It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'10,000 die a month' in Sudan = Zionist plot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
UP to 10,000 people, many of them children, are dying each month from disease and the effects of violence in Darfur refugee camps despite a concerted international aid effort, the World Health Organisation reported yesterday.

The UN agency released the shocking mortality figures as the Sudanese Government angrily denied US claims that genocide was taking place in Darfur and accused Israel of interfering in its affairs.

"What is going on in Darfur is a fierce Zionist campaign against the Sudan," Sudanese Vice-President Ali Osman Taha said.

"I have never seen in my life such a direct Israeli intervention as it is now in Darfur.

Link to rest of story.

www.news.com.au...

And i thought it was the muslims killing the mainly black christians. where do the jews fit in? Anyone explain this one. One thing why has the UN not intervened with number of people dying?

This situation should not be allowed in this day and age, if only they had oil.
Cynical or what.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When Muslims are wrongfully killing and get caught, it is a Zionist Plot!

When Muslims starve people and get caught doing it, it is a Zionist Plot.

Now lets simplify this argument.

When Muslims get caught == Zionist Plot.

What we have here is a failure of a people to recognize their own fault and accept the blame for their theocratic wrong thinking.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Why have we not intervened by now?

Do all these lives lost mean nothing to anyone?

Shame on us.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

And i thought it was the muslims killing the mainly black christians. where do the jews fit in? Anyone explain this one. One thing why has the UN not intervened with number of people dying?

I believe it's Arab Muslims, who are dark skinned, killing non-Arab Muslims, who they refer to as blacks for some reason.

I posted a background on the situation near the bottom of this thread:
The professional opinion of Powell: Sudan IS genocide

As far as the UN, they have sent people there but it's not enough yet to keep up with the situation. I think there are only 500 UN workers there right now but they are supposed to increase those numbers.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
will read up more on the situation.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
All those countries with all that crap, we should do something (the most powerful ones) we all are depending on each other of humanities future, No one are alone no one would ever survive alone. I get really bad when I see humans in horrible situations, I feel like it was me standing there or someone close to me, an inner shock of sadness and death. Everyone feels it in various depths, as well afraid ness.. Then what should we do?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The perpetrators in Sudan who are committing the vast majority of the genocidal acts are Arab Muslims, who are not native to Sudan, but who have been living there for some time.

The vast majority of the victims are Black Animists, while there is also a measurable population of Christians as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
The perpetrators in Sudan who are committing the vast majority of the genocidal acts are Arab Muslims, who are not native to Sudan, but who have been living there for some time.

The vast majority of the victims are Black Animists, while there is also a measurable population of Christians as well.

There are two conflicts in Sudan.
The conflict between the mostly muslim North and the mostly Christian and Animist South and there is a speparate conflict in Darfur.

The conflict in Darfur is one between Muslims as I understand it.

frontpagemag
With Darfur, I think that because it is an intra-Muslim conflict, it is not as clearly religiously-motivated as say, Khartoum's genocidal war against Sudan's Christians. The fact that the Darfur conflict is getting far more press than the atrocities committed against Sudan's animists and Christians indicates that the media is more comfortable with an "ethnic" conflict between Arabs and Africans than with an Islamic jihad against non-Muslims. So, you are right, Jaime, when you say that the liberal-left agenda is not comfortable in criticizing political acts motivated by Islam.

The New Yorker article I referenced in my post in this thread explains it well.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The militias who are doing the killings in Darfur are not muslims.
No true muslim would ever kill civilians like that, just because they are black. Racism is strictly forbidden in islam.
These militia members burn mosques down, you go to hell for that, according to Islam.

They are well trained, brainwashed bunch of psychos, who are doing it for the money. Such scum can be found anywhere on Earth.

It has very little to do with religion, it is a racial conflict started and now ignored by sudanese goverment.
Also, it is a question of whos puppet the goverment is (all messed up goverments on this planet are somebody's puppets). Just follow the money, find those who support and control the sudanese goverment and you have those who are behind it.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Regardless of the race thing money thing political thing something should be done about it. A few thousand troops could end this outrage.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
America has no interests in Sudan. The American government says they care but thats it they'll just talk. The American people do not want American troops in Sudan. Even if we all know that the major powers should do something the voters won't like it. Nothing will be done about the Sudanese Genocide. An estimated 800,000 people were killed during the 100-day genocide in 1994 in Rwanda - BBC news There were UN peacekeepers in Rwanda but they would not allowed to fight. The UN is useless in stopping genocide. The Africans know they have a problem and are trying to do something.swagga.com... The African nations are generally poor and have little power. The largest National army is in South Africa and it is considerably small. South African Army The Sudan is in a civil war that has killed 2 million so far. Nothing new is happening in Sudan.

[edit on 9/15/2004 by verfed]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Why have we not intervened by now?

Do all these lives lost mean nothing to anyone?

Shame on us.

People always complain when America gets invovled with stuff around the world The US shouldnt be the worlds police. Then when something like this happens its shame on us for not doind anything

This is the type of stuff the UN was created for. Theres a genocide going on in the Sudan as we speak and whats the UN doing to stop it?

More proof that the UN is a toothless tiger and a utter waste of everyones time. The whole UN should be ripped apart and rebuilt from the ground up.

Us troops are spread out already why cant the UN or EU handle this one

[edit on 15-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 15-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
But like it or not the US seems to have taken on a policing kind of role.

However i was thinking along the lines of the africans doing something or the EU or UN or anyone.

Its a big problem being ignored or at least sidestepped by the powers that be. Don't you think someone with the B*lls should do something?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If I was in charge of the EU I would be all over the Sudan issue. They want to be a global power what better way to start then by helping people in great need. There no money to be made in the Sudan the only reason you would help out would be to help save peoples lives.

No one would say the EU was going to war for oil or whatever if they helped. Im sure the whole world would respect the EU all the more if they helped out in the Sudan. They have the money and power to help.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
SUDAN DOES HAVE OIL.
America might be there to help, but while they are busy the UN will try to get a jump on it. All the criticisms of our current admistration policy about how we only liberate oil countries that bring up Sudan as an example are now suspect....
www.eia.doe.gov...
www.christian-aid.org.uk...
www.worldchanging.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
So they do have Oil I didnt know that. So why they hell is nobody helping out? The US has troops on two fronts already ,the UN is sitting with their thumbs up their a$$. I dont know what the EU is doing

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
People always complain when America gets invovled with stuff around the world The US shouldnt be the worlds police. Then when something like this happens its shame on us for not doind anything

I agree, I don't think the US should get involved militarily in htis situation.
I don't think they should continue to push for sanctions either as that may make the situation worse.

The African Union has said they would like to help to put an end to the situation and has a small number of troops there that may increase.

Reuters
The 53-member African Union has some 80 monitors and 300 troops to protect them in Darfur but only to observe a cease-fire between the government and the rebels.

The United Nations has proposed about 3,000 AU military observers and troops and another 1,100 police, although some U.N. officials say the numbers should be higher.

Sudan has said it would accept more African Union monitors but not if their mandate is expanded as Jan Pronk, the special U.N. envoy to Sudan, and others proposed last week.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i feel really bad for the people who die at an atrocious? rate. absolutely horrible.

like it was said earlier in the forum, the muslims so called living their are not the natives but have been there for some time. UK, china, and others have been building up the Sudaneese oil indsutry for some time now as i have linked too. And now we have rumors of zionist intentions and puppet governments..

So when i get flamed for my previous post, realize that by trying to point to the bigger picture im only trying to point to the real perpetrators of war and massacure.

alot of people have been saying "well why dont we help other countries?" and i fear this might be used as an example of other countries that for years have been planned in self interest.

what do u think people??

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I dont know what the EU is doing

The EU has provided over 100 million Euros this year to assist with the situation in Sudan.

EU Business
The new funds are expected to provide victims of the 18-month conflict "with food, nutritional support, shelter, access to clean water and sanitation, emergency health care and protection of vulnerable civilians," according to the commission.

"The situation is still not optimistic from a humanitarian point of view," Peter Holdsworth, of the EC's Humanitarian Aid Office (ECHO) in the Sudanese capital, through which the funds will be channelled, told reporters.

The donation brings to 104 million euros the EC's total humanitarian assistance for Darfur since the beginning of this year.

Just because you don't hear about the help that other nation provide, it doesn't mean they aren't providing help.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I was really talking more of military action. Money & sanctions only go so far in something like this and niether have stopped the killing. Putting troops on the ground on the other hand would have a direct effect to stop the killing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join