It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A united Earth resistance... would it happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
United earth resistance ? I dont think so. Earth resistance, maybe, but united, no. Imagine the picture, U.S. is being bombed by Aliens, you think russians will help? I dont think so, they will probably make profit on it somehow.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beer
United earth resistance ? I dont think so. Earth resistance, maybe, but united, no. Imagine the picture, U.S. is being bombed by Aliens, you think russians will help? I dont think so, they will probably make profit on it somehow.

I really disagree with that. We as a species have a problem with each other but if an outside force came into play I think we would band together. Why? Because who's next?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
A lot of people still doubt the probability of ET's, and if we were attacked by a surprise, no resistance would take place. Dont you think?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beer
A lot of people still doubt the probability of ET's, and if we were attacked by a surprise, no resistance would take place. Dont you think?

That is not the premis of the thread. It asks if ET showed up would the world unite. I believe it would. Swim together or sink alone.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Naturally everyone (everyone in harms way) would retaliate against the alien force; would it be done in a unified fashion? Personally I think that's an obvious no. We are slowly disrupting the natural flow of Earth which may umltimately result in our demise...is the world unifying to stop that?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
We are slowly disrupting the natural flow of Earth which may umltimately result in our demise...is the world unifying to stop that?

You want to fill me in on this? I'm not getting it.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Of course.... It's done in the movies all the time

Right, if its in the movies it has to be true.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

We are slowly disrupting the natural flow of Earth which may umltimately result in our demise...is the world unifying to stop that?

You want to fill me in on this? I'm not getting it.

I was refering to Global Warming and other related events. I was just trying to be vague with my words. Would you like me to expand on this? Probably be better to start a thread in Fragile Earth for that one =)

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I was refering to Global Warming and other related events. I was just trying to be vague with my words. Would you like me to expand on this? Probably be better to start a thread in Fragile Earth for that one =)

Maybe, but you might want to consider this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
First off I havnt decided wether Global Warming is the cause of the Earth warming or if it's part of the natural cycle. There is valid points either way. Although, im thinking it's a natural part of the earths cycle; but likely we have created a "Global Warming" that is speeding up the process...which ultimately results in an Ice Age of course.

Personally I felt that debate you linked was weak. Parrhesia did a pretty lame job at representing the global warming side. NephraTari didn't really present any facts to oppose it himself, he was simply better at debating.

But thanks for posting it!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Personally I felt that debate you linked was weak. Parrhesia did a pretty lame job at representing the global warming side. NephraTari didn't really present any facts to oppose it himself, he was simply better at debating.

But thanks for posting it!

Personally I thought that was a really good debate. If it isn't up to YOUR standards, jump into the forum and enlighten us. Easy to stand outside and throw rocks. Gonna do that?

I am willing to go head to head anytime LL. Your call.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If I gave the impression of throwing rocks then I used the wrong words. My apologies to the debaters should they come across my posts. It was not my intent to attack their intellectual integrity.

I am more then interested in participating Intrepid!

*In retrospect those were overly harsh words

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Why would aliens attack? Instead of attacking they mite want to form some form of alliance with us. They mite be vsing another alliance and mite want to recruit us to the front lines if were that behind in tech, but we mite not be. We COULD be one of the more advanced civilizations.

But if they did attack, we wouldnt stand a chance. We already evolved bombs of 1% of earth blown up to bombs that can blow up abou 40% of earth in just 50 odd years. Imagine what another 1000 could do to that!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Head to Head with a moderator. That would be something eh? =)
I havnt participated in the debates on ATS before. How does this work? Do we pick the topic?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
We already evolved bombs of 1% of earth blown up to bombs that can blow up abou 40% of earth in just 50 odd years.

We have bombs that can blow up %40 of planet Earth?...hope they don't test those, might cause the other %60 to give up.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I recall a channeler saying: "The Aliens are afraid of us learning about our power of our minds, again. When we do, we could vapourize them with a single thought"

This conjours up a scenorio in my mind: Where a long time ago, we were a race of deity beings with super psychic abilities. Then one day, there was a great cataclysm, that brought widespread destruction to our race, destroying many. All that were left were the children, who had none to guide them or tell them about their psychic prowess. Hostile/dark alien forces took advantage of our amnesia, and continued to feed it, even modifying our genetics to shut down the psychic potentials, keeping us in the dark for millenias, that lead to our psychic abilities weakening more, and more, and more, almost becoming non-existent. The hostile alien forces studied us obsessively over time to learn the secrets of our deity powers, knowing fully well, that our psychic potentials will awaken one day, we will remember our past, reclaim our planet and put an end to their grande experiment.

If we could awaken our psychic powers, then no hostile forces could do anything to us. Somehow I hear a ring of truth in that scenorio.

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You can dream all you like about masterchiefs and bruce willis but if they attack we will be destroyed in no time because they could bomb us from space and none of our weapons could hit them there.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I recall a channeler saying: "The Aliens are afraid of us learning about our power of our minds, again. When we do, we could vapourize them with a single thought"

This conjours up a scenorio in my mind: Where a long time ago, we were a race of deity beings with super psychic abilities. Then one day, there was a great cataclysm, that brought widespread destruction to our race, destryong many. All that were left were the children, who had none to guide them or tell them about their psychic prowess. Hostile/dark alien forces took advantage of our amnesia, and continued to feed it, even modifying our genetics to shut down the psychic potentials, keeping us in the dark for millenias, that lead to our psychic abilities weakening more, and more, and more, almost becoming non-existent. The hostile alien forces studied us obsessively over time to learn the secrets of our deity powers, knowing fully well, that our psychic potentials will awaken one day, we will remember our past, reclaim our planet and put an end to their grande experiment.

If we could awaken our psychic powers, then no hostile forces could do anything to us. Somehow I hear a ring of truth in that scenorio.

Word.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Please Lucid Lunacy no one word or one line replies. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My apologies.

That was probably too short as well so im going to type a little more here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join