It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Able To Flag Some Threads, Not Others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I have been noticing that there are some threads I go into that I can flag, and that there are other threads I go into and the option is blacked out. Does anyone know why this is? I did a search and didn't see any other threads asking this question. I was a member here a few years back but had to make a new account due to losing my info, and I remember having that 'problem' then before as well.

I don't flag often but when I see a thread I am enjoying or would like to get more attention and I can't flag it I wonder why that is.

Thanks for any help!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebz

The only place where I can't flag and the option is blacked out, is in my own threads....

Have you been trying to flag yourself.....

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Hahahaha

I did notice that, and I have in the past, that the 'Flag It' button is blacked out in our own threads. But no, that is not it.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Also to add, sometimes these threads have already accumulated an amount of flags, but for whatever reason I am unable to flag them, although I have the appropriate amount of posts and I can flag other threads...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebz

I'm sure a Mod will be along soon to clarify but here's what I've noticed in my short time here.

All new threads can be flagged and unflagged but there is a time limit on the unflagging.
As you discovered, you can't flag your own threads.

Older threads can be flagged but cannot be unflagged after being flagged. The black box.

Some posts cannot be starred due to the user being banned. The posts remain but the option to star is replaced with a tilde ~ character. Maybe that is what is going on. You cannot flag the thread of a user that is banned?

Hope it helps some.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebz

The only thing I can think of is that, maybe you flagged that thread earlier and forgot about it. Happens to me sometimes when someone bumps an old thread and I go to flag it only to find that I did months ago when it first came out.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ok.

So, you should be able to flag ANY thread you have not previously flagged, unless you do have access to the forum; in which case you'd not have access to the actual thread either.

The possible solutions have been mentioned above. Either you flagged it without knowing or something of that nature.

If you can send me a screen shot of the problem, then I can look into it further for you. If you are going to do so, please choose a new thread on the boards that you have not replied to, or flagged.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ive been getting this same thing too.

Its blacked out like its a thread i started.

If i had flagged it previously i should be able to unflag it (with the red background), which if i had done previously, i cannot do since the button is now blacked out and not a black background with a blue text "flag".

EDIT: added pic, quite clearly not my thread. I dont have any blocking software or script jamming, and besides most threads that i havnt started are fine for flagging and un flagging..

pic
edit on 5-4-2012 by Biigs because: added pic

top topics

join