It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donate your body to science before your dead, but live forever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Stem Cells might be the key to immortality sine they are pluripotent, meaning they can be any cell in your body, given the right environment. Since they can be multiplied through the dubious means of cloning embryos but not raising them, you might find a problem with that.

I admit, cloning human embryos to harvest stem cells might be unethical in an abstract manner of is there a victim, or is there no victim. Since I can talk about my stem cells and my willingness not to be my own victim, let's be delightfully in our advocacy and remind you that demons within are stronger than demons without.

If I have a small army of embryos with my DNA at any given time, it would be like having a few dozen units of imps, rather than Titans or Demons. I am okay with that, they would be my army to wreck havoc with in the status quo of experimental science that demands I know what I'm doing before I do it.

Wait, that sounded stupid, I wouldn't need to know what I'm doing with me DemonNA, there are universities and private laboratories that would take stems cells to compare as samples, rather than embyros in batches akin to military units.

However I would put my DNA in the public domain to assure it has very few problems in being passed around from scientist to scientist, researcher to researcher. Not like the plague, maybe like a phenomenon. Instead of pretending like its my DNA I'll slyly point out that as an anarchist, I don't actually believe I hold any property. However if I am a piece of property to someone elses finances, perhaps I can free myself metaphorically from their grasp, if my stem cells live on in the laboratories around the world, arms length from government persecution but in a tiny cage that I would not understand.

Immortality is a sin, and I can't sin because I'd like to meet the God, or Oblivion, face first with a laugh on my face when I tell him, funny stuff God, you almost had me going there.

Anyways, discuss with me, this scientifically satanic idea of living forever, because I can't sin.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wasting your time here. To live forever "trapped" in these heavily GMO/vaccinated manipulated bodies IS the Hell the Bible speaks of. Ask the autistic, that can speak via computer.

If it's not, then Orwell's 1984 covers the rest.

edit on 2-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Wasting your time here. To live forever "trapped" in these heavily GMO/vaccinated manipulated bodies IS the Hell the Bible speaks of. Ask the autistic, that can speak via computer.

If it's not, then Orwell's 1984 covers the rest.

edit on 2-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Maybe I lead sneak attack from in prison, my allies bust me out. Not every embryo has to be discarded for pluripotent cells. Maybe this is my chance to change the world, leading the charge by humanity into a public-domain society where our very lives are held in common.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
you guys all do realize that Stem Cells don't need to be grown from fetuses right?

they can take some of your stem cells ( that you have in you ) and grow them more, and use them on you.

i don't know why everyone thinks fetuses are the only way.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Because Fetus' are an easily-designed way to begin mass producing stem cells, rather than just wait for a few of them to divide on their own the Fetus' growth provides the framework for a massive boost in stem cells per beginning material. It's part of a natural process and you don't have to hover around an petri dish? I don't know really, it was designed to scare some of the more religious people.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Who would want to live forever in this awful world stuck in these limited, weak and corrupted bodies? I have enough medical problems that will probably kill me before i reach 40 and i'm 32 now. I'd rather opt out of this world for something better.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Your soul is allowed to move on from the mortal coil, the stem cells are to be used for research purposes and ensuring the genetic viability of the human race should there be a bottlenecking incident to the population of the globe.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
Stem Cells might be the key to immortality sine they are pluripotent, meaning they can be any cell in your body, given the right environment. Since they can be multiplied through the dubious means of cloning embryos but not raising them, you might find a problem with that.

I admit, cloning human embryos to harvest stem cells might be unethical in an abstract manner of is there a victim, or is there no victim. Since I can talk about my stem cells and my willingness not to be my own victim, let's be delightfully in our advocacy and remind you that demons within are stronger than demons without.

If I have a small army of embryos with my DNA at any given time, it would be like having a few dozen units of imps, rather than Titans or Demons. I am okay with that, they would be my army to wreck havoc with in the status quo of experimental science that demands I know what I'm doing before I do it.

Wait, that sounded stupid, I wouldn't need to know what I'm doing with me DemonNA, there are universities and private laboratories that would take stems cells to compare as samples, rather than embyros in batches akin to military units.

However I would put my DNA in the public domain to assure it has very few problems in being passed around from scientist to scientist, researcher to researcher. Not like the plague, maybe like a phenomenon. Instead of pretending like its my DNA I'll slyly point out that as an anarchist, I don't actually believe I hold any property. However if I am a piece of property to someone elses finances, perhaps I can free myself metaphorically from their grasp, if my stem cells live on in the laboratories around the world, arms length from government persecution but in a tiny cage that I would not understand.

Immortality is a sin, and I can't sin because I'd like to meet the God, or Oblivion, face first with a laugh on my face when I tell him, funny stuff God, you almost had me going there.

Anyways, discuss with me, this scientifically satanic idea of living forever, because I can't sin.

Enoch, Elijah and Jesus.

Let's not forget Elisha, his bones were so powerful that a dead man came back to life when dropped on them. I rather like Elisha better, he wasn't as much of a cry-baby that Elijah was.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Your soul is allowed to move on from the mortal coil, the stem cells are to be used for research purposes and ensuring the genetic viability of the human race should there be a bottlenecking incident to the population of the globe.

I think there is something in Jewish mythology about this concept. It is called the Golem, a creature that comes to life when the sacred name of God is spoken over it. It does not have a soul though and because it does not have a soul it only causes destruction.

If these stem cells are so powerful, then why don't they work in the human body right now? That would be a great thing if stem cells already in the body could heal it and we have no more illness.

It seems that if human beings are the height of evolution, why has the body not been able to keep itself from getting sick?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

I think there is something in Jewish mythology about this concept. It is called the Golem, a creature that comes to life when the sacred name of God is spoken over it. It does not have a soul though and because it does not have a soul it only causes destruction.

If these stem cells are so powerful, then why don't they work in the human body right now? That would be a great thing if stem cells already in the body could heal it and we have no more illness.

It seems that if human beings are the height of evolution, why has the body not been able to keep itself from getting sick?

Humans are a type of natural catalyst to create more heavy elements, we search for fusion because it is a power we will wield in Gods name, because God gave us the light in which we find ourselves willing to wield it.

I mix a bit of my small knowledge of science, some small knowledge of religion, but you will see that I do think that destruction is merely the first step to reconstruction, and reconstruction can be built upon the end of human suffering, not because human suffering.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

and reconstruction can be built upon the end of human suffering, not because human suffering.

Human suffering is also caused by action. Sexual immorality causes the spread of sexually transmitted disease, and yet people still continue in it. Genocide is caused by greed and refusal to acknowledge of another person's humanity.

When you end the actions, you will do away with much of the suffering of humanity. But we can't tell people to stop, now can we? When we do, people act like their actions are right and justified, that they can do things that cause suffering in others.

Wait, the Bible told us to treat people with respect and dignity. So let's ignore the Bible because it tells us to stop our actions. The Bible is very clear in the message of treating others right, but because it tells us that we can't have sex with whomever we want, we can't believe in it. Isn't that really what people want to say?

If the Bible had no issues about sex, people would accept it much more easily. People like their actions, they don't want any God who tells them to stop.

You want to stop the suffering in humanity? Stop doing things to them and stop doing things to yourself you know is causing suffering.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
you guys all do realize that Stem Cells don't need to be grown from fetuses right?

they can take some of your stem cells ( that you have in you ) and grow them more, and use them on you.

i don't know why everyone thinks fetuses are the only way.

It's because they don't understand so they put a religious spin and God mumbo jumbo on it and turn it around to look bad and unethical while millions who could benefit from stem cells are left to die because "it's God's way to suffer a painful death way before your time".

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Are you talking about me, and calling me ignorant or are you just not willing to talk to me about what I said?

Because you're wrong, I do support stem cell research I'm trying to get a rise out of those who do not support it.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Sachyriel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join