It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar Should Be Regulated As Toxin, Researchers Say

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
are they not aware that fruit contains a high amount of sugar?!

damn natural plants and their evil toxins!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
fact antifreeze tastes sweet keep it stored in a sealed container to keep it away from kids.
i agree so called corn sugar also known as fructose is a very bad sweetener the reason its in so much stuff is its way cheaper than can sugar . sodas used to be light and refreshing after a base ball game grabbing an ice cold coca cola out of cooler was a treat now sodas have so much corn syrup high in fructose that they are thick to drink.
make kids kool aid from packs not presweetened then you can regulate how much sugar they drinking or do like the ancestors boil a pot of spearmint tea refrigerate no need to add sugar and have nice clean smelling breath

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
as someone who loves sweets and deserts

this will be the final straw that leads to revolution

and theres people who take their deserts MUCH more serious then me, i dont even like those cupcake shows on the food network

imagine what those people will do!

in a way this is a good thing, this will unite many around our country to take on the repulsive, oppressive and tyrannical regime that has hijacked our nation

1st we heard of chocolate shortages due to problems in africa

now we have our sugar being attacked

im pretty sure if this continues........

there will be blood

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
we could replace it with Fluoride! the only 100% non toxic always beneficial for young or old male or female no matter what medical conditions we have

in fact we should ban food altogether and just consume Fluoride

here's hoping that Aspartame is involved somewhere it's sweet and unnatural therefore guaranteed healthy

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by j4k3h

well it is kind of hard to avoid a substance that is almost everything we eat. I personally love sugar but I don't eat alot. Just enough to keep me going.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovesecret
as someone who loves sweets and deserts

this will be the final straw that leads to revolution

and theres people who take their deserts MUCH more serious then me, i dont even like those cupcake shows on the food network

imagine what those people will do!

in a way this is a good thing, this will unite many around our country to take on the repulsive, oppressive and tyrannical regime that has hijacked our nation

1st we heard of chocolate shortages due to problems in africa

now we have our sugar being attacked

im pretty sure if this continues........

there will be blood

haha
expecting to see your comments sometime in the future in FDA research linking sugar consumption to anti-establishment behaviour and violent thoughts

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Well, as humans we have a tendency to view things within a cultural frame work that does not necessarily match some "universal", contextual objectivity.

What I mean can be summed up in the following. Would you consider a cucumber a fruit or a vegetable?

...it's a fruit. Along with avocado, eggplant, and bell peppers.

Now, that's a question of our cultural perception versus biology. That is to say, our cultural perception - as determined by how we view something like a cucumber or the others I mentioned - says that those plant-based items are used in savory ways, be them salads, guacamole, pasta dishes or curry. Yet, the fact of the matter is that nature knows what they are. They are the fruit of their parent plant.

In fact, vegetable is not really a concrete, scientific term (at least not in the general culinary sense). There is no universal, biological objectivity that correlates a celery stock and tuber, such as a potato. Yet, in our culture, these disparate plant parts are seen as a uniform class that are wholly distinct from apples, bananas, and rhubarb, for that matter.

Sugar is the processed, crystaline residue of the sugar cane plant. You could just as easily crush the cane to make juice with not nearly the same sugar content as processed sugar.

All things being equal, take the coca plant. The natives of Bolivia, for example, take the leaves and chew them. Yet, if you process those same leaves into a white, powdery crystaline form, they become a very potent stimulant.

What's the difference? It's all culturally subjective: sugar goes into food that we consume orally; coc aine goes up our noses. As far as nature is objectively "concerned", it's still a reduction/purification of the original to only the base compound that is de-contextualized and used to meet a certain physical reaction within the human body (one that is whole different then drinking sugar cane juice or chewing coca leaves).

In other words, just because we "eat" sugar and "snort" coc aine doesn't mean that one is more or less toxic/detrimental/addictive/choose your word. I mean, you could drink ginger tea for a cold or eat leafy green vegetables to get iron and vitamin C...it doesn't mean that we would call them "pills"; or vice versa that we would call pills "food". These are just issues of cultural norms and Gestalt classification.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
we should all be aware by now everything the planet provides for us naturally is bad and can't be trusted and its the duty of our governments to put flouride in the water and genetically modify food in order for us to survive as heaven forbid what would happen if you was to eat or drink something natural!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirko

post removed by staff

haha
expecting to see your comments sometime in the future in FDA research linking sugar consumption to anti-establishment behaviour and violent thoughts

my kind will be the new biggest threat to homeland security

extremist bakers!

our sweet paraphernalia must never be confiscated!

It would be like the Prohibition on alcohol except with blackmarket bakeries and criminal cupcakeries

edit on Fri Feb 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hmm, I know the OP mentioned "other sweeteners" but my spidey sense is telling me that this will further pave the way aspartame in lieu of sugar.

The majority will fall for it. Think of all those diet soda cretins.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirko
It would be like the Prohibition on alcohol except with blackmarket bakeries and criminal cupcakeries

Education > Prohibition

Prohibition is a band-aid.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by dawnstar

I have an old Betty Crocker cookbook from the 50's.

Everything is cups of sugar and pounds of straight lard.

Yet where was obesity then? Where were all the fat kids?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

THIS

My grandparents on both sides of my family lived to be in their 80s and beyond and they ate sugar when they were younger and lard and my grandmother cooked from those types of old books and always made recipe's that her mother made from those kinds of books and none of them were ever obese or anything. The natural stuff is ok but again, EVERYTHING must be taken in moderation. Hell, even drinking too much water can kill you, should we outlaw/regulate that too?
edit on 2/2/2012 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Refined sugars affect the human body like a drug. Eating processed foods with high sugar content causes the body to create large amounts of stress hormones, for example adrenaline. By consuming too much sugar physical symptoms result which is associated with anxiety, these can include rapid heart rate, feeling edgy and sweating.

The amount of times I have watched TV to see parents who put their children on all types of mind altering drugs to deal with ADD and ADHD, and the kids are there drinking coke and eating lollies.

Like seriously cut out refined sugars and processed foods and see the results. Eat only whole foods that means stuff that either grows in the ground or walks around on four legs and a complete physical and mental transformation will occur.

In my opinion the consumption of processed foods, sugars, artificial sweeteners and preservatives is the biggest modern day mistake humans have made. Don't forget at a point in history people thought it was a good idea to use mercury in the brims of hats.

To the people who claim fruit has sugar. Yes it does but it also contains vitamins, minerals and fibre. This fibre is important to help your body process the sugar in a 'healthy' way. Meaning your body’s blood sugar level will not spike followed by the blood sugar level dropping too low. Fruit can also be abused this is why it is recommended to have only 2-3 pieces a day.

If you just don't feel right on your current diet, try the no processed foods, no sugar diet. Eat only whole foods every 3 hours, 5 times a day. You won't regret it.
edit on 2-2-2012 by alphawhisky because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

60 years ago there were no video games. Most kids went to school then played outside until the street lights came on. The average family didn't have a tv in every room in the house. If you wanted to socialize you had to go out, you could plop on the couch and tweet, or instant message.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthOej

60 years ago there were no video games. Most kids went to school then played outside until the street lights came on. The average family didn't have a tv in every room in the house. If you wanted to socialize you had to go out, you could plop on the couch and tweet, or instant message.

we know that, but you can't blame it all on video games, its like your defending them putting all those chemicals in our life.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I will tell you what....kids eat WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR AND JUNK FOOD! When I was very young...before 10 years old...I was chubby...and my Dad...being MILITARY...wasn't going to put up with that so....NO MORE CANDY AND NO MORE SUGARY SODA.

I still ate like a horse but I ate Straight Protiens like a Steak, Chicken, Fish...not battered but grilled, Turkey, Pork....and alot of Deer Meat as our family is riddled with hunters. I also ate as much vegtables as I wished but only a maximum of TWO piece of Fruit a day...and this next thing is important....I YOGURT A DAY...preferably one that does not have any High Fructose Corn Syrup in it....no TV dinners but we had a Pizza now and then.

I started loosing weight QUICKLY anf I still stick to this diet as I work out every day even if it is just for 30 minutes. My total approx. Caloric intake....3500cal. Almost all from protien or the Apple and orange or Banana I eat two of a day....sometimes I will just eat one Avacado instead of the two fruit and I ALWAYS eat my salad last and I am Big on Homemade Ceasar Salad with homemade dresssing. For two people....in a blender....1 raw egg...Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste...x-virgin olive oil....anchovie paste...dijon mustard...fresh squeezed lemon...I own a indoor Lemon Tree...one garlic clove...but just a little lemon....Gratted Parmigiano reggiano cheese....BLEND UNTIL IT BECOMES A PASTE. I have an Organic Garden but you can use 2 to three Romain Lettuse Hearts as fresh grown are MUCH LARGER and I only need one. Also have on hand a can of black pitted olives and Ceasar Salad Crutons...basicly rye and pumpernicle garlic and butter infused cubes of bread. If you like...fresh crumbled Bacon is good with it and salt and pepper to taste after cutting Romain into 2.5 inch by 2.5 inch squares.

My point is that as long as you eat protiens...carbs from vegetables and leafy greens as well as fruits and DO NOT EAT....SUGARS, PREMADE MEALS, PASTA, BREAD, POTATOS, FAST FOODS....or drink...SUGARED OR HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP INFUSSED FRUIT JUICES....have a glass of ORANGE JUICE INSTEAD....and work out 30 minutes a day....i tend to spend 4 days a week doing extreme physical workouts in many different types as if you confuse your muscles they burn alot of calories healing....so I BURN CALORIES LYING ON MY BED ASLEEP.

If you do what I have just laid out...you can eat like a HORSE....and still LOOSE WEIGHT AND GAIN MUSCLE! It is when a person STARVES THEMSELVES they start gaining weight because the body starts producing CORTISOL....and this makes you gain weight. If you drink...try to drink VODKA or RUM with Soda Water or Diet soda but be careful...DIET SODA CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE! I eat HUGE AMOUNTS OF FOOD...but not chips or boxed snacks....if I want a snack at 4 am....I eat an Apple or I will make an Omlette...or even cook a steak...A BIG ONE AT THAT...but keep away cookies, candy and anything with SUGAR!
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
People want to make POT legal and reg Sugar WTF

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow -- glad to see people are finally figuring this stuff out.

I posted 114 distinctly different links on why sugar is poison and what should be done on the Coca-Cola Conspiracy thread right here

So I'm something of an expert now.

Basically people freak about taxing sugar.

Guess what -- everyone here already is taxed on HFCS.

So all we have to do is take away the welfare that goes to ADM to make HFCS.

Welfare:

Moreover, every $1 of profits earned by ADM's corn sweetener operation costs consumers $10

So basically the real cost of a 16 oz. bottle of soda is $4 not $1.

Just take away the welfare and there's no need for a tax of a couple cents a can which is the current proposal.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One more thing for the Totalitarian Nanny State to regulate. Time to go buy another bag of sugar. Aspartame is toxic but the FDA approved it, now regular cane sugar is going to be regulated? I think Congress has really gone berserk.

The ramifications of this would be way over the top. Sugar is in everything. I bet the food lobbies will protest. Any processed foods, Con Agra alone could probably prevent such a ridiculous piece of legislation.

edit on 2-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join