It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to use directed energy weapons in iraq!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Please read the info on the link on my second post, if its true [rense though] it can kill big time.

Although its just conjecture you would be mad not to believe that they have new tech that can kill as that is the nature of the beast.

Like you said rense

If you think the Military does not have new weapons that can kill then your not on the same planet as me! Beam me up scotty!

The days of the simple bullet are way over. What do you think they spend all that money on?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
These weapons are currently under development. The ones that were used in Iraq are non-lethal ones. Unfortunately the lethal direct energy weapons have not been approved by NATO or the UN. The ones used were used to help detain heads of government. Basically what they do is aim this weapon at someone and pull the trigger. It sends out electromagnetic waves that make the recipient feel as if his or her blood is boiling (which it isn't) and then the recipient is then detained. Lethal versions of these are being tested at Ft. Knox and Ft. Benning. I have personally seen the ones at Ft. Benning being tested and one infantryman can take out a full battle tank with one shot. It's amazing. The OICW is also being tested at Ft. Benning along with the XM-8.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That battlefield testing has taken place in Iraq more than likely successfully.

So it is only a matter of time before these weapons [both lethal and non lethal] become part of the military arsenal to be used as and when needed. If it saves your countries soldiers from injury and death then so be it.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I agree with you 100%. I do see these weapons being used by the military in the very near future. The OICW and the XM-8 are going to be the new U.S. Army weapons to replace the M16 and the M203. These are to be fielded in the summer of 2005 or 4th Quarter FY 2005. These have already been field tested and are currently being used by US Spec Ops in Iraq today.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FNG_J
I agree with you 100%. I do see these weapons being used by the military in the very near future. The OICW and the XM-8 are going to be the new U.S. Army weapons to replace the M16 and the M203. These are to be fielded in the summer of 2005 or 4th Quarter FY 2005. These have already been field tested and are currently being used by US Spec Ops in Iraq today.

Can't wait to hear the outcry from the pacifists and liberals on this one.

Maybe we should start singing kumbya just now to calm them down.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Another new weapon is the xm25 " sniper?" rifle although it is really an anti-material weapon. It is a 25mm semi-auto made by Barret ( maker of wondrous toys) . But, back to the subject at hand, we will use this weapon regardless of what bleeding hearts say. These wimps would have us turn the other cheek after september 11th and, look within as to why these people feel so angry towards us wouldn't they? Anyway, in anti-terror conflicts we are freed-up to use and act as we see fit. And also the 50 caliber is not against the rules to use against people ---everybody does. Diected energy is the way of the future. Both lethal and non-lethal.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bign
Another new weapon is the xm25 " sniper?" rifle although it is really an anti-material weapon. It is a 25mm semi-auto made by Barret ( maker of wondrous toys) . But, back to the subject at hand, we will use this weapon regardless of what bleeding hearts say. These wimps would have us turn the other cheek after september 11th and, look within as to why these people feel so angry towards us wouldn't they? Anyway, in anti-terror conflicts we are freed-up to use and act as we see fit. And also the 50 caliber is not against the rules to use against people ---everybody does. Diected energy is the way of the future. Both lethal and non-lethal.

The XM25 has been discontinued because Gen Schoomaker wants to keep the 50 cal. The XM25 is going to be rechambered to use 50cal rounds. The best new weapon is the xm347 (i think) which is to replace the Mark19 mounted grenade launcher. This weapon is to fire 50cal rounds as well as explosive grenade rounds.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
www.rense.com...

although a yahoo search found others as well I liked this one the best.

Just melt your enemies, tanks, men, guns, etc. Horribly cool.

Rense.com is full of garbage that the webmaster makes up. Most of the stories are so ridiculous it's hilarious. No evidence, no pictures, nothing. That story even states that Patrick Dillon has "cinematic evidence" of the weapon, yet no links or clips or ANYTHING, just words. I'm not attacking you, just the BS site.

Although I do believe the government do have classified weapons. However they wouldn't use it in the middle of a city with the media crawling all over the place.

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Shmigoli]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

These weapons are currently under development. The ones that were used in Iraq are non-lethal ones. Unfortunately the lethal direct energy weapons have not been approved by NATO or the UN. The ones used were used to help detain heads of government. Basically what they do is aim this weapon at someone and pull the trigger. It sends out electromagnetic waves that make the recipient feel as if his or her blood is boiling (which it isn't) and then the recipient is then detained. Lethal versions of these are being tested at Ft. Knox and Ft. Benning. I have personally seen the ones at Ft. Benning being tested and one infantryman can take out a full battle tank with one shot. It's amazing. The OICW is also being tested at Ft. Benning along with the XM-8.

You have personally seen these weapons have you ?
Enough BS, your credibility has just gone to zero.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

There is nothing groundbreaking about the XM8, it's just a simple gun like the M4. It's still old technology packaged in a new box, nothing more.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

You have personally seen these weapons have you ?
Enough BS, your credibility has just gone to zero.

What makes you think that I haven't seen these weapons? I am in the military and work in a top secret facility that processes messages from around the world as well as aid in testing of new weapons. I have seen a few of these weapons and have fired a few. The XM8 is a completely new type of weapon not just any other gun. It works in a completely new way than any other American weapon. Instead of using a gas tube to use the gasses from the fired round to load another round into the chamber it uses an actuating rod that has just been developed. This new rifle does not use any gasses from the rounds fired. This makes the weapon extremely reliable because it does not get carbon build up at all. It can also fire 2,000 rounds on full auto without jamming once. There is no other weapon in the world that can do that. Even if you don't work with these weapons it's very easy to see them and hold them. Have you ever heard of the Land Combat Expo? All the weapons that I have discussed on this thread were there and everyone that was at the expo could pickup the weapons and test them out and everything. Don't attack my credibility before you know. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm wiling to bet the military could not resist the chance to test them out.

Its an ideal place and time to do so.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I agree, Iraq is the perfect place to test new weapon systems out, the media is only seeing what the American military wants them to see.

Directed energy weapons would be the perfect weapon to use against the rebels .... microwave them to death

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A change in military methods from pure attack minded roles to troops being used in policing type roles needs this type of weapon to be fast-tracked into service. There must be some pics of tanks etc with this type of weapon mounted?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Some good reading for the hand wringers:

www.afa.org...

www.de.afrl.af.mil...

www.globalsecurity.org...

The ADS isn't a killer in fact it isn't even a laser. Regardless, 100kw is the benchmark for a SSL or FEL weapon and that is at least 5-10 years away, in the lab. A COIL may be able to produce the power in the field but is rather logisticaly burdonsome.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by Sybaris]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join