It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once the Baby Boom dies off, the Baby Boom Echo will have only a short window to act before the mill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm not saying it's a good thing the Baby Boomers are leaving faster and faster, but they are more of a burden today as they get older, and the small dips in the demographics that were taken care of by the rise in automation lead us to have a successful life.

However, the oddity of the current political establishment is untenable, we will see less Baby Boomers enter politics, more Baby Boom Echos, and eventually the Millennial Generation will start to elect some of their own, just as the last of the Baby Boom generation is shown the door from political life.

The people who were born in the Baby Boom Echo will have a hard time lubricating the political machine with such a short amount of time to do it; The public won't divide their politicians by age unless the media tells them to, the public divides politicians into parties and the politicians comply.

Eventually the obstinately conservative attitudes of the first BB will be eroded, and thank God cause the backlash that they created against conservatism will help the Echo Gen. of political wieners be more progressive! When the Millennial gen elected leaders see the Echo gen being progressive and winning, maybe it rubs off on them.

However, maybe it doesn't, maybe the leaders of the Millennial generation will actually be more conservative than the BBE gen's leaders, and the Millennial gen leaders want to guide progress with older values and new technology.

I am willing to bet that the Millennial Generation will actually be accelerated past what the BB generation once thought 'leftist' and the new centre of the political spectrum will move left, because the Baby Boom Generation dies off and their votes are less concentrated. Even if there is a rise in Millennial Conservatism, the newest generation of Conservatives would find themselves in the middle of where the Baby Boom Generation though the political spectrum lay, and Leftist politics dominate the stage they seek to have.

Today, we find that not only will more Baby Boomers die, more Echos lead and more Millennial learn, but the entire political spectrum shifts left so quickly it could not have been moved by anyone but God himself.

Eventually conservative politics will mean that you are a relic, and while being a relic is not bad soon you won't be electable because your politics are too right of centre, being a centrist today just means you were yesterdays liberal. Being a centrist today just means you are going to be tomorrows right-winger.

muwahahahahahahahahaha *cough cough* sorry, what did you have to say?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Baby Boomers are dying off because of some of these residuals....

I can find and post more radioactive products, like Radium Chocolates, but know that the Baby Boomers were equivalent to early stage testing on human subjects.

My parents were Baby Boomers, they died at 65 and 66 years old. They followed all the rules, so did your parents who are dealing with end of life care. You know what I'm talking about and will put the pieces together like I have.

edit on 2-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Not all Baby boomers will succumb to that wound, some will actually die from other injuries. I don't see what this has to do with the political spectrum moving its centre more to the left, which is what I was talking about.

I don't really want to talk about the obsolescence of radioactive materials in consumer goods.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Remember that the Baby Boomer generation was also the majority of the anti-war movement of the sixties, Also the weatherman Underground, the SLA, etc.

The division will always be around...suck it up. Embrace the suck and make it work for you!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Not all Baby boomers will succumb to that wound, some will actually die from other injuries. I don't see what this has to do with the political spectrum moving its centre more to the left, which is what I was talking about.

I don't really want to talk about the obsolescence of radioactive materials in consumer goods.

To the left? Do you still believe there is a real division in politics in 2012? There is no left and right, in the USA, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, etc., or any modern country. Those concepts keep us commoners in the illusion of free will choice. Like George Carlin said, we have no free choice! We have selections, not elections.

Decisions were made in corporate business long ago that are just manifesting now, and many of those manifestations are happening to the Baby Boomers now.

A forecast for the future.... a 90 year old human being, will be a conspiracy theory 50 years from now, as digital records can be easily forged. All there will be is the 1984, digital life, verbal reality to the masses.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJediTo the left? Do you still believe there is a real division in politics in 2012? There is no left and right, in the USA, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, etc., or any modern country. Those concepts keep us commoners in the illusion of free will choice. Like George Carlin said, we have no free choice! We have selections, not elections.

Decisions were made in corporate business long ago that are just manifesting now, and many of those manifestations are happening to the Baby Boomers now.

A forecast for the future.... a 90 year old human being, will be a conspiracy theory 50 years from now, as digital records can be easily forged. All there will be is the 1984, digital life, verbal reality to the masses.

Erm, okay, I can speak Ingsoc English, I mean I'm not fluent but if that's your native tongue I can converse with you a little in it.

Income Disparity is a wealth to be utilized in a class warfare battle for the hearts and minds of tomorrows welfare frauds!

We'll destroy capitalism, but we will sell it back to the senile elders who sold it to us, they wouldn't like the music we listen to so we'll give them headphones of ignorance!

It won't be our false dichotomies that work to stop us, we shall utilize the duality of fiction and fact to pump pistons of political progress!

In my mind, your mind is already convinced, cause in your mind, I'm as right as you think I am, but since you've already left, so have I!

There is a political spectrum of choice in our elections, and in those small steps of slowly shoving the entire spectrum to the left through gradual progress, we find ourselves rolling a Sisyphean Ball of Futile Struggle onto the back of Atlas! Surely, our Sisyphean struggle would be over if Atlas put down the world and picked up our bolder.

Maybe Sisyphus should roll the world up a hill, instead of lamenting his boulder in Atlas' arms.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sachyriel
I'm not saying it's a good thing the Baby Boomers are leaving faster and faster, but they are more of a burden today as they get older, and the small dips in the demographics that were taken care of by the rise in automation lead us to have a successful life.

However, the oddity of the current political establishment is untenable, we will see less Baby Boomers enter politics, more Baby Boom Echos, and eventually the Millennial Generation will start to elect some of their own, just as the last of the Baby Boom generation is shown the door from political life.

The people who were born in the Baby Boom Echo will have a hard time lubricating the political machine with such a short amount of time to do it; The public won't divide their politicians by age unless the media tells them to, the public divides politicians into parties and the politicians comply.

Eventually the obstinately conservative attitudes of the first BB will be eroded, and thank God cause the backlash that they created against conservatism will help the Echo Gen. of political wieners be more progressive! When the Millennial gen elected leaders see the Echo gen being progressive and winning, maybe it rubs off on them.

However, maybe it doesn't, maybe the leaders of the Millennial generation will actually be more conservative than the BBE gen's leaders, and the Millennial gen leaders want to guide progress with older values and new technology.

I am willing to bet that the Millennial Generation will actually be accelerated past what the BB generation once thought 'leftist' and the new centre of the political spectrum will move left, because the Baby Boom Generation dies off and their votes are less concentrated. Even if there is a rise in Millennial Conservatism, the newest generation of Conservatives would find themselves in the middle of where the Baby Boom Generation though the political spectrum lay, and Leftist politics dominate the stage they seek to have.

Today, we find that not only will more Baby Boomers die, more Echos lead and more Millennial learn, but the entire political spectrum shifts left so quickly it could not have been moved by anyone but God himself.

Eventually conservative politics will mean that you are a relic, and while being a relic is not bad soon you won't be electable because your politics are too right of centre, being a centrist today just means you were yesterdays liberal. Being a centrist today just means you are going to be tomorrows right-winger.

muwahahahahahahahahaha *cough cough* sorry, what did you have to say?

Your delusional and your assessment is so out of whack with reality. The Generation Xers are the leftists and aside from the Senate, any chance of them running for higher office is a pipe dream. The millennium generation is a highly partisan generation.

You have a very small but ultra partisan leftist's in the millennial generation; a large swath of moderates, and a large segment of libertarian to extremely conservatives millenniums.

You leftist's are way outside of reality and we may actually live to see a purge of leftism in America, then again we will live to see it anyway after the Fascist's take over but I digress.

join