from building a small, awkward looking sand castle, as opposed to his mammoth creation with tools.

The negative person so enraged runs over and smashes the positive persons castle. The positive person is confused by the reaction of the negative person, but shrugs it off and immediately starts building another one.

What's the moral of the story here?

Positive people don't care to help negative people?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

first, if you are being positive then for sure you are not truly positive
bc obviously things are not really existing, while any exist but negatively

second, true positive is at the least what conceive absolute ground as an abstraction to mean plus as its right constant fact, since conscious present existence cant b to zero constancy

so here ur answer, negative are not jealeous of positive it is a lie

they just mean to abuse their existence ways, so they can still benefit from pretending that absolute constant is what dont include their beings, so they can profit from both sides
forcing intellectual honesty to negative result make them benefit from what they give and know about true realities
while they would also benefit from their free ways since they excluded themselves of objective facts

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

[COLOR=CYAN]
Vibrating on a lower frequency can cause you physical issues with the health related to the stress caused from being negative.

Example racism

Think of all the energy the racist person feels and deals when they hate and share their hate with others all that stress on their hearts minds and bodies as opposed to a individual vibrating on a higher or positive frequency dealing with less stress of hating others. Its just not healthy to vibrate on a lower frequency and it does effect those around you in a negative manner. THIS IS PROOF OF THE NEGATIVE PHYSICAL EFFECTS ON THE HUMAN BODY NOT TO MENTION A LARGER SCALE SOCIAL ENERGY FAIL LIKE WARS!!!! I HATE THE EAST AND I HATE THE WEST SO LETS JUST KILL THE INNOCENT IN THE MIDDLE - SEE THE FREQUENCY EFFECTS ON THE 3RD DIMENSION.

Thanks Manula for sharing the positive vibes in the thread

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
[/COLOR]
edit on 2/2/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
in truth, it is the positive that hate the negative not the opposite

we can see everywhere how negative enjoy positive presence being around even by messing with it it babbles of pleasure from such rich gains spot from
how evil people love to master good servants and how good servants hate their masters say it all

the problem is what u protect negative to keep its pretense of being right for god

negative exist but is opposed to truth and rights which is a logical fact when existence is not absolutely true

but it is not absolutely true from my guess, bc evil exist and must b forced out of existence before existence become real

truth is freedom value
evil is freedom earn

if u can picture that u could get of how truth and evil are beyond opposites, they cant exist at all in one

one is wether evil or true

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know what suffering is so dont tell me i dont have compassion for the suffering. I was not smart enough to handle life, i would get strongly attached to things i cant control, and suffering was inevitable. Since i got wise on this maybe i can help people depressed as i was. Being deep in the darkness, if you can get out of it maybe you have something to give to others, your experience can help others.

Is it shocking to say that negativity is not intelligent? Maybe, i say this against me because i know what negativity is, but yes, i think it shows lack of intelligence, emotional intelligence at least.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
It's because most negative and depresse people are highly irritable and agitated. When I think of someone who is "positive" I generally think of someone who is "cheery!" and doesn't really care about much. Surely, that is true for some people, but I know what you are thinking "I'm not the positive type who is like that." I know, I know.

However, usually a depressed person wants affection and sympathy even if they think they don't or deny it. When someone is not giving a crap about sorrows, the depressed person generally would think "How can you be so insensitive towards me? Care about my very real problems!"

Plus, they most likely want people to be as miserable as them. "It's not fair that I have to suffer so much and this crazy lady is bouncing around with happiness all nimbly-bimbly like."

At least that's what I assume.

You raise some good points on perspective.

Outwardly, I [as a positive thinking person] do not act any differently than I used to act [as a negative thinking person]. I have always pretended to be "happy", because that was the only way to protect myself from getting hurt by other people. I used to get a lot of comments about my "sad eyes", though.

I'm not a bouncy-wouncy person. I smile a lot and laugh a lot, and I always have. I help people, and I always have. I care about people, and I always have. I think negative things, and I always have. I have significant bouts of depression, and I always have. I see the negative things of the world, and I always have.

The main difference is that I am not letting myself focus on negative thoughts about myself. I now can catch myself thinking negatively and, therefore, prevent myself from spiraling down into that darkness I know I hold inside of me.

Another difference is instead of harping on the sad state of the world, I am doing what I can to make the world I live in better. Yeah, I'm only one person, but I'm the only one who can change the world I live in. I have decided that I want to make life for people around me as good as possible. I listen to them, I comfort them, I love them, I appreciate them and the positive effects they have had in my life.

So, I guess I don't understand this common perception of "positive", because I see positive as anything above depression.

I don't pretend reality doesn't exists... I just prefer to roll with the punches instead of curling into a fetal position and letting myself be pummeled.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I would like to tell you that what this world or other people does to you is much less important than what you do and how you react and act to life. Can you understand what this means?

Reality is what you do, what you give, how you see things, how you feel, how you think, that is your reality.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I find immense comfort in being a complete *sshole. It's like taking a fresh breath of air. All that venom and malice is milk and honey to me, and that's just the way it is.

Okay, seriously here, whenever I'm being a jerk, I'm much more tortured inside myself than anyone could possibly be by whatever I might say or do. There's no doubt about what makes people negative, and that is internal strife and just raw unexamined pain.

My friend Ray is a great guy. Funny and sociable and more creatively talented than most anyone I've ever met, and yet, when he becomes distressed, he's a complete bastard. His poor wife should be given her own wing in the Vatican for what she's managed over nearly three decades of the kind of rollercoaster that Ray's capable of inflicting on people close to him. But she deals with it because she knows that when he's being negative and (occasionally) verbally abusive, he's suffering enormously inside and is incapable to disassociating that pain from everything that comes together to produce who he is as a person. He's 100% genuine in all moments, and that seething volatility is part of that slurry of aspects that combine to form him.

Me? I'm much more calculated and malevolent than Ray could ever be, but I'm much better at managing my negativity displays. Truth is that I'm a much darker character - overall - than Ray. And yet, he's the one with the reputation for being negative because he displays it whenever it makes an appearance. I used to swim in shark infested waters within the music industry and what I realized very quickly is that I liked people like Ray a lot more than I liked people like me. At least their negativity was easy to discern.

We're all negative and positive, with varying degrees of both in a constantly fluctuating balance of both in constant impact upon how we view life and manage it. No one is always sunshiny and no one's always doom and gloom. Personally, I prefer the folks who aren't so good at masking their struggles with a salesman veneer.
edit on 2/2/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join