It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to use directed energy weapons in iraq!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
devilwasp...

do you have some kind of childish vendeta against Mad Scientist.. you seem to follow him from thread to thread trying to be contradictory to his statements.. I have witnessed you do this.. try to be less juvenile and back up your contradictory statement or I will have to send a letter home to your parents/guardians.

No offence intended..

i am not on a vendetta agaisnt him i did look at this thread earlier and if you read prevois statements in the china VS taiwwan thread, you will notice i beilieve in the GC and hate it when people say "screw the GC its useless"
no offence intended as well.
if mad scientist wants to stop tlking to me then we'll both agree to ignore each other i am quite happy to do that.

[edit on 19-9-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. The directed energy weapons being tested are non leathal and are not being developed for their leathality (at this time). These and other weapons are being developed and deployed to help find better ways of dealing with these situations. As such they would not go against the GC or any other standing articles of engagement that the civilized nations adhere to.

Now, in the case of fighting against a people who find it acceptable to hack at a persons neck with a dull blade until their head comes off I don't see how any of the "civilized" rules of engagement can be adhered to. I don't personally think that making a pile of POW's even comes close to comparing to what is being perpetrated by those same POW's before they are captured. And, if pictures of naked POW's being led around on a leash by a woman make some of those people stop fighting, then that's even better, isn't it? Woudln't that be a surrender without shots fired? I think it would and I'm all for it.

I think the US should be commended for trying to use nudie pics and non-lethal force to end this conflict.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. The directed energy weapons being tested are non leathal and are not being developed for their leathality (at this time). These and other weapons are being developed and deployed to help find better ways of dealing with these situations. As such they would not go against the GC or any other standing articles of engagement that the civilized nations adhere to.

would you like it if the USA gov decided to test its weapons on you?

Now, in the case of fighting against a people who find it acceptable to hack at a persons neck with a dull blade until their head comes off I don't see how any of the "civilized" rules of engagement can be adhered to. I don't personally think that making a pile of POW's even comes close to comparing to what is being perpetrated by those same POW's before they are captured. And, if pictures of naked POW's being led around on a leash by a woman make some of those people stop fighting, then that's even better, isn't it? Woudln't that be a surrender without shots fired? I think it would and I'm all for it.

just because they can do it doesnt mean we can or have to. i'd rather have a military that doesnt butcher POW's or mistreat them or lead them around on leashes that is fighitng a difficult war than have one that does. also many people in there are only "thought" to be in line with insurgents many arnt. how can you tell a terorist from a civie? also it wont stop them ,it will make them madder and give them a reason to fight against the coalition. it would also show the coalition doesnt care about prisnors so we would be no better than the thugs themselves.

I think the US should be commended for trying to use nudie pics and non-lethal force to end this conflict.

non leathal force ,yes.
nude pics, no.
how would you like it ,if you got arested , being led around naked?

IBM

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
About time we started using these toys. Finally the R&D has paid off and I would like to thank the scientists and engineers for creating microwave, laser and particle weapons. The only thing is we are not being harsh enough with the terrorists. I mean keeping them in jail??!! We should shoot them on the spot.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

I mean keeping them in jail??!! We should shoot them on the spot.

what?
the british army tried that in NI belive me it didnt work. it only pissed them off more and we got some serios retaliations.
russia has tried the same thing and they got bad retaliations as well.

IBM

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by IBM

I mean keeping them in jail??!! We should shoot them on the spot.

what?
the british army tried that in NI belive me it didnt work. it only pissed them off more and we got some serios retaliations.
russia has tried the same thing and they got bad retaliations as well.

It will work, you keep killing them until there are no longer any left for retaliation. Just depends on which side has greater population.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

It will work, you keep killing them until there are no longer any left for retaliation. Just depends on which side has greater population.

DUDE IT DOES NOT WORK!
your talking about genocide!
if you kill just a random civilain you'll get more than just insurgents to worry about!

IBM

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Im not talking about killing a random civilian, a terrorist is not a civilian.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

but can you tell the diffrence between the two?
the way your saying it , it sounds like you want to get every who is a terrorist and shoot them that fair enough but frankly these people dont know that we're not invading they think we are invadeing and we are trying to take their land from them.
also can you tell the difrence between a civie and a terrorist?
and do you think every one in Abu Ghraib is a terorist?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Guys got a point we imprison terrorists they kidnap and cut peoples heads off.. the gloves are off i say, bring on the new tech

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Guys got a point we imprison terrorists they kidnap and cut peoples heads off.. the gloves are off i say, bring on the new tech

not every one in the prisoners are terrorists.
they want us out cause we bombeed thier country.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Terrorism is a noun, we are fighting a war against a noun. It is a tactic, a method. How can our current administration commit our country to a war against a noun, a war which that are saying isn't likely to end in our life time? Terrorists aren't Iraqis, they aren't Iranians, they aren't Syrians or Turks, they are terrorists. When Eric Rudolph bombed the abortion clinic, did our government go in and bomb then occupy Western NC? Did we bomb Saudi Arabia for 9-11 (most of the terrorists invovled were saudi nationals, the rest of them turned out to be alive and well)? Why? Because this war is not about terrorism at all, there hasn't been an honest war since the 1800's, and even that one has been subverted from the real issues of states rights to slavery. The conflict in Iraq is not about terrorism, if it were we would be going after Israel, Saudi Arabia, Halliburton. We can't profess our righteousness in this war on terror, we created, armed, supplied, trained, subverted every single one of these 'rogue' nations, when you create a monster you have to feed it.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
devilwasp - I can't believe how naive you are. Here's how you can tell a terrorist from a regular civilian in the middle east. YOU personally go there. The people that kidnap and kill you are terrorists. The ones who watch and do nothing will be regular civilians like me who are sick and tired of your bleeding heart mis-guided ways.

As for the soldiers who are there fighting, its very easy for them to tell a terrorist from a civilian. The terrorists are the ones who are trying to kill the soldiers. The regular civilians are the ones who thank the soldiers for everything that they have done and will do (or at least are just trying to live their lives without killing anyone).

Now, after your trip to the middle east (assuming you survive) log back on and post if you would rather the soliders use weapons (non-lethal, lethal, pictoral or what have they) or not.

As for all your comments about "would you want it done to you?" I answer yes I would. If I lived a life in which I killed randomly and indiscriminately, I would want all those nasty, horrible things to happen to me because I would deserve it. Just like the scum that it is happening to now. Too bad it isn't happening to more of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Ask the iraqi people if they want saddam back, i think the answer will be no thanks. And with 9/11 and madrid and embassy bombings around the world well other people have been bombed too. You cannot leave iraq now it would be more dangerous than staying. And live by the sword die by the microwave tank

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
devilwasp - I can't believe how naive you are. Here's how you can tell a terrorist from a regular civilian in the middle east. YOU personally go there. The people that kidnap and kill you are terrorists. The ones who watch and do nothing will be regular civilians like me who are sick and tired of your bleeding heart mis-guided ways.

yes they are terrorists BUT what is he fighting for?

As for the soldiers who are there fighting, its very easy for them to tell a terrorist from a civilian. The terrorists are the ones who are trying to kill the soldiers. The regular civilians are the ones who thank the soldiers for everything that they have done and will do (or at least are just trying to live their lives without killing anyone).

no person over there thanks them they have killed many civies by firendly fire or misidentification. identifying a terrrorist is by no means easy. how can you tell the diffrence between a man defending his family and a terrorist ?
regular civilians hate us there cause of the propaganda and misinformation run by inurgent forces.

Now, after your trip to the middle east (assuming you survive) log back on and post if you would rather the soliders use weapons (non-lethal, lethal, pictoral or what have they) or not.

i would rather NOT have our soldiers there. and also i would rather have them haveing non lethal but testing them in iraq goes too far. would the US civilain population give the go ahead sign
for testing new weapons on mobs or riots?

As for all your comments about "would you want it done to you?" I answer yes I would. If I lived a life in which I killed randomly and indiscriminately, I would want all those nasty, horrible things to happen to me because I would deserve it. Just like the scum that it is happening to now. Too bad it isn't happening to more of them.

wtf kind of sick scum are you , sorry mods but this just goes to far.
not every one there is fighting and killing random people they are using every tool to get an invader force out of thier country. if the USA had been in thier position , military destroyed, econmy destroyed, goverment removed and their civies killed by acident would they use tatics like this ?yes, would britain? yes, would most western countries would.
just before you start saying i love terrorists , i dont. i dont support their methods or actions im just showing why this war is pointless.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Ask the iraqi people if they want saddam back, i think the answer will be no thanks. And with 9/11 and madrid and embassy bombings around the world well other people have been bombed too. You cannot leave iraq now it would be more dangerous than staying. And live by the sword die by the microwave tank

at least then they werent bombed for liveing in thier house, they only got opressed if they were shiate or speaking against saddam.
yes and? your point is?
how would it be more dangerous than leaving?
live by the sword? so they cant defend themselves? so you should impose the same laws in america?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

The funniest thing is that this device is non lethal, they don't have the tech yet to boost the power enough to actually melt tanks. Look at the Airbourne Laser, it would just slightly warm a tank and the thing is almost as big as a 747.

No they can be made lethal, without any problems, microwaves don't need that much energy as lasers.

P.S. And ABL is not "warming the tank", just the 100kW laser is able to melt through 4mm of steel per second, and ABL has output of several MW.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

at least then they werent bombed for liveing in thier house, they only got opressed if they were shiate or speaking against saddam.
yes and? your point is?
how would it be more dangerous than leaving?
live by the sword? so they cant defend themselves? so you should impose the same laws in america?

because if we leave the terrorists gain another country thats my point.

IBM

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Oh and terrosrrsits didnt bomb our country? I remember 9/11. This is a message to all terroists. You will get your @$$ bombed if you do this.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

because if we leave the terrorists gain another country thats my point.

and we have stopped the terrorists getting this country?
no we havnt , we've made it easier.
how easy would it be for shiate insurgents to take the gov after the coalition leaves?
the only way to stop terrorists is take away what they want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join