It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my opinion of the antichrist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
this post is based on my opinion. i'm posting in hopes the topic will generate some good debate. or maybe just maybe someone will have an "ahhh haaaa" moment.

i think people miss the point about the whole "anti-christ" thing. it's not about a demon man, or a owl cult. it's about the nature of humans to do evil if unchecked. a single person in charge of everything and answer to no one will in time become corrupt.

it isn't about devils or witchery, the story of the anti-christ is about what happens to a man with too much unchecked power.

at least that's my interpretation of the anti-christ.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

What it boils down to, in the simplest of terms is that there is always a leader...and those who are willing to be led.

Good and bad can come from this.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
For there to be an Anti-Christ, there must be a Christ...That is the rub.
edit on 2-2-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

i interperet the story of a "christ" as a person who is not hungry for power. someone who is checked by someone. in the case of jesus he was held in check by his father.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

i interperet the story of a "christ" as a person who is not hungry for power. someone who is checked by someone. in the case of jesus he was held in check by his father.

-subfab

Why would a "Christ" need to be be offset or checked by another if there wasn't an opposing power it needed to be negated by?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The idea you are dealing with is a dualism ideal. As in you can not have one without the other, it is the very basic argument of many theologians. For every observed action there must be an equally opposing action.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Anti-christ = Those that do not understand love...

Its as simple as that

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

this post is based on my opinion. i'm posting in hopes the topic will generate some good debate. or maybe just maybe someone will have an "ahhh haaaa" moment.

i think people miss the point about the whole "anti-christ" thing. it's not about a demon man, or a owl cult. it's about the nature of humans to do evil if unchecked. a single person in charge of everything and answer to no one will in time become corrupt.

it isn't about devils or witchery, the story of the anti-christ is about what happens to a man with too much unchecked power.

-subfab

Your interpretation isn't too far off from the original intention of the word. Interestingly the term 'Antichrist' is never used in the Book of Revelation.... and instead is only used in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7....and that in the context in it clear that John is simply speaking of someone who is against Christ...and not of an individual? Rather he states there are many 'Antichrists'......the word simply means 'Anti-Christian' and isn't meant as a proper title of an individual.....He uses the term to describe the type of individuals that are bringing about the end of a particular Church (the book being basically a letter he is writing to this Church). It's only through more modern tradition that the term has become associated with any prophecy involving the end of the world and the Book of Revelation.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by subfab

Its as simple as that

So you are saying that those of us who do not believe in your "christ" do not love?

If that is the case then you are a very ignorant person.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

reply to post by subfab

Its as simple as that

So you are saying that those of us who do not believe in your "christ" do not love?

I didn't say that... believe whatever you like...

Though if you know love you wouldn't disagree with his words either... thats all he preaches

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
There has to be someone in charge.
I was just thinking about this, well not the anti-christ but the nature of human beings. I'd say the current decline of the world is due to a small percentage of the actual population, the people who pull the strings. So should the rest of us deserve the blame for not doing anything to stop it.? We the people have so much power, but as is I don't think we could ever get together and collectively impose our will. There are leaders and there are followers in this world. I think this is determined at conception, the time the soul enters the body. But anyway I was watching tosh.0 and I had this revelation of sorts. As I watched my fellow man hurt themselves for a few laughs, I rationalized that the general population might be better suited to live in the opium of synthesized reality, their daily lives, while the natural born leaders make the decesions in the BEST interest of the people. I don't view anybody inferior to me, it's just like one of my old teachers used to always say: "Human beings are creatures of habit.", but me personally, I could never live in docility. The anti-christ is a real person, because evil and opression needs a face.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by subfab

Its as simple as that

No, far from that. There's the evil that we see everyday with murderers, wars, and warmongers and then there's indifference. The antichrist will bring evil unto the earth that has never been witnessed before.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

reply to post by subfab

Its as simple as that

No, far from that. There's the evil that we see everyday with murderers, wars, and warmongers and then there's indifference. The antichrist will bring evil unto the earth that has never been witnessed before.

Evil is subjective...

And those i speak of bring such things to earth...

you might know some of them... but they are still part of the whole

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

You're really talking about the "Beast" of Revelation. As others have pointed out, he's not called "the Antichrist", but modern people have begun applying the name. Yes, he is called a "beast" only to match the fact that the state he rules is also called a beast (the "beast from the sea"), and that's inspired by an image in Daniel.

As for the antichrist concept in John's letters, that can be taken to mean either the opposition to the teaching about Jesus, "those who deny that Jesus is the Christ" (Anti= "against"), or those who fulfil the warning of Jesus, that many would come claiming to be himself (Anti= "in place of").

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i'm happy with the responses. lots of good debate.

-subfab

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

-subfab

I think Jesus would know who his nemesis is better than any of us. Let's see what Jesus has to say about the matter:

Those that deny Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior are those that come from the antichrist.

1 John 2:18
[ Warning Against Antichrists ] Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7
Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.
Source(s):
www.biblegateway.com

If you preach contrary to Christ, do not acknowledge Jesus is the Messiah, deny that he died for our sins and ascended and sits at the right hand of the Father then you are anti-christ.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

-subfab

Are you yourself capable of becoming christ? Is there something about your psychology that allows you to become christ? Does your worldview allow you to become christ?

I think people have totally missed the point about Jesus being the Christ...the Anointed one, as opposed to merely being anointed. Anyone can be anointed, but to be the Anointed One, that means the Anointed One is the Christ and the only ONE who has all power and authority. Do you know grammar enough to understand the distinction between anointed and Anointed?

Let me give you an English lesson, from an English tutor and writer. When a word such as Anointed, President, Lord or King is used, it means a specific office or position signifying the authority of that said position. We may say Barack Obama is a president, but when we say President Barack Obama, we mean specifically a person named Barack Obama holds the position of THE PRESIDENT. The President means the person holding the position is above all other leaders in power and authority in his own nation and the word entails that the office holds the real power.

Remember The Andy Griffith Show in which Barney had, in his job as deputy, to force the men selling goods illegally to stop? He said that he was just a man, but he had a badge that represented the real authority and those men had to have respect for the badge.

Jesus is the man in the office of the Anointed. No other person is capable of holding that position and the position is eternal. Jesus is the Anointed.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
here's a few cherry picks that are good for winning popularity contests
and though there is a" time and place for everything" this points to a valuable lesson specially with regards to anti-Christ

I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God..For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man..Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord..For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
1Corinthian11

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.
Revelation22
edit on 2-2-2012 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

2 Thessolonians 2: 1-5

"1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?"

I believe the matter here is "Spirit of Anti-Christ vs Son of Perdition"

The Spirit of Anti-Christ is here but a very real singular embodiment of the Spirit of Anti-Christ is coming and will deceive many at his appointed time.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

reply to post by subfab

Its as simple as that

I didn't say that... believe whatever you like...

Though if you know love you wouldn't disagree with his words either... thats all he preaches

This love you talk about, can you define what it means? Then can you define what Jesus meant by it? I am assuming you mean a mere social definition of being nice and saying hello with a smile and occasionally donating when you feel the need to and not killing your neighbor. Is that the kind of love you mean?

The love Jesus means is laying down your life....but taking it back up again. Are you able to do that? Can you sacrifice yourself to that extent? Can you sacrifice yourself to the extent that you actually give it with no regard to the person you are trying to save? I mean, can you sacrifice yourself wholly in the place of someone else, to save them wholly, and then pick your life back up again, wholly?

That is the kind of love we are supposed to have. Being nice to people is just a small part of it, but it is beyond that. It means sacrifice yourself to save someone else. There are many people who do sacrifice their lives for others, they give their lives up, their homes up, their comforts up just to save someone else. But they can't take their lives back up. Soldiers sacrifice themselves, policemen and firemen sacrifice themselves every day. They give their lives for us, but they can't take their lives back up. They should be rightly honored for doing so, and they do it because they have a moral calling within themselves to do it.

Can you save someone else just by saying hello with a smile? What kind of love are you talking about? If it is just a social kind of love, then it is not really love.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join