It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans vs Non Americans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
reply to post by jude11

Great read, thanks.

Perhaps something is being overlooked though?

It's the Big Ego that gets up other people's noses.. the "We are the Greatest Country on Earth".. apparently the best at everything, the inventors of everything worth anything despite facts to the contrary, etc. This mindset is brainwashed into the population.

Many people in the rest of the world are disgusted by what passes as okay in American Culture.. particularly within the the stuff that is exported like Movies, TV shows and a lot of the Music with its negative sub-cultural background, etc.

But, most people are too damn lazy to get off their butts, stand up and say loudly.. Hell NO!! We don't want this shyte entering our country and spoiling our children.. so while they may complain at times they must also take some of the blame.

While in the US many years ago I came across a few of the "ugly yanks".. as I call them, and quite a few genuinely decent people.. as I suspect most would be perhaps. .. oh and a few of the weirdos too.

I enjoyed the decent people and sharing the good things that our individual cultures have to offer. But the ugly ones.. they learned that Australians do not live in Fear.. well.. never used to.. many under 30 or over 70 do now.

To end... I think it is the massive ego being radiated out from the US that upsets the rest of the world.. which we see when the US plays World Police without the legal right to do so, and in all the Media being exported.

Just an old guys 2 cents worth today

I do see your point and agree with your premise but I wanted the thread to actually show that America is being destroyed from within by its own leaders destroying the Constitution.

Every Nation has their ego IMO. When I was in South Korea for example, the mind set seemed to be that they were the greatest Nation on Earth. They created TV, the telephone, computers and so on. Not all are this way but so many are. Very much like you are describing the US.

Of course there will always be exceptions. But is it truly the fault of the people that are of the thought they are the greatest or is it that they are so indoctrinated by Govt, media etc to have become this way?

Good point tho...Star for you sir.

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I do a lot of YouTubin' on the subject of wars procreated BY America. The American Military Industrial Complex (factories for war) may be owned by greedy "Americans", but is filled with workers who have rent to pay and kids to feed, right? The Government (elected by the people) declares war on foreign sovereign nations and the Army (made of soldiers who have rent to pay and kids to feed) use the weapons made in the factories that the government authorized the tax money for to invade and murder other countries peoples and take their stuff.

If we are to justify all that chain of behavior to the victims overseas, what do you say? Sorry about that? I don't vote, pay taxes or work in any of those defense plants? Does that make me a true American? Difficult questions for anyone claiming to be an American.

Someone else said it was akin to living in Nazi Germany before WWII. I concur. And remember what happened to the German and Japanese citizens during that epoch? They were held to be as culpable as their respective governments . They were carpet bombed, fire bombed and nuked as well.

Scared of our Government yes. Scared even more of the eventual world response to our naked aggression over time. Please forgive us citizens of planet earth and the human race, we know not what we do...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I agree too with your perception, as I think it is something of an agenda in play in all western cultures.

One fact for sure is that all those who are in Politics now and have been for some time are what I call Career or Lifestyle Politicians.. there not for the good they can do for the population, but for the Lifestyle it offers, and in many cases the agenda they can help further along by doing their backroom deals.

I find it saddening that people vote but do not understand the vote counts for nothing anymore.. as if it ever really did. Most don't understand the Government is not interested in what the population wants, it only cares about two things.. trying to look good in public and ensuring it stays afloat and in power over the populations.

And I also think the US goverments of late have done little to improve the world's perception of the U.S. as you rightly say. Simple things like ensuring every single one of your troops treat occupied people's with the same respect that the troops show for their brotherhood would go a long way in winning hearts and minds. Quite the opposite occurs when people see their culture, their ways, their sensitivities being thrown aside in the pursuit of warring.

All said and done.. I think we are in for a lot more of what we have been seeing of late... hang on coz the ride will be worth it in the long run when the system fails fully, people finally get over that occuring and move on to more Positive Creations for the future.. if we are to have one.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
choice of words, I follow some of what you are saying. Of all the people that migrate to America its the Arabs that seem to take on the western life style the most. That is something I just don't understand. I see the Arab women in Newport, all the cosmetic surgery. Every detail looking good and noticeable. They can't walk the streets of Saudi or Iran like that. Yet they hate USA. It perplexes me too.

People do die to get into America.

Un- Non Americans. Do you mean the people that are so disillusioned with America that they speak bad about their country instead of blaming its ELECTED leaders. Me I speak bad about Crapitalism all the time. I just don't have a solution. But see I can do that. I am free to say I don't like it. Nobody can lock me up for that.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
choice of words, I follow some of what you are saying. Of all the people that migrate to America its the Arabs that seem to take on the western life style the most. That is something I just don't understand. I see the Arab women in Newport, all the cosmetic surgery. Every detail looking good and noticeable. They can't walk the streets of Saudi or Iran like that. Yet they hate USA. It perplexes me too.

People do die to get into America.

Un- Non Americans. Do you mean the people that are so disillusioned with America that they speak bad about their country instead of blaming its ELECTED leaders. Me I speak bad about Crapitalism all the time. I just don't have a solution. But see I can do that. I am free to say I don't like it. Nobody can lock me up for that.

I am actually referring to those that would sacrifice their Country, sell it, trade it and reduce the citizens to nothing more than paupers, tools to be used in order to gain personally.

These people in control at all levels of Govt. and industry are the real traitors in America and are therefore not deserving of the title "American" but rather Non-American IMO.

I can't blame people for speaking bad about their Country through frustration and disillusion because they are at least honest and awake to what is happening. It's the people that have brought them to this point that are Non-American.

Thanks,

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think ops is making the rightful statement.

The American ideal is life, liberty, and persuit of happiness.
Sounds good, who doesn't want that..sort of a world ideal really.

The issue comes with the my life, my liberty, and my persuit of happiness, regardless of how much I damage yours mindset.

But, keep in mind, this is not exclusive to american arses. worldwide you have the majority get along and just try to find your corner of happiness, and the few that will gladly ground up their grandmother for profit or power. There is arguably no difference in percentage of population to sociopathic behavior.

America is rich (still...somehow.)..so we are the main focus (fairly or unfairly)...I think when people slam america..be it the peoples arrogance, or leaders, etc..its more them using a focal point but its really subconsciously slamming their own people with the attributes they find sickening..for the most part.

As far as those whom decide to hate all americans because of ___...meh, they are easily dismissed as being inferior lifeforms pretending to be smart chimps. Chances are, they simply lost a boyfriend/girlfriend to (name race, religion, or country of origin) person and are just projecting out their inner worthlessness. I pity them..and a sort of medieval type look down at them pity that should insult their honor (if they had any.)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
OP Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying that if fellow US citizens don't share your opinions on important matters of state then you don't consider them Americans?

I find that viewpoint strange and more than a bit distrubing unless if I've understood wrongly. Its completely normal to have people within one's country who hold differing opinions, but it doesn't mean their citizenship should be stripped from them, or that they are somehow 'lesser' citizens...
edit on 2-2-2012 by freethinker123 because: missed a word

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
OP Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying that if fellow US citizens don't share your opinions on important matters of state then you don't consider them Americans?

I find that viewpoint strange and more than a bit distrubing unless if I've understood wrongly. Its completely normal to have people within one's country who hold differing opinions, but it doesn't mean their citizenship should be stripped from them, or that they are somehow 'lesser' citizens...
edit on 2-2-2012 by freethinker123 because: missed a word

Sorry but you are indeed wrong in my meaning. Maybe you missed this post inside the thread?

"I am actually referring to those that would sacrifice their Country, sell it, trade it and reduce the citizens to nothing more than paupers, tools to be used in order to gain personally.

These people in control at all levels of Govt. and industry are the real traitors in America and are therefore not deserving of the title "American" but rather Non-American IMO.

I can't blame people for speaking bad about their Country through frustration and disillusion because they are at least honest and awake to what is happening. It's the people that have brought them to this point that are Non-American."

From the OP:

the Non Americans that are in public office, destroying the US from the inside and mowing down innocent people around the World in order to achieve their goal of World dominance. These are the ones the World hates. Not the hard working people trying to survive with what is being done to them from the Non Americans. Not the ones raising their kids, hoping for a better future. Not the folks losing jobs, houses, dignity.

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Forgive me but isn't the primary role in a capitalist society to make a profit?
Can we really blame people for following the current philosophy that reaps the most rewards?

I don't agree with you that the people that are selling America are non Americans and I really don't understand your point either. Unless I'm mistaken you are suggesting that the old style Americans who have been living in the country for longer are less likely for example to close down their factories in the US and open up in China in order that they and company executives gain personally in the form of high wages / profits. I would say that capitalism knows no boundaries, and that there is no difference on this point between Americans that have been living in the US for generations and new arrivals. The behaviour is the same.

The world has moved on since the US constitution was written and this nostalgic idea that American citizens can ignore market economics and remain wedded to the old ways is a fantasy, if that is what you are suggesting.

BTW I am not an ardent supporter of the market, I believe there are certain values that are more important, but that is not the world we currently live in.

If I have misunderstood then I would welcome you to expand on your idea of non-Americanism and who exactly these non-Americans are...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

When people rant its easier to just say "America or Americans". I for one do not hate the American people. Americans are generally nice , easy to talk to and open. But I do not like them poking their nose into every other countries' affairs and using threatening "strong arm " tactics to get their way. I just feel its wrong to do so. So I still love the American people and good ol'USA but I'll still post threads about my dislikes of their foreign policy. What does that make me?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join