It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dream a few nights ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My father had a heart attack around this time last year, underwent surgery to fit a new artificial valve and has spent the past year extremely depressed, having to have weekly blood pressure checks. He attempted to take his own life a few months back by taking an overdose of medication and was taken into hospital, since then he has been attending counseling for his depression. This has of course had an effect on me as I have a close relationship and the dream I had a few nights ago is related to all of this..

The dream itself was strange, almost ending up Lucid. The dreams introduction was me and my father sat in some kind of office with a black women sat behind the desk, I'm not sure what kind of office this was or what the women was asking, however she seemed to know my father very well. The middle part of the dream is blurred however the end is where things get strange, I remember rushing into the very same office upset and telling the same women that my father had flipped and was talking about running off to join the military (Very surreal as he is almost in his 60's and of course in bad health). The women behind the desk suddenly starts crying and saying phrases like "Oh no..". I eventually leave the office and some other women in the distance yells goodbye to me (again no idea who this was). As I was leaving this "office" I remember being unable to find the exit and ending up in a backroom, that appeared to be a sort of "living room". I go down some stairs leading to a basement area but there is a dog barking so I turn back. Another male enters the room and asked what I was doing, I told him I couldn't find the exit to the building and follow him. This is where the dream almost got Lucid, for some reason the male stopped at a mirror and looks into it. I looked into the mirror to see myself, however severely overweight and with a significantly worse appearance. I then walk up to a second mirror and see myself as normal, this is where I thought to myself that I must be dreaming however I woke up before the dream actually turned lucid.

I hope you have been able to follow along with the dream and if anybody could maybe offer some suggestions as to what this could mean, it would be very interesting to hear.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your dad.

There is not a lot of talk about this at the moment but it is very clear there is a epidemic of suicide and attempted suicide across the planet at the moment. Hopefully some of the conselling will help him.
If someone really wants to leave they cant be stopped. Don't be afraid to tell him your glad he wasn't successful and that he is still around. Everybody is under pressure, tell him to try and hang on another while and not to worry, every thing is as it should be.

Your dream is as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. There is an element you don't want your dad to leave. You know the answers yourself to the differences in your appearance. You can allow answers in. You don't have to. Its up to you. Nobody here can tell you what you are looking for. You are the only one with the key to the lock.

Most of all don't be afraid to blow off some steam yourself occasionally even if you feel you the only one holding it all together. You gotta look after yourself a little too.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Thanks for the reply, after reading your thoughts about the mirrors it makes complete sense. On another note my dad is doing better since the therapy sessions, your 100% correct when you mentioned needing to look after myself rather than focusing on him all the time, I guess this has been my main focus for the past year.

new topics

join