It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic Ejection for bunkers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I recently came up with a great ejection system for any underground bunker. I know it sounds crazy but it is actually very low tech, it could have been made in the 20s. All you need is the will to do it and a limited knowledge of electronics.

Just think along those lines but you will be the projectile, it actually needs very little electricity. You could cuild a coil that goes along a shaft that points up and outside your bunker. All you would need is a harness that would pull you along with it once the current hit that coil. You could even strap something like a hang glider onto your back and eject so you can fly to safety or just scout the area looking for food and raiders.
You could have a few solar panels running to charge the capacitors for this device and you would be good to go.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

I don't have a bunker, I will keep an eye in this thread. Wonder if someone here has one.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Breakneck speeds???

Do you have a bunker?
edit on 2-2-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: killing the cat

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Breakneck speeds???

No, not at all. With propper calibration the launching speed could be tuned up or down, like here. This one is obviously much slower.

It would be no different than being shot out of a cannon except it would be much quieter, unless you make some horrible miscalculation and you break the sound barrier. But you probably would not live long enough to worry about that.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy

Do you have a bunker?
edit on 2-2-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: killing the cat

I recently purchased some land, some in the states and some near leeds. I am going to build two bunkers.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

what happened to building bunkers with a conventional escape tunnel ?????

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by JoshF

what happened to building bunkers with a conventional escape tunnel ?????

Takes too much time to run out, plus if you can walk out of it someone could get in. With a near vertical escape hatch it lowers the possibility of intrusion. You could put a barrier at the bottom with spikes so if they fell in you would not have to worry about them.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Railgun Technology is near! wont be long before we start shooting bullets without gunpowder!

i think that very soon, the only mechanical and important parts of the bullet will be a guidance system so that it can change direction mid air while being aerodynamic, and the rest of the push will be delivered by the gun itself!

run out of bullets? fill gun up with rocks.

sv_cheats_inf_ammo-1

U mad ammo stores?

XD

anybody ever see that history channel show where they sent a ROD of tungsten with a railgun with the power of a nuke but no radiation?

jeez....

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Railgun Technology is near! wont be long before we start shooting bullets without gunpowder!

Where have you been? This technology is here.

run out of bullets? fill gun up with rocks.

Does not work like that

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

you know what i mean, we saw what they do in labs shooting metal beads at marble slabs.

but what i mean by "near" is when they will be able to put all the power in a gun, and make it easily portable.

then again, so much technology is hidden from us, so nevermind. i am sure we are already past 100% ability to do stuff like that.

"They" wont share though.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Right now I am working on a hang glider that folds out so I can shoot myself out of the danger tube with it strapped to my back. I am very interested in wayne tech's cape that batman uses.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
leave the spike pits and cannibalism out of this thread maybe it will fly

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
leave the spike pits and cannibalism out of this thread maybe it will fly

Cannibalism is essential to survival, to think otherwise is foolish. Im not talking about starting a people farm or anything but if you are without food long enough and you really hate the taste of those Forrest plants you will probably start looking at strangers another way. I mean if soccer players can do it in an airplane so can I.
And for the record i was not decided one way or the other on the spike pit in my plans for Falcon Bunker.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

LMAO: you're gonna get spanked!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Bunkers are very valuable if SHTF and making sure they are secure is even more important. The only enemy of a bunker i can think of is fire, but im working on a fix for that.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

before you get carried away building your " folding hang glider " , just stop and step back and do a few little calculations :

what will be the total mass of the pilot , folding hang glider and all ancillaries

what altitude will you need to achieve to deply the folded hang glider suscessfully

what muzzle velocity is required to propell the mass from A1 to the altutude from A2

will the pilot survive / maintain conciousness while experinencing the accelerastion of A3

as i suspect you are incapable of answering those - why not just admit you are a walt

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by JoshF

before you get carried away building your " folding hang glider " , just stop and step back and do a few little calculations :

Now keep in mind what you are saying here.

what will be the total mass of the pilot , folding hang glider and all ancillaries

So let me get this straight before I start planning and building the glider you want me to have the total mass of it? You are aware how hang gliders get launched right?

@:40 Should i write him and get his weight and ask him exactly how long his stride was and if he survived the breakneck speeds of walking off a hill?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sounds like a great plan, I hope that you're able to construct your bunker and ejection system. After that, please strap a cam to your melon and record your first flight, that is if you're able to walk after your adventure. Good luck

edit on 2/7/2012 by DelMar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well I still have to cut down a whole lot of trees in the area for test runs. It shouldn't be that bad, I figgure i just need to get about 10 feet off the ground.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join