It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS plans announcement at noon.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
*** Exclusive ***

I've been informed that the thing was delayed because someone is being flown in.

Details when i get em.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Senate investigation of CBS = Bad move.

The media can smell a shark a mile off and they know that if CBS falls then they might go next.

They're going to turn the media against them if they conduct an investigation.

What "media" Nerdling? The Cable embeds?

It's over. Journalism is dead.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

This confuses me...

As a journalist when you fudge something you quietly cover it up and let it drop out of sight, but CBS have been adding more fuel to the fire every second day and now they're setting up a grandstanding PR event that they keep pushing back.

It's all very confusing.

I gave RANT a bad time last month about the amateurish campaign being run by the Kerry camp. I speculated that the Dems were split and a few within the party were going out of their way to submarine Kerry to set Hilary up in 2008. At the time RANT said he would withhold judgement until the debates before deciding if the fix was in.

Well, its a month later and CBS is now being accused of either manufacturing the memos or being duped into believing that these memos were genuine. Who gave CBS these memos - who would they trust so blindly? I almost feel sorry for them because their confidence in them last week was unshakable. They believed in their source and he screwed them.

Are we seeing the destruction of a candidate by some within his own party?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

*** Exclusive ***

I've been informed that the thing was delayed because someone is being flown in.

Details when i get em.

Well Dan is on air anyway in 15 minutes. It's been hyped and delayed til then for ratings most likely.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

It's already a rotting corpse, where have you been?

"Please remain. You furnish the pictures, I'll furnish the war."

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If you're able to tune into the CBS evening news i urge you to tune in.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

It's already a rotting corpse, where have you been?

"Please remain. You furnish the pictures, I'll furnish the war."

"Remember the Maine! To hell with Spain!!!"

Okay, so maybe there never was any legitimate press, but they're still important! I was pretty enamoured with how they used to take on Presidents in the 70's and affect change. Now, nothing.

And anyone still trying to cover a hard hitting story can be so easily manipulated (like Bleys was saying)...sigh.

I give up. The Senate probe though is just not a good idea to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Local CBS news didn't have anything. I am willing to bet it will be on Dan's evening news if anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don't care about ANYTHING they have to say. As far as I'm concerned they have tried to keep me in front of the T.V. all day long, lying about when they will make their big announcement and it never coming. What a waste of my time.

They might as well be the National Enquirer as far as I'm concerned. I will not watch them EVER again.

Toodles CBS.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

"Remember the Maine! To hell with Spain!!!"

That's one thing I wish we had, better war slogans. World War II was the pinancle of the art form

Okay, so maybe there never was any legitimate press, but they're still important! I was pretty enamoured with how they used to take on Presidents in the 70's and affect change. Now, nothing.

I personally believe that, even though things aren't great now, they are nowhere as bad as they have been during Vietnam. Add in that there is still a large group of vocal citizens that support the war, and the news really can't question beyond "How do you repond to some of the population disliking you?" Hell, every President has had to deal with that, it's not really a question. And now (especially with Kerry somehow turning a probable victory into a crash and burn) Bush is starting to actually be favorable to the majority again.

And anyone still trying to cover a hard hitting story can be so easily manipulated (like Bleys was saying)...sigh.

I give up. The Senate probe though is just not a good idea to me.

I'm a little torn. I don't like the idea of the national government investigating it, but then again, any crime committed would be within their jurisdiction (falsified military records, forging of military officer's signatures, etc...). I'm a bit screwed either way. I wanna see the forgerers (if they are forgeries) dealt with, but I don't really like the way it needs to be done.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

*** Exclusive ***

Details when i get em.

They may be flying in the Fat Lady, looks like she is about to sing

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It looks like the meat of the story is being shirked to 60 minutes instead. Supposedly new evidence, could that mean the memo's are real?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master

*** Exclusive ***

Details when i get em.

They may be flying in the Fat Lady, looks like she is about to sing

Nerdling actually called it in IM to me. It was the Secretary. Interview tonight on 60 Minutes at 8:00.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think it really all depends on the actual wording used in the first story using the documents as evidence.
Did they say "These are actual documents obtained by CBS.....ect"
or was it more like here is the text of actual documents..... ect"?

It could be from a handwritten note but re-typed and made to look grainy for effect. It's misleading but it's also American TV

It all comes down to the words they originally used.
I didn't see it so I can't say.
Anyone have a transcript handy?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That was it?

The secretary Dan Rather brought in sat there and told him that the documents are fake! Then she added some bit about "Well, I know that's what he was thinking at the time" nonsense. It didn't help that the interview was a one-on-one between the elderly lady and Rather himself (staged questions and answers). Really...

If this was the best Dan Rather could come up with, he's toast. I bet he never thought that when he retired and rode into the sunset that everyone would be chasing after him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join