It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA's New Claim: "Your Body Is a Drug—and We Have the Authority to Regulate It"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

FDA's New Claim: "Your Body Is a Drug—and We Have the Authority to Regulate It"

www.anh-usa.org

In another outrageous power-grab, FDA says your own stem cells are drugs—and stem cell therapy is interstate commerce because it affects the bottom line of FDA-approved drugs in other states!

We wish this were a joke, but it’s the US Food and Drug Administration’s latest claim in its battle with a Colorado clinic over its Regenexx-SD™ procedure, a non-surgical treatment for people suffering from moderate to severe joint or bone pain using adult stem cells.

The FDA asserts in a court document...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
health impactnews.com

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is getting ridiculous folks. It's most definitely a crazy world that we live in.

Just wanted to call your attention to this latest.

They shouldn't have ANY rights regulating MY body. I am not a drug!
Is the regulating of our bodies going to be with forcing the implants next? Hmmm... makes one think , doesn't it?

www.anh-usa.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
with all these rediculous statements made by people in power, i am really starting to believe that people up top are systematically trying to create chaos in every part of our lives. seems like its all gonna come crashing down whether we try to stop it or not.

maybe they want to bring everything down and start from scratch, maybe its the whole order out of chaos theory and the new world order, its all becoming too much to handle

the one smartest thing ive ever heard Obama say was a day before the iowa caucus, a MSM reporter asked him if he is going to watch the debates on tv.. he replied.......i dont watch TV
edit on 2-2-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Just a point to note about this. Since stem cells come from a person they do have to be harvested. A figure I hear a few years back is that parts harvested from a person go for about two hundred fifty thousand u.s. dollars. If the FDA gets involved that means they will have say in how that is now done with the stem cells. Point being money might be the motivator.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Dangit - and I thought we were all classified as corporations.
Now I'm a drug. Am I illegal?

This is beyond ridiculous. Longtime ago. Informative post.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
They are already trying to patent the human genome.. so why not

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

The primary role of adult stem cells in a living organism is to maintain and repair the tissue in which they are found. The hard part has been to get enough of them. But new technology is giving doctors the ability to obtain more stem cells from a patient than previously thought possible, which is why we’re now seeing new treatments. Blood, fat, or tissue is withdrawn from the patient, stem cells are obtained using one of these new processes, and the cells are injected back into the patient where they can repair the patient’s tissue.

It would seem the interests that back the FDA don't want you receiving any treatments that are regenerative, including using your own stem cells back on you. The fact that people come to this clinic from out of state suggests to them that interstate commerce is being conducted, which justifies federal involvement. This is pushing the boundaries the federal government is willing to overstep when it wants to consider your own body parts as "drugs" to justify the FDA as the agency to intervene in this matter.

The FDA and myself fail to see eye-to-eye on several issues but this one is really a big over-step. We should be concerned where this is going if allowed to set precedence.

It would seem part of the solution is to have this sort of clinic doing this practice in each and every state so no interstate commerce need be involved. Just make it more widely available and problem solved, no?

edit on 2-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
America scares the # out of me.

Whats that smell?

It's not just America .. it's stupidity that should scare you, and that is an epidemic .. America just happens to be one of the largest contaminated regions

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Quite simply, the FDA is trying to bust a quack. The clinic is performing a medical procedure that has not been proven effective in clinical trials. They are stretching a bit with their rationalization for claiming jurisdiction in this matter, but if they can make it stick, they will be able to prosecute other greedy people claiming to be performing "stem cell therapy." Yes, it's about money. Quacks take money from gullible suckers who are desperate for a cure.
edit on 2-2-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Since what we write is a matter of expressing what we think, and how we think is an interaction of chemicals, then what you write is a side-effect of the "chemicals".

The FDA should start moderating. . . . . IF THEY AREN'T ALREADY!!!

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Quite simply, the FDA is trying to bust a quack. The clinic is performing a medical procedure that has not been proven effective in clinical trials. They are stretching a bit with their rationalization for claiming jurisdiction in this matter, but if they can make it stick, they will be able to prosecute other greedy people claiming to be performing "stem cell therapy." Yes, it's about money. Quacks take money from gullible suckers who are desperate for a cure.

Gov. Rick Perry received this kind of stem cell therapy.

Who decides what is quackery, and by what measure? Who should decide what treatments we choose to use or what goes into our own bodies, those who approve aspartame for general consumption?

edit on 2-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
edit on 2-2-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

and the article says the FDA is protecting FDA approved drugs. So you are right, quacks (FDA) taking money from guilible suckers (patients) who are desperate for a cure (for cancer).

Moreover, interstate commerce is substantially affected because individuals traveling to Colorado to have the Regenexx procedure would “depress the market for out-of-state drugs that are approved by FDA.”

edit on 2-2-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Who decides what is quackery, and by what measure? Who should decide what treatments we use or what goes into their own body, those who approve aspartame?

It's called "evidence based medicine," and it seems to be a dirty word in some quarters. The FDA is far from perfect, as it certainly favors "Big Pharma." I would recommend using one's own judgement before assuming an FDA seal of approval guarantees that a drug, additive or "foodstuff" is genuinely safe or efficacious. Nevertheless, there is a grey area of "alternative treatments" that fall outside the FDA's bailiwick and are not supported by the AMA. These are generally fads that take advantage of public interest in advancing fields, like genetics. If you read the article, you will notice that the procedure is trademarked. The company is a for profit franchise. If it is going to make money by promising that it can deliver a good or service, it needs to prove that it can deliver. Double blind studies in peer reviewed journals are the way to do this. If the procedure is effective, it gives individuals a legitimate choice. If it is not effective, it's a scam. An endorsement from Rick Perry is, at best, meaningless.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Complete and utter insanity.

The FDA is really taking things a tad bit too far these days. Somebody needs to get up and do something about this. Americans really need to start paying attention, writting letters and marching on the offices of these places who are violating your rights.

Just another useless government agency, going for a money grab.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I am sorry for the attitude here but I believe all the think tanks and elites that come up with this sick stuff should be strung up, literally.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join