It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Burst from Earth's Core

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Gravitational impulse:

According to the scientist,such an impulse could be caused by a powerful energy burst in the Earth’s interior, at its core. This process may result in the accelerated movement of lithospheric plates and, consequently, strong earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and other geological cataclysms.

Of course, its difficult to imagine shifting tectonic plates causing a significant and/or sudden change in gravitation (which this story implies to me). Another question might be: what was the magnitude of this impulse? If someone was standing in an affected location, would they feel noticablty heavier/lighter. I suspect the difference i more like the weight difference you feel when standing at the equator vs at the poles.

Perhaps something was lost in translation here, and this was actually a magnetic pulse caused by a strong CME. We've had a few of those lately...

But, if not, and this actually was a 'gravitational impulse', perhaps impulse was the incorrect word to use. Gravitational forces across the Earth have certain propensity and dont really fluctuate, at least not quickly and drastically. Rather than an 'impulse', (if indeed originating from within) I think of this more like a 'disruption' or 'magnification' similar to the several gravatational vortecies that can be found around the Earth.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

You are correct with that formula, however keep in mind that the Earth itself is not a perfect sphere of mass either.

Every planetary body (including the Earth) is surrounded by its own gravitational field, which exerts an attractive force on all objects. Assuming a spherically symmetrical planet, the strength of this field at any given point is proportional to the planetary body's mass and inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the center of the body.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are places on the Earth where the crust is thicker, and thinner. So the density changes. If I remember correctly, this also applies to what type of rock too (certain rocks that are denser have more mass, etc). If you look at a "Gravity" map of the Earth, it looks like this:

www.space.com...

I'm with Phage and Poet on this one. While this is interesting, I don't think they've accumulated enough data to know exactly what they are looking at. They've only been looking at this for a few years, and for all we know this "Energy Spike" may be normal (or may not be).

edit on 2-2-2012 by eriktheawful because: Misspelled Phage's name, and didn't want him coming at me with a hammer.........

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
With it occurring near Kiev, makes me wonder if maybe this has anything to do with the weird noise people are hearing everywhere?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthChilde

I personally don't feel that a hollow earth is possible. I base my opinion on the simple lack of evidence for the earth to be in fact hollow, especially when I consider the amount of technology and knowledge we have of our earth now.

Being a trully scientific minded individual, I will not claim that it is 100% impossible. But I remain dubious as to the possibility of a true hollow earth.

Though I admit it would be cool if it turned out to be true.

Hey, love your billy madison quote btw.
edit on 2-2-2012 by remyrange because: spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wonder if it was a thermal nuclear reaction? There's uranium all over the planet so it makes sense if there was some in our core.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Awesome link, and the video there is pretty good as well.

For all we know, they types of gravity waves could be sent out from the core regularly, every few years.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
ok, i guess i was right about the pulswave wrinkling across the globe, cool
(said it like 2-3 days ago)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i have kept pondering on this mysterious Energy Burst measurement

at the onset i thought the Energy Burst was from the Russian 'gravity' detection monitors, something that does not have the blessings from generally accepted Science

i did find this however... there are 6 known 'waves' that happen inside the Earth, and they vary in duration...
i was wondering if this was the Energy Burst the few central Asian stations picked up ?

link & snip:

Oscillations in the Core

Their analyses isolated six slow-moving oscillations, or waves of motion, occurring within the liquid core. The oscillations originated at the boundary between Earth's core and its mantle and traveled inward toward the inner core with decreasing strength. Four of these oscillations were robust, occurring at periods of 85, 50, 35 and 28 years. Since the scientist's data set goes back to 1840, the recurrence period of the longest oscillation (85 years) is less well determined than the other oscillations. The last two oscillations identified were weaker and will require further study.

The 85- and 50-year oscillations are consistent with a 1997 study by researchers Stephen Zatman and Jeremy Bloxham of Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass., who used a different analysis technique. A later purely theoretical study by Harvard researcher Jon Mound and Bruce Buffett of the University of Chicago in 2006 showed that there should be several oscillations of this type; their predicted periods agree with the first four modes identified in Dickey and deViron's study.

geology.com...

the 1 page article goes on to say that precise satellite measuring devices confirm these energy waves/oscillations

"Our satellite-based results are in excellent agreement with the previous theoretical and other studies in this field, providing a strong confirmation of the existence of these oscillations," said Dickey. "These results will give scientists confidence in using satellite measurements in the future to deduce long-term changes taking place deep within our restless planet."

there has not been any firm acknowledgement or science paper which actually states just what kind of energy burst was measured... was there a core Quake that would be analogous to an earthquake down there?
or did the Russians pick up an anomaly in the regular cycles of any one of the 6 known Oscillations
happening inside the Earths mantle & core layers??

thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
For those interested here is a link to a BBC documentary

Here is the introductory review of it:-

For centuries we have dreamt of reaching the center of the Earth. Now scientists are uncovering a bizarre and alien world that lies 4,000 miles beneath our feet, unlike anything we know on the surface.

It is a planet buried within the planet we know, where storms rage within a sea of white-hot metal and a giant forest of crystals make up a metal core the size of the Moon.

Horizon follows scientists who are conducting experiments to recreate this core within their own laboratories, with surprising results

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

edit on 6-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join