It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by revolutionphase1

The purpose of conspiracy is control and power, fear is simply one of many tools used to implement control over others. In this case what has been achieved? Nothing, not even fear really. This was the act of a lone lunatic. Events like this have occurred since the beginning of society and always will from time to time. Most people understand that. If you want to scare the population into a controllable state there are far better ways to do that, like a threat of terrorism.

Any time a group of people conspire to manipulate the population they are taking a big risk, because if discovered, the consequense is considerable. Imprisonment or even death in many cases. So one must ask if the intended result of a particular action is worth that kind of risk.

In this case I just don't see it, nothing was gained or altered, maybe a few extra guns we sold and few extra letters were sent to political reps asking for more gun control, but beyond that people watched and were horrified by the tragic loss of life, then they went on with there own lives with business as usual.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Non of these " facts" proove anything, and again what was achieved if " mind controle " was used on the shooter.

Also I am aware of CIA experiments with '___' as a mind controlling drug, this was done back in the 60s, and was found to have limited results in that area. If the shooter was on '___' he likely wouldn't have been able to hold the gun properly to shoot it, never mind aim it accurately at his targets.

If you can give me a legitimate result of the shooting that a puppet master would intend from the incident than I might consider your point, such as implement new sweeping legislation, a coup, or power shift, etc. To invoke fear, is not enough. Based on fear as a reason you could claim conspiracy on almost anything bad that happens in life, even a car accident. At what point is life just what it is and not some grand deception?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...sometimes a lone nutcase is just a lone nutcase.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Wow... I just got done reading through a number of his posts and I have to say, I wouldn't have needed to see the Community College video he made or hear much else if I'd known who he was and seen his writings sooner. He was as nutty as a fruitcake here and well before he joined the ranks of American mass murderers. His posts aren't just off the wall and...weird..but rambling and just kinda 'zoning out' on what he's saying from time to time. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but he was/is one interesting bird going by his record here.

I noticed there was a large number back then, on those threads, who didn't hesitate in saying something was a bit off or he seemed a few cans short of a case. I suppose it takes all kinds...and some don't do little things to be busted for before they go clear off the deep end....he sure was showing an oddball thought process to say the very least though.

Indeed.

I joined ATS after several days reading the Loughner discussions in the wake of the shooting, giving my own input and ideas to try and decipher what he may have been saying but the general consensus eventually seemed to be that he was a nutjob, plain and simple.

That's why he hasn't stood trial yet, mentally unfit to do so.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Theorytripper

Facts are facts. I was letting you make up your own mind. I understand that some people need to be told what to think, i was hoping the facts would speak for themselves, plus they are real facts, no quotations around them necessary. If you doubt them, you need to do more than just put quotes around a word. Fear is the means to control, it is legitimate as any reason could get to stage such an event. And remember no one but the fbi has seen the video so no one can definitively say what happened at the safeway. Unless of course you trust the msm one hundred percent. I dont, but dont let me stop you, although i would suggest reading the dailymail as opposed to a conspiracy website if you refuse to believe there is such a thing as conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I know this may be a long shot, but is it remotely possible that a mentally disturbed individual, with access to guns, decided to shoot at people in a local supermarket?

Is that series of events so hard to accept?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

This is a conspiracy theory website, is it not?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

It is but a lot of conspiracies such as the Giffords shooting and 9/11 to name just two have baseless conspiracies added to them when there really is nothing in it other than what we all know through the authorities and facts.

We speculated last January that maybe Loughner was MKULTRA but there was just no evidence for that and his posts and Myspace blogs showed his obvious mental illness.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1

I fail to see how my previous post could be construed to indicate otherwise?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I have made up my own mind, and I've decided there's just no evidence to suggest your theory is correct, and perhaps the FBI is withholding it's evidence from the public to ensure the court trial is untainted, just a thought.

Look you have every right to your take on this, but keep in mind an old story about the boy who cried wolf. If you cry out conspiracy to every major event, when the real thing does happen, and there's evidence to show, who's going to listen?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

(Just remember, when another "crazy" kid goes on a shooting rampage, i'll be here to make a thread about it.)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper

I have made up my own mind, and I've decided there's just no evidence to suggest your theory is correct, and perhaps the FBI is withholding it's evidence from the public to ensure the court trial is untainted, just a thought.

Look you have every right to your take on this, but keep in mind an old story about the boy who cried wolf. If you cry out conspiracy to every major event, when the real thing does happen, and there's evidence to show, who's going to listen?

but we can also flip that coin...can we not? If we accept everything just as the news media states it is, and all is well with every major event, when the time comes and something actually was 'AMISS' with the media report(s).. then we've failed as human beings to be the face of Justice and be the main of truth! (as long as those in charge of confirming the reports aren't corrupted either)

the Voice of Truth, lies with the common people, jury, and a uncorrupted court & police force. It is NOT determined by the media in any way! Because if the truth is ALWAYS determined by the media, then what good is the legal system in the world ?! which will only lead us to an Orwellian society, would it not?

However, it CAN and does have the ability to get to the bottom of what is truth and what is NOT and then pass the evidence to those who have the ability to confirm those reports as true or not, (as long as those in charge of confirming the reports aren't corrupted either)

So, I wouldn't be so quick to say that every news report is 100% correct, which most members that have been on here in the last year, KNOW their not.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"There is no such thing as a motiveless crime," say the criminologists. And that's true for the nutcase killers, too. So what was Loughner's motive? He may have had opportunity, but without means* and motive you don't have much of a case.

------------

*The lone killer caused 33 different gunshot wounds in 19 people with a maximum of 32 rounds fired, indicating a more than 100% accuracy rate, all in the span of 12 or so seconds. From a new gun owner who had no formal firearms training. Not exactly within the 'means' of a genuinely crazy person.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
just because this is a ''conspiracy theory '' website does not mean that every event that goes down is itself a conspiracy...

And besides, I look at ATS as a place to find the truth through the muck, not a conspiracy theory site.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper

most people look at evidence first, then decide. You decide there is no evidence first, which means you are approaching this with a closed mind. I have no theory I just observe, and I observed the classic workings of a media smear campaign against tea partiers moments after the story broke. So what evidence do you have to support YOUR theory that he is a lone nut and did it all by himself? I am the skeptic here of the official story, you are a skeptic of the skeptics, meaning you are a believer of the official story. So, convince me why i should not question this event.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Lets look at the THEORY of how we know Loughner is crazy.

1. He made an ats account.

Ats accounts are annonymos so this doesnt prove anything.

2. he said weird things in a college video

the video was shot first person view, the camera mans face was not shown, so no evidence it is the same man in the mugshot.

3. He made a disturbing flag burning video

which again does not show his face.

4. He killed many people including a nine year old girl.

With excellent marksmanship, so is he crazy or a brilliant marksman, which is it? Maybe both, so he has some intelligence behind his insanity, so why hasnt he been sentenced to the chair?

5. Prison psychiatrists labeled him insane.

The evaluation has not been released to the public, no videos, no pictures, so we have to just trust the authorities, not very scientific. Also, reports say he spends time looking at his pets, is scared, watches tv, and eats junk food. Real crazy. The cab driver also said he was a perfectly normal kid, and pima county sheriff pulled him ver the day of the shooting for running a red light but signs of insanity were not strong enough to detain him.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So while I wait for the primary and the election
who do I direct my complaints to while I am not represented at this time,
in District 8 AZ.
My Senator McCain seems to be on vacation, and have found myself with
no Government Representation.
Or are you saying this is the conspiracy?
And could you describe how Gabby applies to you?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

back up has arrived

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

*The lone killer caused 33 different gunshot wounds in 19 people with a maximum of 32 rounds fired, indicating a more than 100% accuracy rate, all in the span of 12 or so seconds. From a new gun owner who had no formal firearms training. Not exactly within the 'means' of a genuinely crazy person.

Not possible. Not even a trained soldier would be able to pull that off. Also they would have to be moving targets. Ive seen what happens when a gun shot gets fired in the public and there is panic and every one runs. No way can some random kid who is apparently crazie pull off that kinda accuracy.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

1. He made an ats account.

Ats accounts are annonymos so this doesnt prove anything.

2. he said weird things in a college video

the video was shot first person view, the camera mans face was not shown, so no evidence it is the same man in the mugshot.

3. He made a disturbing flag burning video

which again does not show his face.

4. He killed many people including a nine year old girl.

With excellent marksmanship, so is he crazy or a brilliant marksman, which is it? Maybe both, so he has some intelligence behind his insanity, so why hasnt he been sentenced to the chair?

5. Prison psychiatrists labeled him insane.

The evaluation has not been released to the public, no videos, no pictures, so we have to just trust the authorities, not very scientific. Also, reports say he spends time looking at his pets, is scared, watches tv, and eats junk food. Real crazy. The cab driver also said he was a perfectly normal kid, and pima county sheriff pulled him ver the day of the shooting for running a red light but signs of insanity were not strong enough to detain him.

I had 5 family members killed in 1975 (Kellie NE 1975)
He is now walking the streets
Insane, he is all better they say.

Gabby was my Congresswomen, guess this is life.

I am not sure what I was trying to say, but don't take it either way.

I have learned that insane applies to survivors,
and the sane ones,
are in the ground.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

I have read through quite a number of his posts. I found a common thread in his language structure that I am not sure fits with psychotic or schizophrenic behavior.

Typically, when the brain is malfunctioning, it tends to make associations based upon rhyming words and delusions are built from such similarities. That is, weak links are made based upon "similar" information.

In the case of loughner, his comments show a consistent pattern of corrupt premises and logical conclusions. That is, he starts out with an "if" statement, then ends with a "therefore". These statements do not seem to form from weak links and vague similarities in the language or imagery.

What that exactly means, I am unsure of at this time, but it is odd.

Finally, his use of language is not consistent with a native speaker of English, its almost like a Google translate in places.
edit on 2-2-2012 by somerandomuser because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join