It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birth is the number one cause of death and a hidden brain disease.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Being born is the number one cause of death. Who do we blame for that?

Isn't it amazing how many people want so badly to be dictators? Maybe not. That's exactly why we will never have peace. Everyone wants to control everyone else and nobody is responsible for their own actions.

I'm beginning to believe that a brain disease is epidemic and it destroys peoples ability to engage in critical thinking. There is plenty of evidence to support my theory.

I propose a new theory that there is in fact an unnoticed brain disease, perhaps viral, that has over the last few decades spread throughout the world. We assume its just narcissism, grandiose delusions, fanaticism or activism but in reality it is an undetected disease.

My evidence -

The symptoms -

-You believe that everyone else should only believe in or do the things you approve of personally, no matter how irrational.

-You don't recognize others rights to live their own lives the way they want and go after them even though they are doing nothing to you.

-You hate anyone who does not believe the same way you do, for no other reason than it pisses you off because they don't agree with you.

-You actively try to stop others from activities that cause you no harm because you wish to control them and force your beliefs on them.

-You blame others for things you do to yourself and try to get even with other people who did nothing to you.

-You attack private property or innocent people who have nothing to do with what you are mad about and have never done anything to you and believe that is OK. Nobody but you and what you want matters.

I think my theoretical brain disease has enough evidence in a single day to launch a massive study to find the cause before it kills us all or we all end up under a one world Dictatorship compliments of those with the disease. Even worse than that with one of the diseased people in charge.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Pretty sure the human race has ALWAYS been this stupid. If this is a disease than its one that has been spread since the beginning of time. Keep in mind that they used to have people battle to the death for their entertainment in arenas in ancient Rome - people have always and will always be capable of some pretty messed up stuff.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
MAd cow disease...... lol
cometh the zombie apocolypse

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Yes, this disease of the brain has been with us undiagnosed for millennium's. It does exist however. Perhaps we all have varying levels of it, in fact I'm sure we do.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

Some of my favorite movies. I never miss a "Walking Dead People" movie. My Wife thinks it's nuts because I'm so reserved otherwise. Brains!

You suppose the only answer to my proposed disease is to destroy the brain?
edit on 2/1/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Best thread I've seen on ATS in a long, long time.
S+F from me.

I do have a potential remedy: everyone should live by the words in my signature. but even now, i'm trying to tell people how they should live....oh noes! I have the sickness! help me please! somebody!
Does this mean I'm doomed to die?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
yes cause we will never be satisfied, thus the lust for blood
I guess where already zombies in a sense
If a brain disease not sure, but something definitly not right with us

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
surely there is reason to believe that a group of smart people could form and work on educating the rest?
all the while ethically killing off the undesirables?
too eugenicy??

I concede that those stupid people stand out above the rest, but it's like comparing them to einstein,
too high of expectations when the base of intelligence is set at jersey shore running on fluoride water and mcnuggets.

someone did something right if we are able to talk coherently about something tangible, surely something right is occuring!!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Pretty sure the human race has ALWAYS been this stupid.

people have always and will always be capable of some pretty messed up stuff.

I think what the OP is talking about is something other than just stupidity. People have been doing some stuff lately that goes way beyond stupid stuff.

you're right about the part where we do some messed up stuff...
as Dostoevsky said, "People talk sometimems of bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts. a beast can never be so cruel as a man, so artistically cruel.The tiger only tears and gnaws, that's all he can do. He would never think of nailing people by the ears, even if he were able to do it. These Turks took a pleasure in torturing children too."

Some call this disease the OP is talking about "The human condition."
edit on 1-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: typos

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Good point, but lets keep the T & C violations out of this shall we.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Oddly enough some of the sufferers are brilliant enough to be Professors in Ivy League schools or hold high elected office. This disease knows no boundaries of intellect, culture, race or financial situation. Nobody is immune and I've suffered from it myself from time to time.

My cure lately is slap myself firmly in the head and take a few steps back, while reminding myself to walk a mile in the other persons shoes and that they have the same right to what they believe as I do. It does not always work and I regret when I let it overwhelm me, my mouth and my written words.

The symptoms come on all at once like a Tsunami and overwhelm my brain as I react without thinking or caring what garbage spews from my temporarily diseased mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
No society has been able to abolish human sadness, no political system can deliver us from the pain of living, from our fear of death, our thirst for the absolute. It is the human condition that directs the social condition, not vice versa.”
Eugene Ionesco quotes (French dramatist inspired a revolution in dramatic techniques, 1909-1994)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

True. We have to cure ourselves of this madness. Nobody can do it for us.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sort of unrelated, but that's why I don't want kids.
People have children (the ones that plan it) because of their selfish desire to reproduce and have that "fulfillment" of passing on their genes, pride, etc. Yet, if you look at the world, we're overpopulated, people grow bitter, the world is corrupt. So why is it people want to bring another life (a short-lived on at that, considering our mortality) into a world that will just sort of inevitably ruin (for lack of a better word) the child's life in the first place. It's a mystery to me. Kind of evidence that we are still primitive beings incapable of rational and logical thinking in terms of the big picture.
edit on 3-2-2012 by TheUndertaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
Pretty sure the human race has ALWAYS been this stupid.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Absolutely. But with a 24 hour news cycle and You Tube and the Internet in general, we just see it quicker and in greater abundance.

Maybe with that sort of mirror held up to us so often, we'll reach the "stupid" tipping point and come to realize how absurd we are. This will ultimately precipitate a New Age of peace and enlightenment that will reign for thousands of years.

Naaah.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Not sure it could be accurate at all to say that "birth" causes death. We might start dying from the very day we are born onward but...

Well, anyway, I understand what you mean regarding the general state of mind of people these days. If we could wipe out vanity/pride, greed, and the whole "I'm always right, and you're wrong" line of thought, we'd make leaps and bounds in societal advancement. 3 little things. Sounds so simple doesn't it?

"Simple..."
Makes me think of that one commercial:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The only inevitable action in our lives is death.

I don't think that some disease has run rampant among people. I think that people are now more aware than ever of that fact and have lost value for life in general. A lot of these crazy attitudes people have are something like "what have I got to loose?".

Also, if you feed a dog too much, it gets fat. If you let it eat holes in your couches, it continues to do so and teaches any new dogs the same. "We", as in people now days, feed our children crap and do not discipline - there are no consequences. The children of those children just get worse. Anyone who hands out discipline gets disciplined themselves. Soooo people have just stopped doing it. "We" created this.

We promote "acceptance and equality", but all we have done, in reality, is diluted values to the point that people can hardly even tell what they are.

Interaction on a social level is a learned behavior. Someone who hasn't learned that these actions are ok would be sitting in a corner of a room, locked in their house, scared and unsure of how to act in public.

This is humanity's sick little creation.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My cure lately is slap myself firmly in the head and take a few steps back, while reminding myself to walk a mile in the other persons shoes and that they have the same right to what they believe as I do.

But you are not really a threat, now are you? Nor am I. But when those who are in the final grips of this merciless diseased grey matter come after us with all their hateful and homicidal symptoms, then, we are forced in the position of obligatorily rising to the occasion.

They leave us without much choice if we wish to live, or maintain our peace. Interlopers. Intruders. What cha gonna do?
edit on 2/21/2012 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join