It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Vostok Antarctica: breakthrough imminent.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This is becoming gold!

My mind is beginning to explode with "what if" scenarios!!!

Sadly, chances are they broke through the ice and celebrated by drinking a years worth of vodka stored up. Result = Passed out for a week... or two.

or Obama killed them.
edit on 3-2-2012 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm no scientist but did any of the "scientist" think of the fact that this "IF" there's any life forms in there its a perfectly preserve ecosystem that's in absolute perfect balance... Didn't they think of how the kerosine used as antifreeze in the drill hole once they pierce the ice sheet its all going to do down in the water...

If there's any ecosystem in there it could polute and kill absolutely everything... But hey I heard science is worth "killing for"...
edit on 3-2-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This information has been approved for for public consumption and we wait and stare at MSM to tell us what has happened. In Antarctica , no less. This alone blows my mind.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I Just got finshed reading so much about this lake even wacthed a 50 minute vdeo. There are alot of strange stories out there about it I read that there was a gray vortex in the sky over the site and it was a time vortex. said they put a thing on a weather balloon and the date came back saying it was the 70s or something like that. I read that it had an alien sturcture under the ice.

The video said, they will get to the water with a robot as it drills it will melt the ice turn it to liqud and shoot out the top then when it gets to the lake it wll santize its self brake away from the drill and explore the lake and will never come back because,as it drills and shoots water it will refrezze after it so like digging and freeze the ice as it goes down.

I have not heard anyhing about the scienctist being missing now im going to look that up.
edit on 3-2-2012 by TropicKandie because: typos cuz my netbook is supid

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
February 3rd, 2012. Time 2:25am CST.

This topic was a trending topic in both user flagged and user posts. Now is not even listed as either in new topics.

Does this make any of you upset? Interesting topic gets blacklisted?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This reminds me of the movie Transformers: Dark of the moon. Specifically, the scene when they land on the moon and they cut transmission to begin the true purpose of their mission. The whole world was told they lost signal. It seems to me that perhaps, communication was not lost and they just switched to private channels. Perhaps they did find something and there figuring out how to handle the situation. As one member mentioned. There are a quite a few unique people in Antarctica at the moment. Dare I say some of the elites. There business in such a remote place of earth with such harsh weather conditions seems to coincidental.

I may be thinking of this to much. After all, it could just be a broken radio. Then again, in such a harsh environment where so many things can go wrong. I'm pretty darn sure they have backups of backups in case of an emergency. So as of this moment from what I've read so far. I firmly believe that something indeed has gone wrong. Are best way of assuring the validity of anything that happens from this point forward is to scour the net for conflicting story's and find the silver lining in what there hiding. Yet for the time being, this thread will be my new home. Thanks op for bringing this to are attention. ^__^

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Look again , Its at the top now.(that's why you missed it)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Great find, I think if they find life beneath the surface , the probabillity of finding life on Jupiters moon Europa would be much greater as we speculate now, and gives more reason to deploy a unmanned drilling probe to discover what lies beneath Europa's icy surface.....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I read the story in one of our online newspapers today and thought thatll be on aters so i came to check out what aters had to say. Then i went back to read the story in the paper again and it was gone . Usually the storys are there for at least a day . Why is this ? maybe there is something happening and they have blacked out the media? Hope everythings ok down there.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Apart from an ancient virus we now have no immunity to, my concern is that these are high pressure sub-terranian pockets. Releasing the pressure may collapse these pockets starting geological a butterfly effect.

Then again we've been doing this by drilling oil for over a century and we're still not seeing any unusual geological activity, are we?

....Oh, wait a minute, we are!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Chance321

Your fear is absolutely correct.

Totally bogus fear ... fear of the dark and the unknown, is unrealistic. The fear itself, is the threat ... not the dark, or the unknown.

edit on 3/2/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I hope they find a few new spices or even things thought to be extinct, of course if they find anything we may also find there is life in our own solar system other then Earth

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
HEY!!HEY!!

Has anybody mentioned yet how they crew has gone missing?

Reports are saying that they haven't been able to reach the crew for 5 days..

Source
edit on 3-2-2012 by dannotz because: add link

Oh...nevermind

edit on 3-2-2012 by dannotz because: derrr

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Is there a link for info on the part about the NSA?

I doubt they will find anything unique down there.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Hmmmmm.........Stop, read and listen. Hollow earth. At present are we ON or IN?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Maybe they have just stepped out

2nd

link   
reply to post by Arken

Dude do you realize how awesome this is?

If we find life there, at any complex scale, it greatly increases the probability that Europa has life.

And if Europa has life, then hot damn, we may start knowing were to find it in the solar system.

This is really a testbed for future Europa plans, and if all goes right, the Russians may find themselves with a scientific playground for learning how to deal with Europa.

link   
Since the Russian scientists haven't been heard from in 5 days I have a feeling something catastrophic has occurred. The pressure from the lake make have caused an explosive geyser which destabilized the underlying structure and an eventual cascade of events that has destroyed the drilling operation.

In this day of satellite phones and back up power - if no one has heard from them in 5 days it's probably because they are all dead or soon will be.
edit on 2/3/2012 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
HEY!!HEY!!

Has anybody mentioned yet how they crew has gone missing?

Reports are saying that they haven't been able to reach the crew for 5 days..

Source
edit on 3-2-2012 by dannotz because: add link

Oh...nevermind

edit on 3-2-2012 by dannotz because: derrr

Honestly, is everyone reading all posts, like the one quoted above? Come on now ATS skimping over posts is why threads are ruined.

Maybe the above quote warrants a new thread title?
edit on 3-2-2012 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join