It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must love each other, or we must die

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

Ha. Apparently some read it that way. Not everyone is awake yet. No worries though. It's all as it should be.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've long been of the opinion that it is our love for each other which will eventually destroy us. When you love somebody, you want to protect them. You want them to have the best food. You want them to be healthy and live a long time. You want them to be happy.

So we reproduce uncontrollably to make even more people for us to love, and we tear up the planet to make cars and homes and heat and cool them, and wear out the soil to feed them, and mix deadly chemicals together to create medicines to cure them, and throw those chemicals in the oceans, and then build massive armies with hugely destructive weapons to defend them, and on and on and on.

No, it's not our hate that will destroy us. It's our love.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I've long been of the opinion that it is our love for each other which will eventually destroy us. When you love somebody, you want to protect them. You want them to have the best food. You want them to be healthy and live a long time. You want them to be happy.

So we reproduce uncontrollably to make even more people for us to love, and we tear up the planet to make cars and homes and heat and cool them, and wear out the soil to feed them, and mix deadly chemicals together to create medicines to cure them, and throw those chemicals in the oceans, and then build massive armies with hugely destructive weapons to defend them, and on and on and on.

No, it's not our hate that will destroy us. It's our love.

See, that's not love. That's obsession. When you fuss too much over anything, you ruin it. It can't breathe and grow. You will never find out the potential of anything if you smother it.

Love gives room to achieve all things. It lets you fall sometimes when you need to learn to watch where you're going. It lets you die when your time comes.

I can't even see how you qualify those things as love. They aren't loving things. They are nice enough but we could to a lot better with the *intent* behind our creations being love and not .. other things. Not the bible telling us to procreate in a particular way, not government telling us we have to but can't, not schools for a third of our lives in what could be done much faster and more efficiently, not working long hours to pay and pay and pay right to your grave...and that's if you got a reasonably lucky life. Not a very loving prospect, in my view. We could do a whole lot better.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by dayve

The WASP thing was a mindset reference, not a statement. I can't see you, believe it or not.

You say wars need to happen. Justify that. There is no reason a civilized, rational, mature, sentient human being can justify that sort of behavior.

I will assume you're in the US. You are not being attacked. Iraq never attacked. Afghanistan never attacked. Iran is not attacking. Who last attacked the US? Which country? Israel? The US shadow gov't so they could supplant your freedoms with fear?

Accept the situation. Change is imminent.

Your correct I am in the US and in my 20 something years alive I've never witnessed and attack on us. Except for 911... But that was just a building in NY I'm sure if tanks where up and down my street missiles going off all the time I would have a diff opinion about these kinds of wars.. I'll admit that just to end this debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join