It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US push to give Israel smart bombs for Iran attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In the ongoing threat of a war with Iran, it seems that some in the United States are pushing a little harder to make sure Israel gets the job done.

US push to give Israel smart bombs for Iran attack February 2, 2012 - 11:11AM A GBU-31 bunker-buster bomb. A GBU-31 bunker-buster bomb. A bipartisan US policy group wants to provide Israel with 200 additional bunker-buster bombs to increase the credibility of a military strike aimed at thwarting Iran's nuclear program.

Source

I am not to sure that I like my tax money going to support this effort.

None of this will lead to anything good and in a country with over a trillion dollars deficit, how can we afford to spend this kind of money?
edit on 1-2-2012 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
first the u.s. has to give money to israel then israel has to use that money to buy the smart bombs, thus doubling the price and making it more expensive than just giving it to them.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well, the United States has certainly given them plenty of money, I read somewhere that in 2008, when the bottom was falling out of the markets, that they were given millions of dollars.

This shows somewhat of what we give them.

U.S. Military Aid and the Israel/Palestine Conflict

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

But, didn't the US just admit that those wouldn't work against Iran's deepest bunkers? Why give faulty material to Israel? I would be more mad that the US is spending about $330 million so far to develop about 20 of the new bombs when Irans "nuclear weapons" haven't been proven to exist yet.

The Pentagon is seeking about $82 million more to make the bomb more effective. Just about 1/2 a billion dollars just in case Iran is developing...hmm..wonder why the economy is tanking. Empire building doesn't work.

edit on 1-2-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I am sure, if the United States decides to hand something like this over to Israel, that they will give them the best they have.

And, yes, it is no wonder this Empire is tanking, when they can't take care of the problems at home and want to instigate more war over there.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

If these bombs enable the Israelis to do their mission--which will either start a full-fledged war with Iran or start a terrorist reign that will not end, can we not hold each and every person in government and out responsible for bringing such problems down on our heads?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I sure wish that was the case, but if it was, our courts would already be booked full with trials going on, for what they all have already done.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well we know now how this is going to start, well you have a smart we have a smart bomb, you launch a smart bomb we launch a smart bomb.....and guess who's set to make a killing....yup the military industrial economic world banking as it requires fast and serious cash flow to kick start the world economy.

But...people... remember this...one or two should stray off target and hit someone else..its what the plan is...hush hush now.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nothing new, America has been kissing arze every since the institution of the federal resserve. we the people and its majestrates are nothing but pawns.

nothing to see here as it has been played out time,and time, and time, and time, and time, and time, and time again

seriously, nothing to see here, america will do israels bidding, whether hell or high water it shall happen,

would give you a star op, however, nothing new

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Whilst it is nothing new, at the same time; how often do they (America) do it (give Israel money) specifically for an attack on Iran?

I wouldn't take the source as gospel, SMH is a propaganda machine. All the same...interesting.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yes, this is, in a sense, old news!
But, you know what, it is old news because folks are so complacent. They can't be bothered to get off their arse and at least contact their Representatives or write their Newspapers.

It is old news because it is the Same O - Same O. The country is where it is today in being War Mongers, because its citizens allow it.

As long as people get their weekends off and the hope of a vacation sometime in the future, they are content.

I never thought I would see the day when we had 300 million sheep in this country, but that day is certainly here.
People are so bored with their lives they can't wait to wake up to front page headlines saying - Israel Bombs Iran -, with several thousand dead, mostly civilians.

As long as its not in their backyard, yippeee!

Well, you know, I shouldn't care either, I have no blood relatives still alive, no children. I live on less than 14 thousand a year, I drive a 12 year old vehicle and I move about the country with the roof over my head being a tent. And I get to wake and step outside in the morning to whatever view I choose.

But my concern is the future of those now being born and the children that are growing into being our future. They deserve better than this complacency from us. There are also the children in Iran and Israel that are just as innocent and they don't deserve what our leaders are pushing for.

So, you can all go on your way, nothing to see here, just the same old thing. Just the same 300 million sheep ready to accept 5 dollar a gallon gasoline, food prices through the roof, and the possibility of thousands dead because we did nothing to stop it. Those who choose to ignore what is not proper in this world, and do nothing, are just as guilty as those who do these things.

Yes, nothing to see here, same old news, just the same sheep refusing to get off their hands and stand up and make a difference.

new topics

top topics

join