It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What is God to You?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes im fully aware of trinitarian beliefs... they are not confusing, they're just incorrect according to your own book.

Stop it, the book screams a Triune God. What did Jesus say here:

"Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
John 6:46

If no one has ever seen the "Father" then which "LORD" or "God" met face to face with Abraham in Genesis chapter 18? Who did Isaiah see on the throne in chapter 6?

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
Isaiah 6:5

If "no man" has ever seen the Father then who did these "men" meet that was "God" or the "LORD" in Genesis 18 and Isaiah 6?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

YOU stop it!!

I don't care what "the book" says... Jesus did not believe in a triune God...

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Silly

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

God is in him, and thus they have seen God... notice the past part you didn't turn bloody red...lol

"save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father"

If "no man" has ever seen the Father then who did these "men" meet that was "God" or the "LORD" in Genesis 18 and Isaiah 6?

What exactly does this have to do with a "triune God"?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Since Christ said no man had ever seen the "Father" then that means Abraham and Isaiah saw God the Son. Every major event in scripture from creation to redemption and resurrection is attributed to the Father in some verses, Jesus in others, and the Holy Spirit in others.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Since Christ said no man had ever seen the "Father" then that means Abraham and Isaiah saw God the Son. Every major event in scripture from creation to redemption and resurrection is attributed to the Father in some verses, Jesus in others, and the Holy Spirit in others.

Again i know trinitarian beliefs... i just don't agree with them...

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father... Meaning everyone that actually saw him saw the Father.

Why?

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Can you not see the seperation between him and God? He was the servant of him... His son... Not his son the God.... God is IN Him...but he is still flesh.... as he says "that which is born of flesh is flesh"

And this holy spirit God is just fabrication.... Another God to add to the list of Gods within the bible.

God is not three in one... The Father of Jesus is ONE... not a person, but all... the whole. Incomprehendable to the human mind... but we can know what God is like because of his son...

And God is amazing... words can not discribe it

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And this holy spirit God is just fabrication....

Really? It's Christ's "fabrication" then. He promised His Holy Spirit to indwell believers. And the Holy Spirit came at Pentecost.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm still shocked that you could get such a meaning out of such English in such a verse.

Here it is in a number of translations. I'm skeptical that you'll 'get it' but at least here's the evidence:

John 10:36

New International Version (©1984)
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

New Living Translation (©2007)
why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world.

English Standard Version (©2001)
do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
do you say of Him, whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God '?

International Standard Version (©2008)
how can you say to the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am the Son of God'?

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
“Are you saying to The One whom The Father sanctified and sent into the world, “You blaspheme”, because I said to you, 'I am The Son of God?”

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
why do you say that I'm dishonoring God because I said, 'I'm the Son of God'? God set me apart for this holy purpose and has sent me into the world.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Do you say of him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world: Thou blasphemest, because I said, I am the Son of God?

Darby Bible Translation
do ye say of him whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest, because I said, I am Son of God?

Weymouth New Testament
how is it that you say to one whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, 'You are blaspheming,' because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Young's Literal Translation
of him whom the Father did sanctify, and send to the world, do ye say -- Thou speakest evil, because I said, Son of God I am?

EVERY LAST ONE of those translations document that your interpretation is wrong.

And I haven't reached a Greek scholar friend or consulted the commentaries yet. I don't think that's necessary. The above multitude of reasonably accurate translations to exceedingly accurate translations are sufficient demonstration of the essence of the verse as clearly contrary to the meaning you take from it and state in your posts.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Really? It's Christ's "fabrication" then. He promised His Holy Spirit to indwell believers. And the Holy Spirit came at Pentecost.

The "Holy spirit" comes at birth my friend... we learn to deny what is written in our hearts...

13Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

14But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm still shocked that you could get such a meaning out of such English in such a verse.

Here it is in a number of translations. I'm skeptical that you'll 'get it' but at least here's the evidence

so many "suches" is that english?
jkjk

what is so hard to understand? Do you not see the question mark behind God? Does that not mean he is "questioning them"? as i am you?

He asks them...
32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

And they answer...
33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

and he replies....
36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Meaning... I didn't say that... I said "the son of God"... basically asking them why they are lying...

37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not....... Believe what? That i am not the SON OF GOD...

38But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

God is IN him.... he is Not God... Only a part of him... and in this verse he is refering to Psalm 82 where it says...
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

As he said also... He is the son of God... a child of God, perhaps the first born who knows...

EVERY LAST ONE of those translations document that your interpretation is wrong.

Really?

I believe you are wrong

edit on 4-2-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes

may the flying pink spaghettimonster be with you my son

If you add me to this blessing then thank you. There will be many ways to view the devine. Namaste

if the blessings of an atheist help you in any way
please be my guest and feel blessed
(hmm, feels kinda weird to be a blesser, suddenly... oh well, one gets used to everything eventually, so they say)
isn't the brain a wonderful thing?

Yeep the brain is a wonderful piece of biological hardware that can do amazing things and this body is so nice when it is relaxed in harmony. The mind is a bilogical software program that is exerperiancing itself and everything else around it. I would like to get at manual on how my body really works but it seems nobody here around really are sure, so I have to wing it. But what if it has more hidden devices that I do not know about? Somebody forgot to put in the network cable so I was very disconnected until a year ago. But It seems somebody finnaly got to it. What that was I am not sure off? All theories are interesting but I cannot be sure of what is true. Whatever happens I choose my path and pay whatever price that is needed.
. But I do belive it is what you are that is important. Not you theories or beleifs. I think most christians confuse god/jesus/idols and the message. The messenger is never what is important because he/she/it will not be around. The message or idea is harder to ignore ones it have been recieved. Enjoy whatever this is. Namaste

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

reply to post by apushforenlightment

I am me and you are you. Yes part of the same whole that one day will be as one. Maybe even so close that we have a hard time telling where one ends and the other one begins.

Are the life that lifes in me part of me or not? Is the cells in me me? Is the bakteria that live inside me and help me live part of me? Am I this body? Am I my aura? Where do i begin and end? Am I my mind? Am I my ego impulses? Am I my devine impulses? Am I soul? Am I Spirit? Am I part of everything? Am I crazy? . Am I happy? Yes. Namaste

"Ye can be like gods."

People still falling for that lie for over 6,000 years. Gazuntite.

Yes we can be like gods when we lose our ego and work as one. You are probably your own worst enemy to really connect with god. What are you afraid of? That your mind can't handle it? That you are not ready? That you might have to sacrifice of yourself for the greater evolution? Ego is something that is intressting to experiance and I am still playing with that toy sometimes. My belifs, my pain, my ideals, my mind, my higher self. But I do not belive the connection to everything else or whatever you call chi is mine. That is a gift from the thing I am one with. And it is not a thing that is on/off. Sometimes your more one with everything and sometimes you play with ego and feel disconnected. Where ego from my point of view is the part of me that is undevine. The part that push to manupilation, competition, hate, anger. Christians seem to call all ego collectivly by one name The devil. Some people are sill caught in the sins of the previous generation by not questioning their conditioning. Namaste

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Some call it material... physical?

Attachment to said issues?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Yes im fully aware of trinitarian beliefs... they are not confusing, they're just incorrect according to your own book.

"Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
John 6:46

If no one has ever seen the "Father" then which "LORD" or "God" met face to face with Abraham in Genesis chapter 18? Who did Isaiah see on the throne in chapter 6?

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
Isaiah 6:5

You can see god in everything. In the stars, in nature, in the eyes of a child, in the devine ideals. You just have to look for him and you will find him.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Some call it material... physical?

Attachment to said issues?

Hihihihi. I love you man.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You can see god in everything. In the stars, in nature, in the eyes of a child, in the devine ideals. You just have to look for him and you will find him.

I've never said that His presence is non-evident, I pointed out that Jesus said "no man" at any time had seen the Father.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The "Holy spirit" comes at birth my friend...

Then why did Jesus proclaim that a person must be born again of the Spirit in order to enter the kingdom of Heaven? That statement would be utterly meaningless if everyone was born-again "at birth". Once resurrected, why did Christ tell His apostles that it was expedient for Him to leave so that He could send the Holy Spirit? That likewise, would be an utterly meaningless statement if everyone was born-again of the Spirit at birth.

edit on 4-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

For some of us it is so evident what Jesus's message was. How many times can one say I am the son of God and it STILL get twisted as to think he was "implying" he was God?

Its like my kids come from me and they are a PART of me (DNA) but they ARE NOT ME. They are their own unique soul/spirit who I have given life too from the love I once shared.

Because they COME from me they display a lot of attributes as me. They look like me and sometimes they act like me. They are different me, still.

Jesus's story is found other than the Bible as well. Even though some of the stories are not found in the Bible....we can still reflect on the Word's.

If one goes strictly by the Bible it can only be interpreted the way he said it as it is SO CLEAR.

Jesus felt like we could do all things through faith because our father is in us and we in him...only we are SEPARATE from him. We each have a cord that will be cut when we are reborn into the REAL LIFE when we go home. We will then travel faster than the speed of light through our Spirit back home where Jesus said we would have to go through him in order to be with the father. He is the Son who has spent eons perfecting and as any nice brother he has given us tons of examples to follow.

Bottom line is....you either try to look up to your big bro and be like him or you don't. If we don't then we may be hanging with our other bro's outside thought in a deep black shadow of the Light.

"In my Father's house are many mansions". John 14 is my fav!!!! His 'father' he said...NOT HIM.

Jesus never said "I am God". He prayed TO GOD, his father (our father). We are like little dumb rocks compared to the Father. We are not God himself but a PART of God as he is OUR FATHER. He is our father because he gave us Life.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Then why did Jesus proclaim that a person must be born again of the Spirit in order to enter the kingdom of Heaven? That statement would be utterly meaningless if everyone was born-again "at birth". Once resurrected, why did Christ tell His apostles that it was expedient for Him to leave so that He could send the Holy Spirit? That likewise, would be an utterly meaningless statement if everyone was born-again of the Spirit at birth.

In my opinion it is because when we are born into THIS WORLD we have to symbolically shed our worldly spirit and become one with the Holy Spirit which created us and gave us life. It is symbolically saying to the world that you reject it. Symbolically representing reincarnation. Otherwise we will reincarnate until we become who we want to remain within the thought and spirit of God. This takes eons unless you are born into a world such as this one. The many hardships builds the spirit faster.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

The Bible says " the day of Pentecost was FULLY come" that means the day of Pentecost was coming, the OT was a shadow of what was to come, and it came, fully.

The glory of the latter house was greater than the former house....that means the former house still had glory, but it was greater for the latter house. We are in the latter house, the latter house will leave on day when Jesus comes back to gather the inhabitants of the latter house to move into a new, better one.

Joel could not have said "God will pour out of His Spirit upon all flesh and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy", unless God has a spirit to pour out. It does not say God will pour out Himself, it says His Spirit, and God is a spirit, so what does that mean? The Holy Spirit.

Don't these people actually read the Bible? Geesh, it's like they only listen to what someone else said, and then read websites and take those websites as Gospel truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

The "Holy spirit" comes at birth my friend... we learn to deny what is written in our hearts...

13Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

14But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Uh, i think you need to go reread the book of Acts, i recommend starting with chapter 2.

Acts 2:1 1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

If we're born with the Holy Spirit then Pentecost was a lie and youre anti-christ.

Acts 1:1-5

The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Youre twisting scripture to suit our own ends and you leave out anything that is even relevant to the subject.

edit on 4-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Thats another facade of Universalism, just another face on that ugly beast. There's the "all roads lead to heaven" doctrine and when that fails they pull the "original sin is false" doctrine, which anyone thats ever read the bible and was a believer understands is straight from the mouth of Lucifer.
edit on 4-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join