It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted my facebook but wish facebook would be deleted instead.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by mileysubet
How the f..ck did you get banned from FB?

You are the first person I have ever heard of that has gotten banned from FB...
edit on 2-2-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by mileysubet because: the double periods are meant to construe a "r" and a "i".

yep

na people do get blocks for sending spam requests.... unauthorised marketing.

naughty.. where do you work and what are you trying to promote?

hahhaha

Didn't do any of that. I'm thinking someone reported me cause of this song though

I sometimes randomly post "coc aine extacy dope crack and thc ice speed ketamin nitrous and herion mesculine dmt mushroms and lsd i'm your pill provider get this sh*t inside ya" So I can understand if someone got all "OMG DRUG DEALER REPORT!!" xD
edit on 2-2-2012 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i agree OP i absolutely feel disgusted by facebook, call me crazy but its so easy for the GOV or some other secret organization that wants to control the population to say "hey everybody come talk here so we can watch you all in one place!"

everyone is all like "Lul im here at coordinates xyz changing the toilet paper hehueaueahuh"

"Lawul hawh heres my social security number..."

i mean seriously!!! Facebook is an information trap designed to lure in ignorant fools....

all facebook is, is an email system EVERYONE can see, or just a really really slow and complicated chat room.

peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

You can have more than one???

Huh?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Man, I've been cleaning house lately too. Fist I deleted MySpace - that was a rough decision as a musician - then all the other "social network" sites that demanded major personal attention.

I'm glad I deleted my FB page too. The people I had as "friends" were mostly acquaintances anyway. My family members are just a click away on my phone.

Speaking of which - as much as I feel technology is skewing the consciousness of humanity, I don't think I can ever get rid of my "smart-phone" OR the Internet for that matter!

I already got rid of my cable TV... that was a cinch - all the programs sucked!

So long Facebook!
Hello good ol' fashioned BRAIN book!

~philthy

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
How the f..ck did you get banned from FB?

You are the first person I have ever heard of that has gotten banned from FB...
edit on 2-2-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2012 by mileysubet because: the double periods are meant to construe a "r" and a "i".

I got banned from FB once.
Reason being, I'm a photographer, and artist, and quite a bit of my work portrays people in the nude (tastefully so).

Facebook, being overly sensitive with an American view and hangup on nudity banned me for 30 days when they ran across my work posted in an album specifically for the work.

30 days later, I get an email chastising me for being naughty, letting me know that I can log back in just so long as I didn't post any more boobies.

sad.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
I got banned from FB once.
Reason being, I'm a photographer, and artist, and quite a bit of my work portrays people in the nude (tastefully so).

Facebook, being overly sensitive with an American view and hangup on nudity banned me for 30 days when they ran across my work posted in an album specifically for the work.

30 days later, I get an email chastising me for being naughty, letting me know that I can log back in just so long as I didn't post any more boobies.

sad.

Wow! Similar story here. I was locked out of FB AND MySpace for posting my band's album cover - which interestingly enough, depicted an elderly woman's hands folded in front of her heart and nekkid boobies. We had to edit out the... ehh... mammilla in order to advertise on Amazon.com.

One man's art is another man's trash!

Thanks for pissing me off again Facebook!

~philthy

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

I just starred your post for being wise .
Glad you deleted your account with FB as you well know what is coming March 1st!
Evil Google.

You may be interested in reading one of my latest threads?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

My main reason was because they had banned me for 24 hours. Now its become more of it use to control me.

Oh man, are you preaching to the choir here.

I'm proud of you for "trying" to delete the CIA, but know that your voice is scrutinized and censored wherever you go... except your own privately owned website. There you own yourself and your own voice, everywhere else is bought and paid for by this point.
edit on 2-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

sheesh, who do you think runs this outfit....how about the scandal sheet National Enquirer
all CIA social experiment

Go ahead give me the "oh not ATS" Yes dear reader ATS no, I cant prove it. But so what Alex Jones doesnt prove FEMA camps

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
thinking about it, and only in my opinion, these websites promote false sense of fame. Kinda fits into the Narcissistic delusions of grandeur. Keeping track of the grandkids,via pictures..yeah, I use that one too.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Incidently, if you type "how to delete" into Grgle search, it's the first thing that comes up. Obviously, lots of people are seeking out the info.

For those who are trying to figure out how to delete the account, the article below walks you through it. Has a link directly to the FB delete account page, as well.

Lifehacker, How to delete FB
edit on 2-2-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
I remember when I had a MySpace I checked it like once a day. When I had a facebook I checked that thing Several times a day. It was just so bad and now that I don't use it anymore I realize how bad it controls its users.

How many times a day do you check ATS? Same thing, just a different type of social networking.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by neobludragon
I remember when I had a MySpace I checked it like once a day. When I had a facebook I checked that thing Several times a day. It was just so bad and now that I don't use it anymore I realize how bad it controls its users.

How many times a day do you check ATS? Same thing, just a different type of social networking.

actually I check ATS once a day, once I close out of it from posting what I wanna post i'm done and move on. Also I wouldn't call this a social network considering what is on here and people come here for information. If your gonna call this a social network you might as well call wikipedia one too.

Oh and I forgot to mention, there are days I don't even check ATS. Facebook I use to check like every single day of the week. So no its not the same, not at all.
edit on 3-2-2012 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thinking about this more, and revisiting this topic, in light of mention regarding boobies, and getting banned, I'm wondering how FB is going to sustain market share and increase revenue for its stockholders once it goes public.

Allowing a PG-13, or work-safe mode that would allow artists, and anyone else the safe option to post sometimes controversial subject matter.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join