It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicting Info: "Republican Senator Tom Coburn Blocks Funding For September 11th Memorial And Museu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Seriously?!?!

www.addictinginfo.org...

After all the Right Wing claims that Muslims were going to violate the sanctity of Ground Zero where the Twin Towers fell on September 11, 2001, Republican Senator Tom Coburn blocked funding for the 9/11 memorial and museum.

More from Politico:

www.politico.com...

Coburn, a physician often referred to as the Senate’s “Dr. No,” initially blocked that earlier bill, which provided health care and other aid to first responders sickened by dust from the World Trade Center attacks, over objections it was being rushed through the Senate. But he eventually relented, and the bill passed unanimously during the 2010 lame-duck session.

People of Oklahoma - does this man REALLY represent you?!

After years of using 9/11 as a political tool, I don't think it's too much to ask to actually FUND the memorial and museum.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Coburn, a physician often referred to as the Senate’s “Dr. No,”
Hold up, I thought that was Ron Paul's nickname?

I hope this memorial includes the sulfidated steel that looks like swiss cheese, the mass of previously molten concrete/metal that was fused together, as well as the magical passports that managed to escape the fiery explosion and land intact in the hands of an FBI agent or whoever.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Wow, the lack of replies speaks volumes.

Has ATS already forgotten 9/11? Or do the majority of you agree with Coburn?!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

You forgot to mention this key part of the article

Sen. Tom Coburn is blocking legislation that would provide $20 million a year in federal funding for the National September 11 Memorial & Museum at ground zero, demanding that co-sponsors of the bill come up with cuts to pay for the spending, his office confirmed to POLITICO.

Read more: www.politico.com...

He merely wants to counter the new spending with savings cuts elsewhere.

In his own words

“Our debt is our greatest national security threat, and Dr. Coburn makes no apologies for forcing Congress to make choices and avoid unnecessary borrowing,” said John Hart, a spokesman for the Oklahoma Republican. “If providing federal funding for this effort is a critical national priority, the sponsors should pay for this effort by reducing spending on lower-priority programs.

Read more: www.politico.com...

WOW! and that's in the first couple of paragraphs of the article!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm sure we can carve off the needed $20million from the military budget what with our winding down of Iraq and Afghanistan.

No matter. Fund the memorial. Honor those we've lost. Never forget, remember?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
When one is in heavy debt, one should not be starting any new projects period. One should only be cutting cutting cutting and paying down said debt. But that would make far too much sense eh?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I would agree with Coburn on this one, and Coburn is one of the good decent Republicans out there.

Aside from the spending issue, I'm not comfortable with the idea of memorializing an event that is 90% fiction and the greatest false flag operation ever. It would be like memorializing the Reichstag fire or the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

top topics

join