It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Entropy and Time are tearing each other apart right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I mean, who wins between these two forces? Is it unshakeable and unstoppable coming together?

I mean, eventually the strings might stop vibrating, the theories would say entropy slowly saps all the actions and reactions of matter (or antimatter?) that happen; a sort of flat tax on time taking another measure of entropy before it strikes.

I think they might actually be dancing, maybe it's dirty to suggest anthropomorphic features to the fundamental forces of the universe.

Maybe I had no other way to say that they're dirty dancing, these two forces interact in this way to make a third force.

Time and Entropy will both come to an end, perhaps time before entropy and perhaps entropy before time. The climax gives birth to a third force?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
calling both to be a 'force' raises doubts you know what entropy really is ?

as far as i understood it its a measure for giving disorder a calculatable number
All things in the universe develop a larger entropy by natural means.
All things in the universe age due to time moving just forward.

Now than comes you, calling these to be forces, may we get a little insight in the way you interpret that ?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Totally metaphysical, yep, if there is now, there can be no entropy. The game ended when it began. Is that weird enough for you? Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Neither of them can really be called a force. But in the end time will win. Entropy is decay and eventually everything will decay until it can decay no more but time will still go on. In fact without time you wouldn't have entropy.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If time is relative to the speed we are moving through the universe, and people think that both the rate of this speed(universal expansion) as well as the rate of time(new age thing) are increasing, then entropy will never be able to stop this increase.

Honestly, the 2 concepts contradict each other from my perspective.

new topics

top topics

join