It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney and Ron Paul; two unlikely allies:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This article written in the Hill has some comparisons to what I have been saying all along and it makes some very good points about why He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named will eventually endorse Mitt Romney!!! (Curse me if you will)

Ask Ron and his campaign managers whether they have had secret conversations with Mitt Romney and his campaign managers, and whether there is any price Mitt Romney could pay, which Ron Paul would accept, for Paul to endorse Romney.

I have seen these talks myself and I have seen ATS members wonder why out loud why He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named always seems to turn directly towards Mitt Romney in between commercial breaks during debates.

do not end up feeling betrayed if Paul turns out to be just another politician who makes his own deals for his own reasons, as some young people who supported Obama in 2008 ended up feeling.

Yes, comparing He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named sheeple to the Obama sheeple.

It cannot be denied that Ron Paul helps Mitt Romney by virtually never criticizing him, by criticizing his conservative opponents, and by further dividing the conservative vote.

Have you ever seen He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named attack Romney?? Nope!

On the great economic issue of the Ron Paul campaign, monetary policy and the Federal Reserve Board, Mitt Romney is the antithesis of everything that Ron Paul says he stands for. So why has Paul refused to strongly criticize Romney about this and usually targeted more conservative candidates instead?

Mitt Romney is indeed Gordon Gecko without the wall street resume and yet, He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named never attacks him AT ALL for this. Never, not once! The followers of He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named are always great at finding attacks like this so I urge you all to find me an instance where these two attack each other even on the campaign trail

Mitt Romney is a champion of far more aggressive military entanglements, which again is the antithesis of what Ron Paul says he stands for. So why does Paul refuse to aggressively criticize Romney about this?

He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named never attacks Romney on Foreign Policy either, even if given the chance, he always goes off on his talking points instead of attacking the front runner. If He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named DID attack Romney I would have much more respect for the man because you cannot rise up in politics without attacking your opponents. Newt is the proof of this. For a month he has tried it and it didn't really work out.

The truth is that the gamut of opinion from young people toward Obama today ranges from continued support with great enthusiasm from some and less enthusiasm from others, to apathy and indifference by some to feelings of betrayal by others.

The same will be felt from youngsters all over the nation when He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named drops out and very likely will endorse Mitt Romney. You have to ask yourself He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named supporters these tough questions. Because it seems likely that He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is a very smart man who knows that he cannot beat Romney's money!

thehill.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Lol that would never happen.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

What's the slogan of this website?

Deny Ignorance! He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named will never beat Romney's money get over it. Using those same facts I can also say with some certainty that Romney will never be able to beat Obama's money. Unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Paul has been consistent throughout his career.. if money was his motivation, at any point.. he would be rich.. it is very easy to become a rich senator if you simply bow to special interests.. He never has ..

So why would he suddenly now, at his height of "fame" .. take a check from Romney and sell out? .. it's simple.. he wouldn't ..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Paul has been consistent throughout his career.. if money was his motivation, at any point.. he would be rich.. it is very easy to become a rich senator if you simply bow to special interests.. He never has ..

So why would he suddenly now, at his height of "fame" .. take a check from Romney and sell out? .. it's simple.. he wouldn't ..

Because he is a greedy politician when you get down to it like all the rest. He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is not rich?! Give me a break. He is worth somewhere around 5-10 Million dollars and that's without assets.

Why is HE not releasing his taxes? He probably doesn't pay thme!

edit on 2-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

What's the slogan of this website?

Deny Ignorance! He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named will never beat Romney's money get over it. Using those same facts I can also say with some certainty that Romney will never be able to beat Obama's money. Unfortunately.

Romney has no chance against Obama... Paul would, I sincerely believe.. but Paul won't get the nomination.. he scares too many people.. the media refuses to acknowledge him and that keeps him suppressed enough to not win.. if Paul won the primary, he would be forced to get media recognition.. that would make him a power house.. that won't be allowed
edit on 2/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Because he is a greedy politician when you get down to it like all the rest. He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is not rich?! Give me a break. He is worth somewhere around 5-10 Million dollars and that's without assets.

You have zero to back that up .. you're just don't like him so you're making things up
.. Paul's record speaks for itself.. when you have something to support those extraordinary claims, let us know

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
4.9 million by the way is pennies compared to many of the other congressmen and senators up there.. Lets compare that to Mitt .. who's worth about $202 million .. even Newt has about double the net worth .. Newt made his millions over a period of 4 years as a house representative.. Ron has served for MUCH longer..

Newt Gingrich has earned his net worth with the United States House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999

It's pretty simple, if Paul wanted to be crooked he would have a lot more bank than he has.
edit on 2/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think it would be more ironic to see Gingrich endorse Romney than Paul; considering Romney doesn't attack Paul, why would Paul spontaneously attack Romney? The best strategy for Paul is to conserve his money and let Gingrich and Romney destroy each other.

I'd laugh so hard if Gingrich turned around and gave his support to Romney after dropping out since both candidates have spent so much time, effort, and money trying to destroy each other.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I think it would be more ironic to see Gingrich endorse Romney than Paul; considering Romney doesn't attack Paul, why would Paul spontaneously attack Romney? The best strategy for Paul is to conserve his money and let Gingrich and Romney destroy each other.

I'd laugh so hard if Gingrich turned around and gave his support to Romney after dropping out since both candidates have spent so much time, effort, and money trying to destroy each other.

Because supporting paul is a form of political suicide .. Mitt is going to win the primary, it's just in the cards.. so these candidates that drop out will throw their weight behind him.. even if they hate him

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

That's the way politics works. When newt drops out, he will have to support Romney because they have a key interest to keep Obama out of the White House. They disagree on a lot of things, and yet they are partners politicians and perhaps even friends. In the beginning before the battles took place Newt and Romney both actually complimented each other.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named supposed net worth is about $4.5 Million and that's what we know about! He's a politician, he's bound to be hiding stuff. Hence why he is not releasing his taxes!!! Everyone else has, why not him?

Mitt Romney is a businessman and an investor of course he's rich! Newt is more corrupt I think though.

www.bankrate.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I was going to respond to you but this response sums it up for me.. Greedy politician? HAHA is that the best you can do? cmon you know nothing about politics. please...why is that people who want to try and debate politics with me are always community college students who dont know anything. Read a book for a change.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Patchman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Why do you assume I don't know anything about politics and then continue attack me on a personal level? What have I done to you, and do you really know He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named as well as you think you do?

It would help his truth and consistency cause a lot more if he would just release his taxes! If he did, I would stop attacking it for not doing it. So I ask you again, why is he not?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Can you tell me any of Ron Paul's views on taxes? dont go around making bold statements with no knowledge to back it up. you just another voice in the crowd blabbing about the same moot subjects like tax forms....

can you tell me how the sixteenth amendment affected the relationship between the government and the citizen?

depending on the government to take care of you, sharply diminishes any desire for assuming responsibility for ones self.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Why answer questions with question why is He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named not releasing his tax forms??

I never denied that He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is not an economic genius, and I never denied that he wasn't a constitutionalist. This thread is about why Romney and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named never go after each other. It's because Romney will win the nomination. He knows it and you know! I'm blabbing about reality not some ideal world where He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is President.

And besides I would never call myself a liberal in a million years on another planet. If anything, I am a Conservative Moderate with very strong conservative economic values. Very far from liberal.

edit on 3-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Why answer questions with question why is He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named not releasing his tax forms??

I never denied that He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is not an economic genius, and I never denied that he wasn't a constitutionalist. This thread is about why Romney and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named never go after each other. It's because Romney will win the nomination. He knows it and you know! I'm blabbing about reality not some ideal world where He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is President.

And besides I would never call myself a liberal in a million years on another planet. If anything, I am a Conservative Moderate with very strong conservative economic values. Very far from liberal.

edit on 3-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

jjf3rd77: sorry bud your wrong on this one! It'll never happen.
edit on 3-2-2012 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

The connection between RP and Romney is real and beneficial for both candidates.

Romney’s aides are “quietly in touch with Ron Paul,” according to a Republican adviser who is in contact with the Romney campaign and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss its internal thinking. The two campaigns have coordinated on minor things, the adviser said — even small details, such as staggering the timing of each candidate’s appearance on television the night of the New Hampshire primary for maximum effect.

Romney wants to keep Paul around so all the Paulites continue to divide the republican party, which they’ve done quite well.

One advantage for Romney is that Paul’s presence in the race helps keep the GOP electorate fractured. But there is also a growing recognition that the congressman plans to stay in the contest over the long term — and that accommodating him and his supporters could help unify Republican voters in the general election against President Obama.

Paul knows he has no shot at winning but he definitely wants to have some influence in the next administration so he can pursue issues he cares most about (like the FED). He knows this is the only way he can get a foot in the White House door.

What Paul and his supporters would demand, and what Romney would offer, are subjects of some speculation. One Paul adviser, speaking on the condition of anonymity to talk freely, said prime-time speaking slots for Paul and his son Rand, the junior senator from Kentucky, are obvious goals. On the policy front, Ron Paul’s priorities are reforming the Federal Reserve and reducing federal spending. So promises to audit the Fed and to tackle deficit reduction seriously could appease the congressman and his supporters, the adviser said.
WaPo

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Again, please tell me why exactly I am wrong? The paulites are hilarious on this thread because they know their man has no chance!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

if your right where are the stars and flags?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join