It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar Should Be Regulated As Toxin, Researchers Say

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

You may think of me as elitist, but if well educated equals elitist, I guess I'm guilty as charged.

No, I said that to you because you spoke to me as if I had no right to say anything. I have no idea who the hell you are. I don't your know creditably and the very fact you think I should bow down and proclaim your rightness not knowing who you are is rather silly. Fullstop-I don't know you.

Your area of experience varies from mine. I'm saying - don't argue with a professional in area that you are an amateur.

Prove it.

Just trust me that concentrated sweets in moderation are not bad, but in excess they are bad, just like moderate alcohol consumtion is not bad, and moderate sunlight exposure is not bad, but in excess anything is bad.

No, I don't know you.

As for what you are saying-Did you even watch that video. He's a medical doctor and he said the same freaking thing I did. So if you guys can't even agree with each other what the hell are we to do?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's all about moderation too much of anythings poison.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
sugar is yummy...so is..

Fat... preferably bacon fat

nicotine...ahh sweet mother nicotine!

alchohol...enuf said...

caffeine yes!!

government trying to ruin my quality of life!!!

frig-off

I'm quite happy to die 20 yrs earlier than I am supposed to.

My wife is a nurse in a "old folks home".....

these people are miserable zombies..peddling around in wheel chairs and diapers..wondering when it's "snack-time"

I will die of sugar "poisoning " long before that happens......thank-you.
edit on 2-2-2012 by wrathchild because: happy death

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

I love all of those things too... not so much the alcohol, but the rest... I'm with ya brother.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
reply to post by Binder

"wow are you seriously a medical professional?" - (Absolutely)

You write:

This state is relatively safe as long as you consume enough food that can be converted to glucose because the body CANNOT manufacture it on its own, to run your central nervous system because the CNS only runs on glucose, nothing else will work. (completely true, and vetable statement. If the CNS can utilize an energy source other than glucose please inform me, and I'll put you in for a nobel prize. You'll be a mega rich elitist overnight)

"YES your body can produce glucose from FAT (1o%)" (NO it cannot, it can take fat apart, and extract the glucose from it, but it does not MANUFACTURE glucose from hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen C6H12O6. That would be like saying I created gasoline out of a pump at the gas station)

"PROTEIN 58%" (NO, NO, NO, ketones and amino acids come from protein, not sugar in any form. Look up ketosis lipolysis, educate yourself, and quit arguing with someone a thousand times more informed than you in this subject matter)

" AND CARBS." (Yes, glucose is derived from carbohydrates, you finally got 1 right.)

"If you are not eating, which you imply,(I never implied any such thing) you will starve. Wow, what an observation.(you made it not me, those are your words, they did not come from my keyboard.) Do they give out medical degrees fro such insightful knowledge nowadays?" (No, but they do for accurate, and correct assimilation of current knowledge, which you seem to lack on this topic.)

Anyway wise guy, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK PRODUCES GLUCOSE IN YOUR BODY?(little green men?
, you tell me. WHO?)

God, fda? (Nothing produces glucose in your body, it is extracted from the food you eat that is broken down(catabolism) into it's most basic components so that it is bioavailable for use by the cells of the body, a process refered to as cellular respiration. Google glycolysis, and glyconeogenesis. Although at a glance glyconeogenesis appears to be manufacture of glucose, it is not, it is a recombinant process from glucagon stores in the liver)

"What gives?" (indeed)

"Your body does, didn't you learn anything in medical school?" (My body does what? I learned about a whole bunch of stuff my body does, to what are you referring?)

"Or is this the medical school of creationism?" (2nd best school of advanced degree nursing in the nation at the time if you must know.)

"Do you really think refined processed carbs are needed not to die, as you imply?" (Never said that, in fact I said exactly the opposite, but your comprehension seems to be slow, that's why I'm itemizing everything for you. I said you need a certain amount of food with enough carbohydate that can be broken down into glucose to feed your brain. Not a lot, but some, about 30 grams a day. That's like 1 piece of whole wheat bread, or half a piece of fruit, etc...)

"Maybe you should bring out the scientific lingo, some of us can understand it." ( Some can.)

"Your body needs not excess sugar,"(Yoda would agree.)

" all is derived from carbs,(true) proteins(false) and fats(partially true)"
"Is that hard to understand?" (evidently it is because you are not getting it.)

"I havent eaten sugar or salt for years." (You have or you would be dead. You would have a starved brain, and no electron potential accross the synapses of your neurons if you had truly consumed no sugar, or salt)

No refined sugar, only that which is found in unprocessed whole foods, as god or the universe intended.(Ok, that I can believe. As I said your point is valid, but your rationale is completely wrong.)

Am I dead?(are you?)
Am I in heaven?(I am not a philosopher.)

Obviously this was referencing processed and totally unnecessary refined sugars and carbs.
DUH.(At the molecular level your body doesn't know the difference, DUH!, it is ratio of proper consumption, and nutrient density that is the issue, not refinement. The added junk in processing robs nutritive value, and adds hard to process metabolites(nitrates, etc.) but is ok in small quantities.)

You seriously misrepresent. (No I believe that is what I accused you of doing.)

How the hell did we survive 199.9OO years without processed refined carbs?
Tell me!(Just fine. I never said we needed them. I'm not the one preaching that they are evil, and wholly unuseful either though. Over consumed/produced, yes. Inherently bad, evil, and "toxic", NO.)

edit on 2-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You have every right to say whatever you want, as do I. I don't think you should bow to anyone, ever. You should educate yourself further, and not take my word for it, but in so doing you will find I am right, but then it will be your knowledge, rightfully earned, and much more valuable to you.

That would require a violation of privacy to prove. My state licensure data also contains personal contact info, No thanks.

I can source a lot more doctors, and nutritionist that would agree with what I'm saying. I've seen doctors kill people. Isn't that comforting? Doctor's always right. Right? The initials MD don't impress me in the least unless I know the person behind the initials. Like I said my job is to fix doctor's mistakes.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Aspartame kills, and so does sugar. I am on a low carb diet that prohibits the use of sugar. I have lost weight quickly and I feel lighter. Sugar brings me up then crashes me down. I got tired of the fat.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

agreed.

i hate the people that have messed up our way of life, they take away our freedoms and add chemicals to our food, they force us into contact with fluoride and censor our internet to limit our consumption of free information.

they try to close our minds.

i only have hope.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I know you are right!
Back in the day when my kids were still kids, it would be amazing how their morale would get a boost as I would pull my cinnamon buns out of the oven.
In tough times, the simple things are what help us cling.
And times are hard and getting harder.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

I just had to log in because your first Point of Challenge is WRONG. The brain does use glucose/CNS as a fuel but you DO NOT need to consume glucose OR carbohydrates in order to supply the CNS with carbohydrates/glucose. DID YOU EVER HEAR OF GLUCONEOGENESIS???? Please don't use your high school level of scientific knowledge to support your claims.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Amen. All the kids were OUTSIDE playing baseball or getting dirty in the local pond. Remember getting dirty outside playing???

"Put the Xbox down and go put on your sneaks and get your butt outside." (the most fatherly thing I say to my son). "I don't want to see you until the sun does down.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
It's all about moderation too much of anythings poison.

Common Sense? No way! Moderation is the key to life.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
but aspartame and high fructose corn syrup is fine

link   
sorry mods please remove
edit on 2-2-2012 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

link   
sorry mods please remove

link   
sorry mods please remove

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by j4k3h

Look at how obese this world is... connect the dot's i'd elaborate further but its astounding how little people know about the one thing they eat the most of... don't breed ignorance.

I do not wish to be rude but the first thing that came to my mind when I read your reply was,

Why not make it a law that everybody has to exercise for and hour a day

I mean these laws or (suggestions of regulations) is getting a little out of hand................

More laws = less freedoms.......
More regulation = less freedoms...........

There shoould be a law, that there are no new laws, and we are "weeding" through the laws that are "problem laws".

Laws

Sorry, I feel better now

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

In my opinion, they are only making such a big stink about sugar in order to further promote those borderline-toxic artificial sweeteners that are in everything these days. Think about it, there are many types of sugars. Complex, simple, glucose, fructose, sucrose, and the list goes on. The brain needs glucose, mitochondriae need sucrose. The only truly harmful sugar that I can think of is fructose, but only because it is used so widely (which I believe is to perpetuate the myth that ALL sugars are bad for you). Remember the carbohydrate scare? Guess what gives your body 90% of its energy.
All of the developments that I've heard of from the USDA, FDA and other food and drug "authorities" seem to be designed to make us more unhealthy, so that they may then prescribe another drug that wouldn't be needed otherwise. Problem-reaction-solution at it's finest/worst again I guess.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't think it's some vast conspiracy. The diet industry is big business and it wouldn't be if people didn't want it. Artificial sweeteners exist because people want the sweet taste but they don't want the calories. Unfourtently it's really no better for you. The bottom line is yes, sugar might not be bad for you in moderation, but what is moderation? What amount is that?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I don't think it's some vast conspiracy. The diet industry is big business and it wouldn't be if people didn't want it. Artificial sweeteners exist because people want the sweet taste but they don't want the calories. Unfourtently it's really no better for you. The bottom line is yes, sugar might not be bad for you in moderation, but what is moderation? What amount is that?
That is how I see it. Star on that post.

As far as where to draw the line, different people have different metabolic rates, different lifestyles and exercise regimens..... so it is a pretty undefined line.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join