It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA's New Claim: "Your Body Is a Drug—and We Have the Authority to Regulate It"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is becoming beyond RIDICULOUS,

Its time to start dragging these idiot power hungry greedy fools in Washington out and start hanging them from every tree.

They have no usefulness, they are only out for themselves and their interests.

this has to stop already.

NOBODY OWNS MY BODY BUT ME.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarist

Its time to start dragging these idiot power hungry greedy fools in Washington out and start hanging them from every tree.

Exactly the reaction the lobbyists who crafted this propaganda wanted. Please go back and read this post for further explanation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I will thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by SeekerLou

Thank you and Star! How I agree! For those not in the know, read your food's ingredients labels. Check out our poisoned food threads here on ATS.

What evil organ of government forces corporations to list ingredients on processed food packages?

Please ... the FDA lets corporations hide their ingredients through misleading ingredient names "natural flavoring". The FDA does not work to protect the people. It is an agency that works very much like the mafia for big pharm and big food. Only the ignorant or foolish can't see that.

edit on 3-2-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Flaw in the chaos theory: Chaos destroys thoughs who try to control it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Please ... the FDA lets corporations hide their ingredients through misleading ingredient names "natural flavoring". The FDA does not work to protect the people. It is an agency that works very much like the mafia for big pharm and big food.

Like any regulatory body, the FDA has the confusing mission to promote the industry it regulates. (Think of the FAA, the Department of Energy, the SEC and so forth.) No question, players in the industry know how to game the system. The FDA frequently makes calls that seem questionable, but actually please competing market sectors. For example, earlier in the thread, someone complained that the FDA does not require products containing GMO's to be labeled as such. This would make no difference to the sort of people who consider Twinkies food. For the people who actually read labels, however, they should assume that any product not otherwise labeled contains genetically modified organisms. This is great news for the organic food industry, because only food that meets the FDA's standards for "organic" products can bear a label that says "100% ORGANIC! CONTAINS NO GMOS!" Given how scary all the processed food is, it's worth paying a few extra dollars for the FDA's assurance that the "organic" product is as advertised. To the industry, this is a win-win situation.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Ah how sweet, you think that the FDA cares ....

That's why they approved aspartame .... because they care about people.

They're just doing their job aren't they?

Protecting the public?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Ah how sweet, you think that the FDA cares ....

That's why they approved aspartame .... because they care about people.

I didn't say the FDA cares, did I? They approved aspartame because studies showed it was safe. There have been claims to the contrary, but no hard data. If you're afraid of aspartame, don't drink diet soda. In fact, there are other good reasons not to drink diet soda. If clinical studies show that more than a small, specific population have adverse reactions to aspartame, the FDA will reverse itself... if only to cover its bureaucratic butt.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

They hold hands with the Big Pharma . Uh huh, they care

Someone was kind enough to post a link. Much appreciated...

Am sure this can be verified.

In case folk missed this:

According to the FDA itself, drug companies provide fully 60% of the FDA’s drug review costs—which means that the FDA’s review and regulation of pharmaceutical drugs is largely funded by the very drug companies under review!

www.anh-usa.org...

edit on 3-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: forgot the link!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

If clinical studies show that more than a small, specific population have adverse reactions to aspartame, the FDA will reverse itself... if only to cover its bureaucratic butt.

Yeah OK, keep drinking the aspartame laced cool aid.

And don't worry about me. I'm not waiting for the FDA approval on anything one way or another.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

According to the FDA itself, drug companies provide fully 60% of the FDA’s drug review costs—which means that the FDA’s review and regulation of pharmaceutical drugs is largely funded by the very drug companies under review!

Would you rather the $680,000,000 come out of the taxpayers' pockets? That's what the Alliance for Natural Health wants. It costs money to perform tests. Why shouldn't those who will receive the benefits pay for them?

www.fda.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Hi DJ

Understand your question however I do NOT have a solution for ANY of the messes we are in.

Wish I could solve all of the worlds problems and make them RIGHT.
Besides what good are the tests (oftimes) when they still allow poisons? Sounds like tax payers waste of money to some extent there, eh?
edit on 3-2-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And don't worry about me. I'm not waiting for the FDA approval on anything one way or another.

You keep missing the point. I don't favor artificial flavorings of any kind. I'm simply objecting to the flagrant twisting of the FDA's position by a commercial organization that has even less concern for the public's welfare than the FDA. I'm surprised at you, Megamind... you don't generally join lynch mobs.
edit on 3-2-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

OK i read it.

Question do you get your info from articles and statements like that?

Do you actually know someone in research or FDA ?

And i see you claim testing dollars comes from Pharm. Co., are you talking about Human or animal testing ?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarist

Question do you get your info from articles and statements like that?

When I read an article that makes inflammatory statements, I always seek out other sources. In this case, I went to the FDA to see what they actually said. It is not what the OP's source claimed. The OP was citing a biased source with a clear agenda.

Do you actually know someone in research or FDA ?

I don't know anyone in the FDA, although I've known medical and biological researchers. More importantly, I know people who work for Big Pharma, and know how corrupt it really is. The point is, I actually understand what's really going on. I'm not fantasizing about it and stating my opinion as fact... the way most people here are doing.

And i see you claim testing dollars comes from Pharm. Co., are you talking about Human or animal testing ?

All I know is what I read on the FDA's website. Presumably that covers both.

Just curious.

Curious is good; it gets you to examine both sides of every issue. Trust me, I am not defending Big Pharma, I'm trying to point out that "Alt Pharma" is no better. The FDA is like a playground monitor that has a soft spot for bullies. It has no choice but to break up fights, but it isn't necessarily fair about handing out detention slips.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Research Kobe Bryant and Germany. While I'm sure that your knowledge based encompasses all of the US based "quack" procedures, maybe Germany's efforts might enlighten you - I happen to know for a fact that his "claims" the treatment worked are warrented. I have a friend who is a noted oncologist and I once said "would you take that crap you prescribe for people?" "He said never, but people want it because the believe it is a cure - of course it is a treatment." So quackery is subjective.

I think the point of the post is not that the treatment is good or bad or right or wrong, but at what point is the line crossed where a government funded agency simply deems you a piece of commerce and regulates you as such. It should also be noted that the FDA is NOT, NOT, concerned with health - read the title of the agency. The FDA is concerned with commerce, money, profit, and what it think is "fair trade." Were it actually a health organization it would be called Human Health Food and Drug Safety or some such thing. "Administration" is NOT "Health."

Others are correct about TPTB not wanting people in a healthy regenerative+ state and will do anything to stop it. It is clear to me the sports witch-hunt against Steroids is simply a giant PR campaign to indoctrinate folks from seeking supplements that would simply bring their hormone levels back to "normal" but the State wants docile, metrosexual slaves - masculine, hormone balanced slaves scare them.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

I think the point of the post is not that the treatment is good or bad or right or wrong, but at what point is the line crossed where a government funded agency simply deems you a piece of commerce and regulates you as such.

Please read what the FDA actually said. This entire thread is a straw man.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

What I was trying to say...

Is "this chemical is produced and regulated by my body; therefor, it is not proper to make the introduction of a supplemental, external source illegal."

was that there are many plants in the world that are chemical replicas to chemicals produced by your body.

And this has what, exactly, to do with the concept of FDA jurisdiction and/or the legal status of said plant?

I would give you a real good lesson in natural chemicals and there interaction with your body but i've already got in sh*t for trying to do this before

I'm sure you could.

On the other hand, I can kill someone with your flower bed. Slowly, quickly, painfully, tracelessly... the options are innumerable.

I'll see your source-blogs and raise you herbal encyclopedias and chemistry class.

Do yourself a favour and do some research on something before you completely blow sh*t out the window.

It's always cute when people think they remember information correctly, much less possess the faculties to properly utilize it.

Your argument, however, is fallacious. Your body produces and regulates its own chemical balances. Introduction of foreign substances (particularly those done so with the intent of skewing that balance); whether the drug exists naturally within your body, or not, is something that falls under legal jurisdiction (at the state level, constitutionally).

Now, run along.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You keep missing the point. I don't favor artificial flavorings of any kind. I'm simply objecting to the flagrant twisting of the FDA's position by a commercial organization that has even less concern for the public's welfare than the FDA. I'm surprised at you, Megamind... you don't generally join lynch mobs.
edit on 3-2-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

I'm not missing any points. The FDA is disgusting. It is used, yes used, to stamp its worthless seal of approval on harmful crap peddled to an ignorant public that stupidly trusts this governmental body with their health.

Its worse than just buying off the head of the FDA with a seat on the board of a big pharm company after he retires from the FDA. It's nothing less than murder. People are dying slowly at the hands of big pharm and big food. If this were a Nazi concentration camp you would be outraged. You should be outraged.

The FDA, USDA, Big Pharm and organizations like the AMA run a health dictatorship in this country to simultaneously ruin our health and profit from the so called "treatment". It's Evil pure and simple.

Anyone defending the FDA cannot possibly know whats going on or they must getting paid to defend it. In which case they are no different from those they defend.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Or maybe its the fda that's really a drug.
O_o

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join