It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Vostok Antarctica: breakthrough imminent.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There was a thread here on ATS about secret nazi maps that the soviets found after the war. There was one very detailed and realistic looking map for submarines to get to some place underneath the ice. Who knows...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That's an interesting GUESS, but to repeat it like it is some kind of fact is just absurd and denies reason. 20 Million Years Old... I would guess less than 7000 all total!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
There was a thread here on ATS about secret nazi maps that the soviets found after the war. There was one very detailed and realistic looking map for submarines to get to some place underneath the ice. Who knows...

So we have a secret Nazi base in Antarctica?

Sure hope The Avengers are around....

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am interested in what that magnetic anomaly is under the lake. I got a feeling we will never be told..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hesse

Well Hitler was obsessed with Ets maybe there is something there that is not from our world. Hitler;s sign that was on everything was a symbol about ETs He was in high command back then and he belived there was something out there I know he was nuts but,maybe he knew something He would have been let in on those sort of secrets. also The NSA sopposely blocked a part of lake vostok off I wonder what is under there.What If it really is somethiing not from our world We may never know....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
so did they dig through yet?

2nd

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
afaik, they are just sealing it until next season.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

It would be pretty creepy if they indeed found a nazi submarinebase down in the lake. There might even still be some dead bodies and interesting finds there.

I dont know the story of the avengers. In their story there is a base in antartica?

I do think it is more plausible than a nazibase on the moon..

Still think its strange that the german media didnt cover the story.. lulz
edit on 17-2-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I am interested in what that magnetic anomaly is under the lake. I got a feeling we will never be told..

Sot a crashed mothership or alien base as some people claim.. Would be nice for fantasy to mix with reality, but most likely not..lol

The area is volcanic in nature and old Lava flows that travelled down through the valley, collected and cooled. Most of these deposites were Iron ore and other metalic substances, all magnetised by the volcanic activity. It formed a Dam at one end that eventually filled and then froze over. The magnetic field generates enough heat to keep the lake in a liquid state. Most likey, there are still life forms living in the waters down there, sealed off from the rst of the world.

No aliens and no Nazi Bases I'm afraid.. If there were, do you think tptb would have let them get that far and that close, with the public being informed and the world looking on.. (don't you think if there was something special there, it would be a covert op).... If the russians have a detailed Nazi map of an ice base, there would be no drilling there at all..

Common sense folks pls...
edit on 2/18/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/18/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

No aliens and no Nazi Bases I'm afraid.. If there were, do you think tptb would have let them get that far and that close, with the public being informed and the world looking on.. (don't you think if there was something special there, it would be a covert op).... If the russians have a detailed Nazi map of an ice base, there would be no drilling there at all..

The world wasn't looking on? There were no web cams - not even a large amount of people. You had a small group providing almost nothing in terms of communications. How do we know they didn't ALREADY drill there? It took something like 30 years, which I find strange. All they are going to do is scope up water. I want a video of the lake.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TropicKandie

Yes the Nazi sent out expeditions to antartica to map out the area and to find a good place for a secret uboat base. There is something strange at the southpole.

But sure enought, after WW2 the US sent Admiral Bird to the southpole, "officially" just to map out the area and explore the continent. Since when do the governments send out the military to explore the unknown? Doesnt make sence to me. There is a film on googlevideo that shows the original footage of Admiral Birds little trip to antartica. We see mountains and loads of lakes with NO ice! And thats only the footage they show us...

It also reminds me of the movie The Thing..

edit on 20-2-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Why worry about a bunch of nitrogen and oxygen at the surface of a submerged lake.....? Many would say, "Nitrogen is inert, and is ~80% of our atmosphere..." But , Oxygen content has varied dramatically over the last 300 Million years.... why should we care ....? Well.... back when this lake was on the surface, the atmosphere was not the same as it was today.....

Wikpedia entry via Stanford University Note:
“Why does an explosive explode?”
Well, Nitrogen is an inert gas and enters into chemical bonds with great difficulty and remains there with reluctance.
In other words the Nitrogen in a molecule introduces an element of instability to the molecule and,
given the right stimulus, the bonds are easily broken thus releasing the stored energy therein. The instability produced by the presence of the Nitrogen is absolutely essential otherwise the substance could not be shocked into exploding. This is why explosives explode, because of the presence of that instability. The Nitrogen provides another very important function. They keep the oxidisers and oxidisees apart (if the chemists willallow me to get away with these terms). It is very possible that there are primeval condition , that once exposed, could produce an effect that is not in the books.....
edit on 25-2-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 25-2-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by charlyv because: The poorly edited quote was worse that what most non-pro's produce. Wikpedia needs some help.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Me TOO....!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
I've been semi-excited but very worried about this...

Those f**king Russians better not screw this up... I swear... they're so cavalier and stupid trying to one-up Americans... but this is SCIENCE, it's not about ANYBODY'S country, it's bigger than that.

Perhaps we need to start a huge campaign to stop this and promote a meeting/consensus amongst scientists about the best course of action for drilling into Vostok??

I think it's too late to start anything to tell them to stop! They've been on the verge of this for a while now, and last anyone heard from them they were only 40 miles from breaking through! They are in Antarctica, you can't just call them up, or start on online petition to tell them to stop!

I think they have already broke through and found something, I just hope that something .... isn't The Thing!!!!

I've read a comic book Batman vs Aliens. The Aliens are encased in Antarctica like the AVP movie. The Thing(I think Starcraft copied it) + Aliens = Hive Mind from Dawn of War. So does that mean we are going to fight the Hive Swarm on ground?

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

or we will be lied about what it is

2nd

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i have only one question...why the hell is fox news all over this? shouldnt the russian media be ontop of this?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
so what is the update?
anything happening with the lake?

the antartic expedition reminds me of the H.P. Lovecraft story: at the mountains of madness

read the story here....
www.dagonbytes.com...

-subfab

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
so what is the update?
anything happening with the lake?

the antartic expedition reminds me of the H.P. Lovecraft story: at the mountains of madness

read the story here....
www.dagonbytes.com...

-subfab

I think that they drilled through and got some water and left because of the weather. They won't start again until next year. It doesn't sit well with me.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by squandered

thank you for the update.

yeah the whole story seems odd to me too. at first the expeditions are all over the news then...... *poof* .... nothing.

-subfab

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
...no word on the two other Antarctic lakes (admittedly not as large) being drilled into by the British and Americans. Vostok takes precedence, it seems.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join