It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teeth a design flaw in humans (re: rotting)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm assuming he meant regenerate assuming there's a "cavity", there's still some root.
(The space where the root sits is not a cavity, there's some other dental term so they are confused.)

I have a chipped tooth that grew. Incidently, its my wisdom tooth that my doctor tried to take out for hours and ended up breaking it all off and couldnt get the root out. It impacted and was painful but i decided to let it grow since it grew SOOO fast and so did the others, I have CROWDING cuz of 4 huge wisdoms plus all others. but so be it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Destroyed tooth structure does not fully regenerate, although remineralization of very small carious lesions may occur if dental hygiene is kept at optimal level.[1] For the small lesions, topical fluoride is sometimes used to encourage remineralization. For larger lesions, the progression of dental caries can be stopped by treatment. The goal of treatment is to preserve tooth structures and prevent further destruction of the tooth. Aggressive treatment, by filling, of incipient carious lesions, places where there is superficial damage to the enamel, is controversial as they may heal themselves, while once a filling is performed it will eventually have to be redone and the site serves as a vulnerable site for further decay.[8]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You need to have at least 2, preferably 3 factors in your diet that provide the right fat soluble vitamins.

1: Unpasteurised Milk
2: Fish Guts (Cod Liver Oil is suitable)
3: Meat Offal - Liver, Kidneys, Heart, etc

With 2 out of 3 of those regularly in your diet, your teeth can regenerate.

If you also have enough magnesium (and most people don't) your body can produce new enamel as well. Getting your magnesium transdermally (through the skin) is best for this, such as having an epsom salt bath regularly.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JarredAus

Ummm its pretty clear I meant regenerate a hardened enamel if the cavity isn't too deep not grow a new tooth.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Our ancient ancestors revered the elderly, and kept them alive, even when they were sick or unable to feed themselves. The fossil records attest to this type of behavior, going back hundreds of thousands of years.

Damn shame it is not like this in todays society - in the US, at least!! I LOVE elderly people!! They have sooooo very much to offer concerning their experiences, resilience, and really?? I prefer being around elderly than other folks.

In general, I do not really care for people (trust me, I do have a few I trust with my life) much. Most are rude, inconsiderate, and self-absorbed. Rarely, will I initiate a conversation with anyone out in public. But, I most always find myself talking with my elders on a regular basis. I have a TON of respect for them and this country, and it's people, do not take care of our elders as they did hundreds of years back.

Just a damn shame............

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yeah damn shame talk about

"spoiled rotten"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
research vitamin k2, also known as "activator x". This vitamin, in combination with vitamins A and D, can combat, and even reverse tooth decay nutritionally. It can also prevent the need for braces is introduced into childrens diets at an early age. This vitamin, if taken in conjunction with vitamins a and d allows the body to create an enzyme which can metabolize calcium. Thus the body can take calcium from where it is, and take it to where it's needed.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ancient people had cavities just like us.

www.uic.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join