It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Syria Tested Chemical Weapons in Sudan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The German newspaper Die Welt, is claiming that Syria tested chemical weapons on black Africans in the Dufar region. Experts were flown in from Syria into Sudan where they carried out the test. The number of casualties from this experiment have yet to be tallied, but the massive death tolls in Sudan are a known fact.

washingtontimes.com
Syrian special forces used chemical weapons in June to kill dozens of people in Darfur, Sudan, the German newspaper Die Welt reported.

The attack came after an arrangement between Syria and the Sudanese government, Die Welt said, citing Western secret service documents and eyewitnesses as quoted in the Arab media.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Syria is rumored to be the benefactor of large quantities of chemical weapons from Sadaam's regime, and the U.S. has already threatened the country with sanctions. Still, we have a member of the U.N. Security Council being accused again of developing chemical weapons. This time however, they are also being accused of using these weapons on innocent civilians. A WHO survey indicates that there have been over 50,000 deaths in the Dufar region in the last 19 months. How many of these are from chemical weapon attacks? We may never know.

Related News Links:
www.dallasnews.com

[edit on 15-9-2004 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
When did Syria start a WMD program or are these the missing items from the Iraq war.

Interesting, I guess Syria had to test the stuff from Iraq somewhere why not Sudan.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Incredible. And in June too. The arab minority that is the ruling ethnicity in this african country has been displacing and murerding the black 'natives' (i put it in quotes because arabs have a long history there too) and even allowing other arab countries to come in and test banned weapons on the blacks, meanwhile the UN wont call it genocide because that would reuquire action (according to the charter or some law they passed). Hypocritical. And hypocritical of the US too. Obviously we should send troops in, topple the governmet, execute these paramilitary militas, and keep the peace long enough for people to be fed, disarmed, and resettled. The world probably can't wait for sanctions and whatnot to be applied in this case.

The article noted that the meeting was also discussing developing more chemical weapons, perhaps the gov over there is planning a black holocaust?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I thought Syria had already developed these agents with the aid of Russia and possibly Egypt? Im skeptical that they inherited any sort of material from Iraq and Saddams regime. Any of the chemical work they've done has probably sprouted from years of hard work, not handed over by Iraq.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This story has disapeared. Now I wonder why.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If you are referring to the link, it still works, I just looked at it.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
to have never mind test CW's guess its my imagination that the US went to war over iraq having them. syria next?

On a more cautious note has this been confirmed by creditable sources yet?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"The United States expressed scepticism Wednesday over a report that Syria tested chemical weapons on civilians in Sudan's troubled western Darfur region, killing dozens of people.

"I think if that was true, we probably would have seen it," US State Department spokesman Richard Boucher told reporters.

"Something like transfer and use of chemical weapons would have set off alarm bells if we'd known about it," he said."

www.spacewar.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey
"The United States expressed scepticism Wednesday over a report that Syria tested chemical weapons on civilians in Sudan's troubled western Darfur region, killing dozens of people.

"I think if that was true, we probably would have seen it," US State Department spokesman Richard Boucher told reporters.

Cus they've been so damned accurate in their other estimations of the use of chemical weapons.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samiralfey

Cus they've been so damned accurate in their other estimations of the use of chemical weapons.

top topics

join