It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negativity thread for Lonely And Sad People

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Most people in the world are of victim mentality, meaning they believe that they have almost no control of what transpires in their lives, but this is actually not true.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by ballisticmousse

I am more than happy to meet my end

edit on 1/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

...How can you be "more than happy" ??? Surely ojne is either "happy" or "unhappy"???

In the clod light of day, "more than happy" sounds more like a serious psychiatric condition.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It's just an expression. Many people seem to find it strange. An Eglishism maybe? Similar in vein I suppose to "I could care less" when in fact people actually mean they couldn't care less. If you could care less then there is obviously some care left in you to be caring with.

Language is a slippery slope. I sometimes think we would be better left as cavemen, pointing and saying "Ug?" a lot.

edit on 2/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Two things:

1. Happiness is a gradated term, not a binary state. Meaning there is not just 'happy' and 'unhappy', there is 'extremely unhappy' through to 'extremely happy' and everywhere in between. 'More than happy' is synonymous with 'very happy'

2. This thread seemed like a good place to dispel the 'there's someone who has it worse' myth. Okay, so it's not a myth, but the same applies to every single person in the world except for one guy. So everything that sucks in your life could get 100 times worse, and that statement would still apply. Everything in your life could get 100 times better and the statement would still apply. So it's a pretty meaningless statement really.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Does the red pill really ever pay off? If you were always ignorantly bliss for all of eternity, would anything else really matter? Knowledge just brings me, and I'm sure a few others, pain.

Sure, if I had taken the blue pill I wouldn't know "certain things" but at least I would be happy. Isn't that the goal any way? To be peaceful?

Life is terrible, and so are people.

Red pill is just that way. If I were to turn old with the blue pill all my life and then was given the red just a day before my death, I would have felt very very bad for living all my life in the ignorance.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Your life is defined by your own perception. If you find it meaningless- for you it will be.

If you were to see life as having a point how would it look? What if you saved the world (is it worth saving)? What if you created a great invention or gained wealth (does that make your life worth more)? What IS the meaning of life? If you found meaning in your life but no one else did would it be valid or not?

What if you were born and lived for one minute, did you really exsist? Did your life matter then, what if you lived to be 100? What if you lived a boring life, does it matter?

This is my perception of life and its meaning.

Since the moment you entered the earth as a human being you have influenced life itself. You physically influence the space you use. You influence everyone you ever meet even if neither of you know it at that moment. You can influence someones day just by the expression on your face. In turn this influence carries on and on through each and every person you come in contact with. Positive or negitively. So your very exsistance carries influence that potentially never ends. Every choice you make has an effect on your enviornement and those who come in contact with in and the influence you leave behind.

The most insignificant human being has the potential to have the most influence worldwide.

If the world ends in a firey explosion will anything that happened before it matter?

Absolutely, even if only for the fact you could have brought comfort or pain or hope or dispair to another human being, changing the human experience for another carries more validity than matter itself.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So this is where the lonely and sad people are gathering. Were you tossers hiding from me?

I've been like this for about a week now. I'm so fed up as well.

You think it's lack of sunshine?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There have been some great replies in this thread, and while they might not make us feel happier, at the very least they encourage us to think. So to those who have come here to dispense their advice, I say thank you!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
After reading all these replies I had a sudden urge to listen to this song........

****SIGH**** I'll always have a crush on her

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join