It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give murderers rope in their jail cells: Senator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

OTTAWA - A Conservative senator is in hot water for saying Wednesday that murderers should be given a rope in their cell in case they want to hang themselves.

Senator Pierre-Hugues Boisvenu, who sits on the Senate legal committee,made the controversial comments while talking to reporters before the Conservative caucus meeting.

Link

NATIONAL POST

THE GLOBE AND MAIL

It seems to be a bit insensitive.
Incitement to commit suicide is illegal in Canada, I say he should be charged for saying those comments.

edit on 1-2-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

If a prisoner wants to commit suicide,hes going to find a way.

No rope needed.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

great for hanging guards..other inmates..lying thieving politicians who cause the deaths of MILLIONS to make a buck...not to mention ropes are great for escaping with

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I dont think Harper would like that Idea to much - how else would he fill his pocket by building super-prisons if they go kill themselves!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just a quick thought...most murderers are in prison...so give them rope in their "cells" like the article says!

Sure a murderer might be in a jail cell until convicted and sent to prison...but until convicted...leave ropes out of the jails!

Edited the title to fit the content of the article...catch that?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
"It seems to be a bit insensitive."

So is murdering people. I think every cell should have a rope. Why waste taxpayer dollars?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I know this may sound sound really bad...but should everyone not have the freedom to commit suicide? Don't want to digress from the topic, but being locked up for life...and not able to end the bid earlier, must be intolerable. but then again, rotting in the cell for life not being able to end that may be more of a punishment...

nevermind...don't give em ropes and let em rot! they don't deserve any options to get out of the situation

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
They already already have rope
it is attached to a soap BAR.
No shame in that.
Hell senator why not give them
cyanide pills?? jax ass

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Sounds reasonable to me.
But the other poster had a good point.

'' use it to hang other inmates, guards ''

In that case, have a noose firmly attached to a beam so it cant be taken down or altered.

that way, they can decide to look at the noose for the rest of their lives in the cell.. or save John Doe wasting his tax dollars.

plus, it takes the burdon off the over crowded systems.

I'm all for it!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
A capital info you should know about him :

Boisvenu is a victim of violent crime. In June 2002, his older daughter was murdered by a repeat offender.

BUT

In Canada, encouraging suicide is a crime. So should be encouraging our prison system to break the Criminal Code. In fact, the code prescribes real jail time – 14 years – for individuals who incite someone to commit suicide.

Indirectly, the senator is also suggesting that the death penalty be restored. He just doesn’t have the guts to say it.

NOW THE WORST PART :

Boisvenu sits on the Senate’s legal and constitutional affairs committee, the committee that is studying Bill C-10.

Bill C-10 is titled The Safe Streets and Communities Act.

If passed into law, the legislation would obliterate Canada’s humane, compassion-based criminal justice system, and replace it with the Tories’ vindictive, ideology-driven tough-on-crime approach.

10 reasons to oppose Bill C-10

In addition to be prosecuted, he should be removed immediately from the committee

edit on 2/2/2012 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join