It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar Should Be Regulated As Toxin, Researchers Say

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I agree with you.
Now the trap has been set.
So what do you think causes these issues?
let me guess genetic inheritance.
WRONG.
but tell me, your high horse argument.

CANCER is a self defense mechanism of the body.
What is it fighting wise guy?

ohh, and I am totally against regulation, reread my posts.
Corn subsidies should also be stopped though. its only fair.

WHAT DO YOU THINK CAUSES THESE ISSUES?
I think childhood diabetes was in question, not the inherited type.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I agree with you.
Now the trap has been set.
So what do you think causes these issues?
let me guess genetic inheritance.
WRONG.
but tell me, your high horse argument.

CANCER is a self defense mechanism of the body.
What is it fighting wise guy?

ohh, and I am totally against regulation, reread my posts.
Corn subsidies should also be stopped though. its only fair.

WHAT DO YOU THINK CAUSES THESE ISSUES?
I think childhood diabetes was in question, not the inherited type.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Childhood diabetes is the inherited type. Type 1 diabetes.

www.netdoctor.co.uk...

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

American diabetes association.
Not all childhood diabetes are inherited:
www.diabetes.org...

I obvioulsy made clear, what I was talking about.
Now you just make stuff up.
Perhaps time to stop?

link   

www.diabetes.org...

Perhaps time to stop?

link   

www.diabetes.org...

Perhaps time to stop?

link   

Sorry, bad net connection. many post. how to delete?

edit on 5-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

No BBalazs, I think we agree more than we disagree. What do I think might be causing an increase in diabetes in children is the question that you are asking me????

Well for one thing, as I mentioned in a previous thread - the definition of diabetes was changed in 1998. The fasting blood sugar level (AC1) at which a person would be officially diagnosed as having diabetes was dropped almost 1 full point from 7.8 to 7.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

So the question I have is - is the increase in childhood diabetes really an increase or is it an artifact of this change in definition?

Tired of Control freaks

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
reply to post by BBalazs

No BBalazs, I think we agree more than we disagree. What do I think might be causing an increase in diabetes in children is the question that you are asking me????

Well for one thing, as I mentioned in a previous thread - the definition of diabetes was changed in 1998. The fasting blood sugar level (AC1) at which a person would be officially diagnosed as having diabetes was dropped almost 1 full point from 7.8 to 7.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

So the question I have is - is the increase in childhood diabetes really an increase or is it an artifact of this change in definition?

Tired of Control freaks

yes, we agree on many issues.
the body is a whole, such "standards" are idiotic, but lets not delude ourselves, our genome has been showed to adapt to changing circumstances, not just generationally, but in perpetual motion.
you may discount this, but it is a fact.
high blood pressure has also been changed from 14o, to 12o.
but what actually matters is blood pressure difference. i am a living testament to these facts.
had i taken drugs peddled to control high blood pressure, I would probably have been dead or impotent.
but back to the genome...heredatary or not, it really makes no difference...our genomes feed of the nutrients we give them.
depriving ourselves of nutrient rich foods, will hit the genome faster then many think.
eating this crap that is sold as food, is suicide.
people should be made aware.
supporting this fact is the childhood diabetes cn be reversed. if it was hereditary and the genome was just an unchanging sequence of molecules, this could not happen...because whatever a way you go about it, you get back to: NUTRITION, aka food.
off course balance matters.
but an utterly useless ingredient as hfcs is totally unnecessary. if there is a conspiracy this is it. part of it.
although i just think it is a matter of errors, faulty thinking and greed.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I agree with almost everything you said (except for the part about diabetes being reversed)

I think when you talk about diabetes being "reversed", you are referring to the differences in blood sugar control. You can temporarily reverse the need for medical by controlling nutrient intake and by increasing metabolic uptake (exercise) but diabetes is a progressive disease and ultimately the need to take medication will return, if you live long enough. However, there is a decided advantage to putting off the inevitable for as long as you can.

We agree that sugar should NOT be regulated.

Do you agree that this opinion piece by this researcher is simply part of marketing campaign to "denormalize" fat people and set them up for the same type of financial rape, humiliation etc to which smokers are currently treated.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
reply to post by BBalazs

I agree with almost everything you said (except for the part about diabetes being reversed)

I think when you talk about diabetes being "reversed", you are referring to the differences in blood sugar control. You can temporarily reverse the need for medical by controlling nutrient intake and by increasing metabolic uptake (exercise) but diabetes is a progressive disease and ultimately the need to take medication will return, if you live long enough. However, there is a decided advantage to putting off the inevitable for as long as you can.

We agree that sugar should NOT be regulated.

Do you agree that this opinion piece by this researcher is simply part of marketing campaign to "denormalize" fat people and set them up for the same type of financial rape, humiliation etc to which smokers are currently treated.

Tired of Control Freaks

it depends which diabetes your are referring to.
one more important but overlooked point.
enzymes.
hfcs, and processed food with hfcs is almost totally devoid of enzymes.
enzymes are what is needed for nutrition.
without enzymes or lack of, there is but one thing: death.
they (hfcs, processed food) cannot be digested as such, no or very few nutrients are drawn. even those nutrients are not balanced in the way that our body is adapted to. so it will pace undue burden on a system. what happens when a system is burdened? it starts to crack.
it truly is empty calories.
suicide by food.

i don't know, but my impression was not a denomalization of fat people.
i think the original idea was to spread the knowledge of hfcs to the masses, so that they may become better aware.
but probably denomalization is what MAY happen.
pieces like these are used as propaganda.
my only contribution to this, is that I too would like to use articles like this, to further my own goals.
I would like to see supermarkets where 5o% or more is fresh organic produce (nor processed).
I would like to see healthy people around me, and I think this is primarily achieved through a better understanding of nutrition.
i think a large number of people who are overweight, are not aware of the many causes behind their weight gain, but most are linked to processed foods.
I would like to see a medical community that treats the body as it is, a whole system.
I would like people to be educated as to the real issues behind this.
In my opinion the real issue behind this, is processed foods and education.

I do agree that a separate and rule attitude is prevailing in both the media and politics.
As long as such attitudes are maintained we will be forever at each others throats, not acknowledging simple facts of nutrition, because of beliefs and politics, whilst those in the background dump their toxic dog foods upon us.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by j4k3h
It makes sence... Why not research Sugar.. the effects and the modern day problems due to refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup...

Look at how obese this world is... connect the dot's i'd elaborate further but its astounding how little people know about the one thing they eat the most of... don't breed ignorance.

Has more to do with Fructose Corn Syrup. As that stuff is a flat out poison. Goes directly to your liver(where it is processed) then to your fat cells. After I learned how the body process fructose I can't even stomach to drink it anymore. I knew it was bad for me(so started to cut down), but after I learned how toxic it is, I honestly want to cry in fear of what damage I might of done to my body. I don't say this lightly, if you stack up the evidence and how pervasive HFCS is in our society, it is more dangerous then smoking.

All these parents that buy their kid's HFCS products might as well of given them 3 packs of smokes a day

Please stop eating this toxic poison! I am serious. Before you buy something check the labels! Try and buy kosher bread(as it doesn't have HFCS) and stuff if your a lazy shopper as that stuff tends to be free of HFCS!

www.princeton.edu...
www.naturalnews.com...
lowcarbdiets.about.com...
naturalsociety.com...
naturalsociety.com...
naturalsociety.com...
www.livestrong.com...
articles.mercola.com...

And yet another link to help spread how dangerous High Fructose Corn Syrup truly is.

www.foodanddrinkdigital.com...

PLEASE STOP EATING POISONS!
edit on 5-2-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
h ttp://www.timesandstar.co.uk/news/health/public-misled-over-fluoride-in-west-cumbrian-water-1.756382?referrerPath=news/health

Help me sway public opinion in my local area, click the vote about halfway down the page on the right ;p . We have a coast full of people who don't understand just how much sugar they're piling in their mouthes every day. Sugar is in -everything-!

Kind of a trap as all the teenage single mothers (and there are a LOT of them [mostly irresponsible] around here) browse the shelves for ready meals and quick snacks for their kids. Not as convenient as the adverts would have you believe.
edit on 5-2-2012 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

You are right, it is another ploy to get rid of something natural and replace it with something unnatural. Meanwhile, all the other manmade junk added to our food and drink, tobacco, alcohol, and the numerous pills you guys pop daily, are slowly turning us into the fat-sluggish-barely-able-to-breathe-too-lazy-to-resist slaves that you already see around you today. Everyone has a target on their back and TPTB are loading their guns as you read this. Nuclear Winter is about to hit and TPTB are cannibals and need the majority of us to be plump and juicy to tide Them over till the sun comes back out to play. Or maybe sugar IS toxic...any chemists on ATS?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

im talking about the corn variety...

all in all, i would prefer to see less fake sure, and more REAL sugar in my food.

if it comes from fruit while its still in fruit form then i am ok with it, because its a lalalaing apple lol.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

I appreciate your spending the additional time to answer my post. Because I value knowledge, and I don't like holes in it, I spent many hours (because you provided no references) trying to find evidence to support or refute your claims.

What I did find compels me to offer you an apology for insulting your knowledge, when in fact I appear to be the one lacking an understanding these "deeper theories" as you call them. Through my research I uncovered the work of Katz, Landau and others concerning the recycling of glucose molecules. At this time, I have much more research to do, as this area of metabolism is something I have neglected to study. I do have to add that even to these researchers, there still is a lot up for debate.

Furthermore you should provide some citations to back up your information, especially regarding to the claim that the saccharides associated with muscle cells provides the source of molecules for cellular respiration or at least have some significant role in the process. I try to provide some citations or links to back up my position no matter how weak or strong it may be, you most certainly could avoid a 5000 character reply to anyone if you did the same.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Buying Junk Food With Food Stamps May Be Banned In Florida

According to Florida state Senator Ronda Storms, taxpayers should not have to foot the bill for the junk food habits of impoverished Americans.

Yeah it might be easier to target the victims before stopping the welfare to ADM -- the corporate pigs obese at the trough of government millions and billions in corn subsidies.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AutomaticSlim

AH HA! I figured you for a true seeker of knowledge. I don't want you to agree with me per se. I want you to dig deeper. Yes this field is very open for different interperetation at the cellular level. I didn't site sources mostly because the source is my memory. 12+ years on the job. However it seems you have found a lot of good reading Bon Apetit!

I am very happy, and glad to have met someone who rises to a challenge instead of continuing to blindly quote dogma from their current position. I take much less pride in being right than I do in pushing people to dig deeper. Another reason I didn't look up, and site a bunch of research is because knowledge found is much more valuable than knowledge given. My favorite professor taught me this. He was hard as nails, but in his class you learned, my God you learned, and you retained it for life. He modified his tests, after each wrote regurgitation question he would follow it up with an essay question: Why? If you could intelligently defend the why, your answer was counted as correct regardless of what the answer key said. Awesome man, I miss him. Any who, I tend to follow his eccentric methods, and they work. It isn't good enough to just know that you should or shouldn't do something, or eat something. Their are exceptions to every rule. Knowing the why is important. If you know why you don't have to memorize a bunch of sterile facts because you understand the mechanism, and can think through it logically to cogitate the facts. Looking forward to deeper discussions!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Those scientists are wack jobs, sugar isn't bad for you.

All of that artificial stuff is!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Duh

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join