It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Vostok Antarctica: breakthrough imminent.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I for one welcome our new underwater overlords.

DNA sucking shape shifter!!!

Perhaps after they have consumed our DNA and replaced us with aquatic replicants, these invaders from 2000 fathoms could do a better job of running this planet.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hope you have your fungomunginitus shots...... could get funky after what ever's down there makes it to the surface

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Yes, I am sure geologists usually just take a guess at it, or perhaps:www.talkorigins.org...
I'm not a geologist, I am just guessing that perhaps they don't guess.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zigguratvertigo

Can I have a source on that image?

Looks crazy.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My fellow ATS'ers...

The situation is apparently bleak. I fear we have lost fellow beings who were simply searching for the unknown,
As We All Are.

Instead of wasting our time speculating, Which I LOVE to Do( I am quite a speculator), we should direct our efforts towards receiving real answers!!!

I would like to ask you all favor, in order to figure out what really is happening down there we must come together and ask some questions!

Lets all join together in asking what really happened down there...
Lets all direct our questions to our local government officials and representatives VIA twitter or inter web .

We should also tweet and email any major news outlets... We should ask them to help us get to the bottom of this mystery!!

Regardless of what ever the story is in a few weeks, I fear that our fellow seekers of better understanding met a sad fate.... Most like exposer from the harsh elements common at the bottom of the world....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

They will find a Pyramid underneath, inside there will be alien creatures that will lay eggs in the scientists' throats...

Or maybe they will just realize that Antarctica has only been under the ice for 12.500 years and history will have to be rewritten...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
WILL WE EVER LEARN
WE HAVE THE INSTRUCTIONS RIGHT INFRONT OF US, YET WE ARE IGNORANT.
"LET'S JUST THROW THE MANUEL AWAY""
RIGHT if we would only take a in consideration that NATURE is the best example how we should live our lives. SOME OBVIOUS EXAMPLES
over population takes away from valuable resourses /// reproduction ONLY happens with opposite gender ( Shut up all you sea horses out there
GFY then
) so STOP GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN; YOU DONT HAVE A TICKET, GET OFF OUR TRAIN
///// LAKE VOSTOK is frozen for a reason, it's like sticking a coin into your electrical socket; oh you'll win a prize alright
Double or nothing???

When will we learn people?!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2012 by MrMaybe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigguratvertigo

Perhaps after they have consumed our DNA and replaced us with aquatic replicants, these invaders from 2000 fathoms could do a better job of running this planet.

WATER BEARS !!! yeah they can totally kick a sea monkeys @ss .....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
the hole is filled with KEROSENE. It is so cold down there that there is no moisture in the air. It is very dry. What do you get with dry cold weather mixed movement of warm weather fur? Yah I am am sure you know that the humans became a static spark source. Static spark and Kerosene??? anyone? Come on, you know what happened. The choice to go cheap and use the same stuff the use for fuel as an antifreeze/drill lube was dumb.
edit on 3/2/12 by remembering because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigguratvertigo

That thing is foul-looking. Worse than a lamprey. What is it?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I just heard today that they got 40ft from breaking through and now the scientists are missing. Heard this on the coast to coast am show from last night.

*Bah old news
edit on 3-2-2012 by mojo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
Wow I thought they were supposed to wait... Considering punching threw is risking leaking tons and tons of chemicals into an untouched lake...

They agreed to warm water drilling instead but clearly they didn't want to wait any longer...
Russians....

Aside from that. Any forms of life they find down their in my opinion would confirm the extreme likeliness of life on Mars. Similar climates.
edit on 2-2-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

...same goes for Ios and Titan and pretty much anywhere where liquid water might exist under the surface. Cool. Be on the lookout for a creepy mist full of tentacles.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey, what gives? Last year they were just 30 meters from the lake - now this year they're just 30 meters from the lake???? (www.popsci.com/science/article/2011-02/winter-ices-lake-vostok-drilling-effort-sending-scientists-packing-another-year)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
This is awesome!!
I don't get why you people can't enjoy what we are living everyday... Stop being scared, what will happen, will happen.
Humans will never stop exploring, that's what we are. And if we are really concerned about the way our exploring and expansion is handled, the logical step is to get involved, not to whine about it...

S&F for some great news.

PS: Please, don't underestimate our scientists, they are not the dumb part of the population, you know?

You clearly have never spent any time in the company of scientists, I believe "dumb as a bag of hammers" would be a good way to describe them in a group setting. Are you aware that several scientists involved in the Manhattan project believed the first atomic bomb might destroy the entire planet and actually made wagers as they waited for the test in the desert? How incredibly stupid and careless these men were, and how incredibly stupid are we for trusting their judgement?
Right now these scientists are searching for the "god particle" and toying with neutrinos even though they have absolutely NO IDEA what these things are or how to control them. How many Bhopal disasters and Chernobyl's do we have to witness before society puts a leash on these people? How many women have to suffer from breast cancer before the resources being wasted on "boner pills" is channeled in the right direction? If our scientists were half as smart as we give them credit for they would have a basic Ben Franklin pro's and con's list filled out for every single experiment.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
These russians you speak of seem to be missing.
Missing scientist (FOXNews)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
My fellow ATS'ers...

The situation is apparently bleak. I fear we have lost fellow beings who were simply searching for the unknown,
As We All Are.

Instead of wasting our time speculating, Which I LOVE to Do( I am quite a speculator), we should direct our efforts towards receiving real answers!!!

I would like to ask you all favor, in order to figure out what really is happening down there we must come together and ask some questions!

Lets all join together in asking what really happened down there...
Lets all direct our questions to our local government officials and representatives VIA twitter or inter web .

We should also tweet and email any major news outlets... We should ask them to help us get to the bottom of this mystery!!

Regardless of what ever the story is in a few weeks, I fear that our fellow seekers of better understanding met a sad fate.... Most like exposer from the harsh elements common at the bottom of the world....

This is exactly even my point today.

We must ask for answers.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10111011
These russians you speak of seem to be missing.
Missing scientist (FOXNews)

Seems like something really suspicious is going on. I would think that there should be some sort of protocol in place for these kinds of situations. I do hope they are all ok and that nothing dire has happened to them.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 10111011

Well I for one don't trust Fox News, so I'm going to put this link in here, and hope we can believe them more than we can Fox News, but it's the only source I have for this information?!! So take it or leave it:

ST. PETERSBURG. Feb 3 (Interfax) - The Russian Antarctic polar expedition, which conducts well-drilling operations in the subglacial Lake Vostok, is working as usual, Deputy Director of the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute Alexander Danilov told Interfax on Friday. "Contact with them exists, is maintained, nothing happened there, everything is happening absolutely normally," Danilov said. Contact with the Russian scientists in Lake Vostok had been lost, several media outlets said earlier, citing U.S. scientists.

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join