It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii to Vote - Join Japan or Stay United States state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The OP is probably referring to an article by Phyllis Schlafly. I have attached a link to it. She writes, "Does Hawaii want to secede from the Union? That sounds like a preposterous question, but the official Office of Hawaiian Affairs advertises on its website that the legislation scheduled to be voted on soon in the U.S. Senate will give Native Hawaiians "self-determination" to choose "total independence" or any other form of government."

She claims she is not making this up. However, there is no mention of Japan.

www.eagleforum.org...

Here is the link to the Office of Hawaiian Affairs bill signing article.
www.oha.org...
edit on 2-2-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Added a link

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

That article is about a state law recognizing Hawaiians as Hawaii's only indigenous people.

The federal bill which has been submitted off and on since 2000 would give Hawaiians a status similar to that of Native Americans.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

WIth America still in deep recession and Japan offering big cash bonuses, it look likely that Sarkozy's plan that had to Obama accepte, to allow Hawaii the vote on whether to leave the USA and join Japan will result in the States shrinking by one state.

I don't understand where Sarkozy fits in with this. How would France think that they had a say in any business of the USA? That doesn't make any sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

I believe I understand the hypothetical you're proposing in order to point out the insult to Britain in the Falklands. Besides, taking a vote to secede? We had to use a revolution and a civil war to get those results.

I do wish the Brits hadn't cut back their military so drastically. They could use some marines and ships in that part of the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Sharpenmycleats

That article is about a state law recognizing Hawaiians as Hawaii's only indigenous people.

The federal bill which has been submitted off and on since 2000 would give Hawaiians a status similar to that of Native Americans.

Well in order to have a federal bill passed recognizing an idigenous Hawaiian, you have to define what an indigenous Hawaiian is. The difference if you read some of my links, you would realize that it is way different than that of Native Americans. We gave them reservations, and they have self rule on those reservations, what Hawaiians want is self governance and autonomy no matter where they are in the US. They basically want Diplomatic Immunity.

At any rate, I think we are talking about the same thing and the article I posted was one of many if you hit the search button on the link I provided. The state bill I showed does speak about the federal bill which is why I posted it and then if you follow the votes after that you will see them pushing for federal recognition for self governance anywhere. I can't do all your homework.

Plus the real reason I put that info out there was everyone seemed to be ripping on the OP about sources and facts. Now I was not able to back up his thread completely but I did shine some light on the topic that shows the OP is not totally in la-la land.
edit on 2-2-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Maybe Japan can figure out why Hawaii has interstate highways.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
Oh god.

This is another one of those threads where the OP is going to shoot a politician a year from now.

You win the interwebs.

Thanks for the lulz. Here, have a star.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
WIth America still in deep recession and Japan offering big cash bonuses, it look likely that Sarkozy's plan that had to Obama accepte, to allow Hawaii the vote on whether to leave the USA and join Japan will result in the States shrinking by one state.

...So its GOODBYE HAWAII!

...If Americans find this future news distasteful, why on earth would they not expect the suggestion that the Falklands should hold a vote on leaving the UK and joining Argentina be equally as insulting, particularly as the entire population of the Falkland Islands are British whilst most of Hawaii is of native stock.

I say let Taiwan vote on whether they want to EVER be part of China again as well

After all, if one poster can post unrelated gibberish why not another?

Seems fair.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Puerto Rico should vote on whether to be free, a state, or keep the status quo.

Wait, that actually happens. And is happening again on November 6th this year.
edit on 2/3/2012 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
reply to post by sonnny1

My whole point is how you, an America, would feel if France was able o force America, weakened by staggering defence cuts, internal strife and economic collapse to hold a referendum in which Hawaii citizens were pressured and bribed into ceding from the US so they could be sold off to Japan.

My whole point is that the Red Coats have no business holding any territory in the Western hemisphere. Heck I think all Red Coats owned land and businesses in the USA should be seized(and view the gulf spill as a direct act of war against the USA by the Red Coats) as it is an affront for any red coat to own an inch of American soil or rape our precious nation of it's natural resources.

The Red Coats are the singularly largest threat to American sovereignty, prosperity and posterity. And such a threat must be dealt with. Obama would be wise to use the Malvinas crisis to end political, economic and military relations with the Red Coats.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
Puerto Rico should vote on whether to be free, a state, or keep the status quo.

Wait, that actually happens. And is happening again on November 6th this year.
edit on 2/3/2012 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

They will probably be made to vote over and over again till they pick either Statehood or Independence lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join