It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's not because I have an incurable disease.

It's not because I live on a bench and am hungry and cold every night.

It's because WE, humans, are absolutely no different than insects.

For example, I left my apartment for 6 months, it was alone and empty. When I returned, I found literally around 2000 dead mosquito. Why? I cleaned the place perfectly before I left.

It is because every species will thrive while conditions are ripe (some water was leaking in from a window) and then die out when the resources are spent.

We humans (and I hate how we distinguish ourselves as 'humans', as if we are not part of the animal kingdom) are exactly the same.

We are raping the earth, increasing in numbers at an exponential rate. By 2020 the world population will have doubled. We don't have enough food for that many people.

Do you think the future will be high tech and everyone living in comfort? No way, it's going to be chaos.

Consumerism as it is called, is just our version of take all that can be taken, profit from it and to hell with the rest.

I find it extremely sad because it just can't be stopped. We as humans are an orgy of pleasure/pain and feelings of self importance/religion... but really we are just a very very short term explosion in growth that will die out very soon.

I am scared.
edit on 2-2-2012 by zaintdead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying totally, but I don't think you should insult insects like that.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't insult insects, I insult that we think we are above insects.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is how it looks like from a 3rd person perspective...

link   
Life is what you make of it.

link   

Originally posted by zaintdead
I don't insult insects, I insult that we think we are above insects.

You said that we are no different to insects. That's an insult to insects, the human race is a like a disease.. We destroy each other and everything around us every second of every day.

So i'm agreeing with you.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

i used to think that, now im not so sure. seem like everything is against you being what you want to be unless you goose-step inline, dont think and not ask questions

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zaintdead

We are raping the earth, increasing in numbers at an exponential rate. By 2020 the world population will have doubled. We don't have enough food for that many people.

Wouldn't be a problem if people would use condoms and other contraceptives or maybe even practice abstinence instead of giving in to sex because "it feels good".

The problem isn't mankind itself but mankinds extreme lack of morality. So instead of using birth control we end up murdering hundreds of millions of babies each year. The earth isn't going to run out of room for people to live on anytime soon, nor will we run out of food or water but the severe stupidity of our race needs to be addressed in a much more profound manner. If people start being held accountable for their actions instead of getting a "get out of jail free card", morality might once again come to light. People are being allowed to live irresponsibly and this must come to an end.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Originally posted by Starchild23

i used to think that, now im not so sure. seem like everything is against you being what you want to be unless you goose-step inline, dont think and not ask questions

Tell that to Martin Luther King Jr. The entire nation was against him, and he pulled through just fine...

Until the sniper got him. But hey, his system worked!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Condoms make no difference. Look at the graph, they didn't even have condoms 200AD.

I am extremely scared, because I am a part of the chaos, and all those I love are too, and we are all #ed.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We humans (and I hate how we distinguish ourselves as 'humans', as if we are not part of the animal kingdom) are exactly the same.

This makes no sense. We call different animals different names. A cat is a cat, a dog a dog. What would you like us to call ourselves? Shall we stop calling them dogs and simply label them "animals" too?

Yet we are smart. We are working on technology that might help us one day break free from our earth. While it is beautiful and amazing, our universe is vast beyond our wildest dreams. Earth is in no way unique.

Do you think the future will be high tech and everyone living in comfort? No way, it's going to be chaos.

I tend to agree, but your fatalistic attitude helps no one. We MAY destroy ourselves, but there is a small chance we will set outselves free through technology and understanding.

Consumerism as it is called, is just our version of take all that can be taken, profit from it and to hell with the rest.

Thats YOUR take on it. I live in Canada, but do not spend beyond my means. I save before i make major purchases. Fiscal responsibility is a lost art. Its not a direct fault of capitalism, its a fault of parents who do not teach their children to be responsible.

edit on 2-2-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Thats YOUR take on it. I live in Canada, but do not spend beyond my means. I save before i make major purchases. Fiscal responsibility is a lost art. Its not a direct fault of capitalism, its a fault of parents who do not teach their children to be responsible.

To true. To many people have a "Keep up with the Jones" attitude. Much to their detriment.

When people sign up for that Credit card, College loan or New car / house, they feel good at the time but fail to prepare for any worst case scenario such as losing their job or racking up medical expenses.

Then they always blame others for their misfortune.

new topics

top topics

join